ADVERTISEMENT

PJ Washington OV

Is it a coincidence that EVERY single former UK player in the NBA has a shoe deal with Nike? Literally, they don't have one guy with a competitor's brand.

We notice this but the NCAA doesn't? Sigh.

John Wall is Adidas or Reebok or something isn't he?

Sorry...1 out of 20. And that was apparently in place when Dan Fagen started recruiting Wall when he was a 5th year Sr at WOG.

Sorry...1 out of 20. And that was apparently in place when Dan Fagen started recruiting Wall when he was a 5th year Sr at WOG.

You realize that about 75% of the NBA players with shoe deals have deals with Nike, right? And yet Wall - the seminal NBA talent of the Calipari era - went with Adidas right out of college. Last year's top draftee out of UK - Jamal Murray - also went with Adidas. Derrick Rose and Brandon Knight are Adidas guys. There may be others, but I'm not going to count them. Basically your argument is completely unsupported by facts.

If you want to pick out a school whose shoe affiliations and NBA player shoe contracts are extremely suspect, look no farther than Kansas. Despite Nike's domination, literally ever single Kansas player of any import over the last few years - McLemore, Wiggins, Embiid, Oubre, etc. are Adidas guys. Nine months from now, Josh Jackson will be signing a contract with Adidas - write it down.

You realize that about 75% of the NBA players with shoe deals have deals with Nike, right? And yet Wall - the seminal NBA talent of the Calipari era - went with Adidas right out of college. Last year's top draftee out of UK - Jamal Murray - also went with Adidas. Derrick Rose and Brandon Knight are Adidas guys. There may be others, but I'm not going to count them. Basically your argument is completely unsupported by facts.

If you want to pick out a school whose shoe affiliations and NBA player shoe contracts are extremely suspect, look no farther than Kansas. Despite Nike's domination, literally ever single Kansas player of any import over the last few years - McLemore, Wiggins, Embiid, Oubre, etc. are Adidas guys. Nine months from now, Josh Jackson will be signing a contract with Adidas - write it down.

Who is Zona affiliated with? Im so confused on how that bum coach over there keeps landing top guys

Of course KU does it. Just don't try to deflect from uk.

All you've proven is UK and KU both cheat. No one on this board is arguing otherwise.

I dont know if its a good thing he cut Arizona after BBM. I was ready to say its bad if he does that, then he has to go and have an in home with Roy this week.

Unlv? Where are you seeing he's even interested in them? I haven't heard him mention them as a contender even once.

First, where did you even read this? His Official List was UNC/UK/Zona as of yesterday.

His dad talked about adding UNLV and taking a visit in Nov. 3-5, so not surprising if they are a contender. But there was no news of them cutting Zona.

First, where did you even read this? His Official List was UNC/UK/Zona as of yesterday.

His dad talked about adding UNLV and taking a visit in Nov. 3-5, so not surprising if they are a contender. But there was no news of them cutting Zona.

It just happened about 15 minutes ago apparently. and yeah I didnt even realize unlv was an option but I guess so.

It just happened about 15 minutes ago apparently. and yeah I didnt even realize unlv was an option but I guess so.

Is there a tweet/article/source? Not saying I don't believe you, but timing is just very peculiar. Especially since they supposedly left a "lasting impression".

Reactions: DSouthr
More than 2mo ago, everyone was talking that there were only 4 school in it for PJ, I shared that UNLV was also a factor, folks told me I didn't know what I was talking about then to, yet now only 3 remain in contention and one of them is UNLV. They are across town from where his dad coaches, of course they were going to be a factor...I don't think they are any more than a distant 3rd but they survived while 2 expected leaders dropped out.

More than 2mo ago, everyone was talking that there were only 4 school in it for PJ, I shared that UNLV was also a factor, folks told me I didn't know what I was talking about then to, yet now only 3 remain in contention and one of them is UNLV. They are across town from where his dad coaches, of course they were going to be a factor...I don't think they are any more than a distant 3rd but they survived while 2 expected leaders dropped out.

Unless they change his mind with a bag of cash, this visit is

1. A thank you for hiring his Dad at Findlay
2. A visit that doesn't require anymore travel since they are wiped out from it.

All of the insiders (this site and competitors) all believe it's a 2 horse race now.

Reactions: carolinablue34

2. A visit that doesn't require anymore travel since they are wiped out from it.

All of the insiders (this site and competitors) all believe it's a 2 horse race now.

Have we gained ground?

Always felt like UK will land him and this latest news doesn't change my thinking. Obviously, PJ really likes Roy and UNC but in the end I suspect him and his family make a "business decision." Most who think they are OAD end up deciding for whomever they believe will get them to the league quickest.

Just gonna let this play out. It can honestly go either way. Under the circumstances we've had in previous years, I'd be less optimistic. But we have neither a looming investigation over our heads nor log jams at each position.

Thus my words ".I don't think they are any more than a distant 3rd but they survived while 2 expected leaders dropped out."

Heard on a UK radio show this morning they said that PJ's dad has been telling people that he's going to UK.
Not that I put a lot of stock into Matt Jones & his info... just posting what he said.

With all the recent developments, it's a safe bet to say PJ is headed to UK.

Not over yet, but most should recognize what this is starting to look like.

That doesn't sound like Paul Washington. At all.

Yeah, all the sudden I see UNC fans portraying PJ's dad as a really bad guy, not the impression I had/have of him. Maybe he is a bad guy, maybe he is looking for a pay off and using his son for that purpose but from what I have seen that just is not the impression I get of the man. I would urge caution in making such allegations on a guy we are still recruiting.

Yeah, all the sudden I see UNC fans portraying PJ's dad as a really bad guy, not the impression I had/have of him. Maybe he is a bad guy, maybe he is looking for a pay off and using his son for that purpose but from what I have seen that just is not the impression I get of the man. I would urge caution in making such allegations on a guy we are still recruiting.

Probably some getting ready to switch over to "too much baggage" mode.

Lol.

Yeah just mentioned that, although I didn't know the source. How reliable is the info?
Matt Jones is a clown. He used to talk about Cal like a dog but now hangs on his nuts.
I believe what he said was that a few people have told him that they heard PJs dad has told a few people.
Kind of making a very broad prediction without putting himself at risk.

Matt Jones is a clown. He used to talk about Cal like a dog but now hangs on his nuts.
I believe what he said was that a few people have told him that they heard PJs dad has told a few people.
Kind of making a very broad prediction without putting himself at risk.

I am going to respectfully decline to place a lot of stock in what is talked about on a homer Ky radio show and I honestly do not believe Mr Washington is going around telling random folks that his son is committing to Ky. He may commit to Ky in the end but if he does so the only folks that will know before the announcement are the coaches that are still involved if he lets the coaches even know before the announcement. You folks have followed recruiting for to long to believe the kid's dad is running around telling random people things that they want held close until the day they elect to announce his decision.

I actually agree with Dave here. Though it looks as if Kentucky is the favorite, let's not jump to conclusions and start bad mouthing the guy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT