ADVERTISEMENT

PJ Washington OV

I think we have a better chance then some think. PJs father on UNC and Roy since the visit Monday.

“We are really high on them,” he said. “For the head coach to come out, Roy has been out here more than any other head coach recruiting him He made a promise that he would recruit him more than anyone, and he’s lived up to it.”

“We like them as well,” he added. “Roy is making him a centerpiece of recruiting and making him a priority. They have a really good team coming back. Looking at North Carolina compared to Kentucky, you just don’t know with Kentucky, you figured they are going to have a good team, but with North Carolina you know more how their pieces are going to fit. So there’s less uncertainty.”

Yeah, all the sudden I see UNC fans portraying PJ's dad as a really bad guy, not the impression I had/have of him. Maybe he is a bad guy, maybe he is looking for a pay off and using his son for that purpose but from what I have seen that just is not the impression I get of the man. I would urge caution in making such allegations on a guy we are still recruiting.
We definitely have to be careful with that, Dave.

As you know I got a big ol' dose o' intel last night, only some of which is fit to post, along with a lot of scuttlebutt. So I'll just post the parts that have become pretty clear, and leave it here for folks to believe... or not:
- Are there people working Paul behind the scenes on behalf of our competition? Well, yes.
- Will it work? I don't know.
- Does Paul care about PJ's best interests? Yes. Maybe to the point of being over-protective.
- If it was just PJ's choice, where would he go? UNC.
- Where will PJ end up? Remains to be seen.

I've heard rumors that Cal will have different radio & recruiting guys put out info that they're "hearing" a kid is fixing to commit to UK just to try & get another recruit to sign.
I would be surprised if this isn't Cal putting out false info.
That is absolutely 100% true.
It is a big part of his hype strategy --- and since they end up getting a lotta elite kids it comes to fruition often enough to appear credible, even though it wasn't fact when he said it.

I've heard rumors that Cal will have different radio & recruiting guys put out info that they're "hearing" a kid is fixing to commit to UK just to try & get another recruit to sign.

Richards and give a kick in the pants to Bamba?

That is absolutely 100% true.
It is a big part of his hype strategy --- and since they end up getting a lotta elite kids it comes to fruition often enough to appear credible, even though it wasn't fact when he said it.

I have to wonder, if it isn't true, that PJ's father isn't too appreciative of this..

I have to wonder, if it isn't true, that PJ's father isn't too appreciative of this..
Just Cal bein' Cal is likely how most see it... that, or they aren't aware that Cal is the source. I wish it would piss Paul off, but who knows?... Hell, he might take it as a compliment.

Reactions: DSouthr
I actually agree with Dave here. Though it looks as if Kentucky is the favorite, let's not jump to conclusions and start bad mouthing the guy.
I agree. Doesn't sound like PJ's dad's modus operandi to me. He appears to have more
class than that. If PJ picks UK, it's because he thinks it best for his future and I wish him the best. TBS, I think we're still right in this thing.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit. Disinformation from "unnamed sources" is used effectively quite often in this day and age.

I actually agree with Dave here. Though it looks as if Kentucky is the favorite, let's not jump to conclusions and start bad mouthing the guy.

We don't have to bad mouth him...but if this decision was up to PJ's dad, he'd be going to UK in an instant because of the relationship that his dad has with Kenny Payne. So is it THAT far fetched that he's happily bragging about his son going to UK? Not really. Not sold that it's happening, but wouldn't be all that shocked.

Reactions: carolinablue34
We don't have to bad mouth him...but if this decision was up to PJ's dad, he'd be going to UK in an instant because of the relationship that his dad has with Kenny Payne. So is it THAT far fetched that he's happily bragging about his son going to UK? Not really. Not sold that it's happening, but wouldn't be all that shocked.

Fair point.

I don't think any of this makes Paul Washington a bad guy. If I was being recruited my dad coming into a little "pro$perity" sure wouldn't be a bad thing in my mind.

Reactions: Sk1310
I don't think so. Some schools are just eye candy on a recruit's offer list, IMO. They're holding all the cards so they can do as they like. Unfair or not, there it is.

Guys, if you go to Findlay, you do the right thing and involve UNLV. It's just the way it works.

Reactions: gary-7
I read where Eric Bossi said UNLV has a better chance than UNC. He essentially said UNC is not getting PJ and he would be shocked if he didn't pick UK.

I read where Eric Bossi said UNLV has a better chance than UNC. He essentially said UNC is not getting PJ and he would be shocked if he didn't pick UK.

Fortunately the 1st sentence is false. Unfortunately the 2nd sentence is true.

seen on IC that Washington meets with UNC changes timeline ... I hoping it bodes well for us ... I think he picks UK ..... hopefully I'm wrong & eat raw crow !

I hope he commits that day. PJ comes to Carolina.

Im hoping PJ isnt a fan of this surprise visit by Vanderbilt to UK. I will tell you what i think it means though. while most fans here think PJ is almost a lock to UK, even UK doesnt think PJ is a lock. This surprise visit tells me that. UK has been selling positionless to Washington, AKA the wing. Vandy would complicate that plan.

Thought his Dad said he would announce in Nov but sign in the spring?
Evan Daniels reported yesterday that he would sign in the early period. TIFWIW

Last edited:
Daniels reporting this morning that Vandy is cancelling his visit to UK, PJ cancelling his visit to UNLV, Zion cancelling both NC State and Duke, Bamba no longer considering Harvard, and Joel Berry will be transferring from UNC.

He reports all 5 will be headed to WKU.

Daniels reporting this morning that Vandy is cancelling his visit to UK, PJ cancelling his visit to UNLV, Zion cancelling both NC State and Duke, Bamba no longer considering Harvard, and Joel Berry will be transferring from UNC.

He reports all 5 will be headed to WKU.

hahahahaha. Sad thing is, I believed the first 4 parts for a second lol.

Reactions: alabamaheel
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT