ADVERTISEMENT

PGA-Kiawah

@Heelicious scott hoch was another one...straight-up asshole.

i think there becomes a moment in their life when they realize that “i don’t have to be an asshole anymore” and that’s either because they are no longer elite or their kids say “dad, chill the f out”...it’s not because of the wives leaving, lol...i’m convinced this is because it’s an individual sport, though.
The wives leaving them comment is funny. There have been a couple different majors events local to me in the past several years (PGA championship, US Open).

It is entertaining to hear local sports media people who interact with many of the PGA tour pros - describe how the players treat most fans. As if the players are God's gift to humanity, and that they are above talking to some commoner fan even during the driving range session, or off of the course. And if the players aren't catered to - waited on like princes and kings for every little pampered need - well something is totally screwed up with the situation.

This players' attitude and way of acting is different of course for one demographic: if some young hottie makes the cut on being doable - the players are all about talking them up, inviting them to the tent, etc. And there are plenty of women willing to engage in this - with the dreams of cashing in on a multi-million $ payday.

Sort of like the big boat / small yacht old fat ugly but obscene rich crowd attracting the hot young women. "Yes - its all about you and your personality and looks. Its got nothing to do with all your money and material things she's going to get from you. "

Reactions: gteeitup
the last hour of play and the Wannamaker presentation were BANANAS. my 10 year
old son and I went down for the weekend. walked around all day Saturday then went over first thing Sunday morning and planted our chairs on the right side of the 18th green, turned out to be a great decision! we had front row seats to history (see the arrow, he’s on my shoulders).

the roars and energy all day Sunday were great, and then things just exploded when Phil’s ball landed on the green on 18 ... the “security personnel” had NO chance 😂

Reactions: Heelicious
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT