ADVERTISEMENT

Predicting Next Season Success Is HARD in the Portal Era

What Would Jesus Do?

Hall of Famer
Nov 28, 2010
I was just glancing at Ga Tech's page to see if any of their transfers were worth thinking about and I noticed that although they had a losing season (15-18) they actually finished fairly strong, winning 7 of their last 10 and going 2 rounds in the ACCT.

Normally, seeing that, I would glance at the roster to see how many seniors they were losing, or look up their incoming class, or both - and if they weren't losing much and had some decent recruits, I'd figure them to be better next year.

Hard to do that with the portal stirring things up.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
If roster turnover continues into future years, then the value of shooters will probably increase even more. Shooters are the easiest thing to integrate in an offensive system and certain shooters work in any system.

They will have to reign it in pretty soon. Coaches are getting headaches now, but soon fans and, more importantly, donors/businesses will complain that the dude they got hitched to is suddenly in a different market! I need him to stay attached to UNC (or another BB) so I can maximize my investment. For example: Is TNick a more valuable asset at UNC or VT?; Is Hunter Dickinson the same draw for my business in the South or Midwest?

NIL taketh, but may have to giveth soon!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT