ADVERTISEMENT

PRESIDENT TRUMP

That's not false equivalency.

Why are you so mean? Here's how I feel when you say mean things to me (I'm Melania, you're Trump of course):

Why do you feel compelled to castigate my opinions and parce my words? You have been like my own personal fact checker as of late which is kind of unnecessary since I post mostly opinions.

I haven't read this whole thread so forgive me if this wasn't covered,

I think Trump helps keep the media at bay same as Obama did the pub's with his birth certificate. That and he loves to torment the media. He and Obama are products of how divided the country truly is. The media, pub's, and Dems best find a way to get along better or the longevity of this country will be a short one.

i like this

4174.jpg

Or you call out poasts you don't like and then attempt to wear down the other side.
Sure, if the poast attempts to present opinions as facts. For example, it's possible to approve of the job Trump is doing but still believe he's not trustworthy. You chose to interpret those as being the same thing because that conclusion, however invalid, supports what you want to believe.

You're personally invested in Trump and probably aren't going to change your mind about him, so I'll leave it alone for now.

Sure, if the poast attempts to present opinions as facts. For example, it's possible to approve of the job Trump is doing but still believe he's not trustworthy. You chose to interpret those as being the same thing because that conclusion, however invalid, supports what you want to believe.

You're personally invested in Trump and probably aren't going to change your mind about him, so I'll leave it alone for now.
Probably???

I will accept that if you will accept that there are plenty of people who are invested in Trump's failure. (I wouldn't previously have put you in that category but the jury is now out. )

And it is also possible to believe Trump is trustworthy but not approve of his job performance.

About as invested as you are in the 2 party system.
I didn't put a bazillion dollars in wagers on the 2-party system. I haven't been defending the 2-party system on a daily basis for over a year straight.

Is this another alternative fact?

I didn't put a bazillion dollars in wagers on the 2-party system. I haven't been defending the 2-party system on a daily basis for over a year straight.

Is this another alternative fact?

There is no one who depends more on the 2 party system for reference when poasting than you.

Which is why your disdain for Trump is fascinating. We finally have a president who is not a product of the 2 party system and you don't like him either.

Some people will always find something to bitch about, I suppose.

Which is why your disdain for Trump is fascinating. We finally have a president who is not a product of the 2 party system and you don't like him either.
He's precisely the product of it. He's played both sides of it his entire life, by his own admission. He pretends to be conservative because he can dupe that side a lot easier, apparently.

And, even if he had been a 3rd party candidate and managed to win, he's still incompetent, and in no way qualified for this job. He's not qualified emotionally, intellectually, behaviorally or most any other 'ally. And, the brash, rude and overt "qualities" that endear him to certain people, are hardly traits that I'd want to see grow or flourish. And, when they appeal to those people, it makes me question their virtue as well.

Just FYI, CNN quietly released updated pictures that show that Trump's inauguration drew a crowd LARGER than Obama's 2009 inauguration. In fact, the picture that the MSM was in such a hissy fit about was completely misleading. Picture on the left showed the crowd while Obama was actually speaking; picture on the right showed the crowd THREE HOURS BEFORE TRUMP SPOKE!!!

CNN-Trump-vs-Obama.png

Follow the link to CNN's quietly-released gigapixel and you'll find that the crowd is backed up all the way to the Washington Monument with NO SPACES IN BETWEEN!!! So dishonest and misleading!

CNN = FAKE NEWS

Trump is gonna bankrupt Soros ... his protesters do not know where to go ... the pipeline, the border, the White House lawn. George better dig deep in those pockets, gonna be a longggg run.

Reactions: nctransplant
tucker carlson got ownend tonight re aca...you guys should watch, he's such a little child...didn't know he had his own, show??

thank you twitter!

tucker carlson got ownend tonight re aca...you guys should watch, he's such a little child...didn't know he had his own, show??

thank you twitter!
I didn't think he got owned. I thought both had very valid points. ACA guy stuck his foot in his mouth when he said the ACA was never meant to benefit everyone. It was sold as that.

Scott Adams nails it again

Outrage Dilution
Posted January 26th, 2017 @ 8:24am in #Trump #Whenhub

I’m having a fun time watching President Trump flood the news cycle with so many stories and outrages that no one can keep up. Here’s how the math of persuasion works in this situation:

1 outrage out of 3 headlines in a week: Bad Persuasion

25 outrages out of 25 headlines in a week: Excellent Persuasion

At the moment there are so many outrages, executive orders, protests, and controversies that none of them can get enough oxygen in our brains. I can’t obsess about problem X because the rest of the alphabet is coming at me at the same time.

When you encounter a situation that is working great except for one identifiable problem, you can focus on the problem and try to fix it. But if you have a dozen complaints at the same time, none of them looks special. The whole situation just looks confusing, and you don’t know where to start. So you wait and see what happens. Humans need contrast in order to make solid decisions that turn into action. Trump removed all of your contrast by providing multiple outrages of similar energy.

You’re probably seeing the best persuasion you will ever see from a new president. Instead of dribbling out one headline at a time, so the vultures and critics can focus their fire, Trump has flooded the playing field. You don’t know where to aim your outrage. He’s creating so many opportunities for disagreement that it’s mentally exhausting. Literally. He’s wearing down the critics, replacing their specific complaints with entire encyclopedias of complaints. And when Trump has created a hundred reasons to complain, do you know what impression will be left with the public?

He sure got a lot done.

Even if you don’t like it.

In only a few days, Trump has made us question what-the-hell every other president was doing during their first weeks in office. Were they even trying?

Outrage Dilution

I’m having a fun time watching President Trump flood the news cycle with so many stories and outrages that no one can keep up. Here’s how the math of persuasion works in this situation:

At the moment there are so many outrages, executive orders, protests, and controversies that none of them can get enough oxygen in our brains. I can’t obsess about problem X because the rest of the alphabet is coming at me at the same time.

When you encounter a situation that is working great except for one identifiable problem, you can focus on the problem and try to fix it. But if you have a dozen complaints at the same time, none of them looks special. The whole situation just looks confusing, and you don’t know where to start. So you wait and see what happens. Humans need contrast in order to make solid decisions that turn into action. Trump removed all of your contrast by providing multiple outrages of similar energy.

You’re probably seeing the best persuasion you will ever see from a new president. Instead of dribbling out one headline at a time, so the vultures and critics can focus their fire, Trump has flooded the playing field. You don’t know where to aim your outrage. He’s creating so many opportunities for disagreement that it’s mentally exhausting. Literally. He’s wearing down the critics, replacing their specific complaints with entire encyclopedias of complaints. And when Trump has created a hundred reasons to complain, do you know what impression will be left with the public?

He sure got a lot done.

In only a few days, Trump has made us question what-the-hell every other president was doing during their first weeks in office. Were they even trying?

At first I thought the Spicer press conference was a complete debacle for Trump. But I now see it for what it really was, as alluded to by Scott Adams. We have people like Strum who continue to harp on the Spicer conference, and then others who continue to bicker about the inauguration crowd size, etc. All the while, Trump is making moves to get the stuff he wants done: immigration reform, the wall, chicago riots/murders halted - that may have faced stricter opposition if said opposition wasn't focused on stupid stuff.

This guy's playing chess and offering up several pawns for his haters to pick off, while he moves in for a checkmate. Not a surprising tactic I guess, it's more surprising that the people that thought they were so much smarter than him are falling right into it.

Outrage Dilution

He sure got a lot done.

At first I thought the Spicer press conference was a complete debacle for Trump. But I now see it for what it really was, as alluded to by Scott Adams. We have people like Strum who continue to harp on the Spicer conference, and then others who continue to bicker about the inauguration crowd size, etc. All the while, Trump is making moves to get the stuff he wants done: immigration reform, the wall, chicago riots/murders halted - that may have faced stricter opposition if said opposition wasn't focused on stupid stuff.

This guy's playing chess and offering up several pawns for his haters to pick off, while he moves in for a checkmate. Not a surprising tactic I guess, it's more surprising that the people that thought they were so much smarter than him are falling right into it.
You know it's amazing because we all can look up at the same stars and see very different things. You see progress and I see oppression. Oh well.....

Not sure if this has been covered, but I'm too lazy to read back through 13 pages.
It is really funny, to me, how prisoner-of-the-moment the MSM and the general public can be at times.

Do they not have a brain large enough to realize this investigation into the voter integrity is geared towards the 2020 re-election? He knows that the liberal left will be out in full force the next go round to get rid of him, and this is an effort towards that -- not anything to do with "proving" he won the popular vote.

I don't think Trump is very good at explaining himself, but you don't have to be head cashier at Walmart to understand what the real motivation is here.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
Who is being oppressed?
Oh dear Lord, I don't expect you to understand it...Families will possibly be split apart, the Native Americans dealing with the issues from the pipeline, Americans who ARE Muslim will be oppressed at some point....it just goes on and on. You know who will NOT be oppressed???? White males, so you're good... no worries. ;)

Oh dear Lord, I don't expect you to understand it...Families will possibly be split apart, the Native Americans dealing with the issues from the pipeline, Americans who ARE Muslim will be oppressed at some point....it just goes on and on. You know who will NOT be oppressed???? White males, so you're good... no worries. ;)

I'm 1/8th (I think) Powhatan Indian...my heritage has always been in Virginia. Whew, I'm safe!

I'm 1/8th (I think) Powhatan Indian...my heritage has always been in Virginia. Whew, I'm safe!
I am 1/8th Cherokee and a woman, sooooooo..... I don't expect you guys to get it. It is apparent from the last year of going back and forth on here with you guys, you never will. I don't hate you, in fact, I like all of you. I simply do not understand the closemindedness sometimes.

Reactions: strummingram
I am 1/8th Cherokee and a woman, sooooooo..... I don't expect you guys to get it. It is apparent from the last year of going back and forth on here with you guys, you never will. I don't hate you, in fact, I like all of you. I simply do not understand the closemindedness sometimes.

I'm more open-minded than you realize. Sometimes, too open-minded. But there are certain times when you have to make decisions with your brain and not your heart -- when it comes to the safety of our citizens, that is one of those times.

I'm more open-minded than you realize. Sometimes, too open-minded. But there are certain times when you have to make decisions with your brain and not your heart -- when it comes to the safety of our citizens, that is one of those times.
Perhaps I don't see it because I do not live in any fear whatsoever. I encounter people from all nationalities all the time and all are kind to me as I am to them and I truly believe we do get what we give out. It has always been true for me anyway.

Perhaps I don't see it because I do not live in any fear whatsoever. I encounter people from all nationalities all the time and all are kind to me as I am to them and I truly believe we do get what we give out. It has always been true for me anyway.

I agree with that philosophy on a personal level, but it is completely naive to believe that the millions in this country can - or will - abide by this same philosophy. So, you have to adjust your approach on a macro level. It's just the way it is. Sitting back hoping for the best only leads to the worst of us, unfortunately, doing what they do.

For a long time now, the press has dictated what is and what isn't "newsworthy". Trump isn't playing that game. As he did all throughout his candidacy, he's is dictating the news and getting the media to talk about what he wants them to talk about. The media is being played and they don't even know it, ignorant arses that they are. I have no sympathy for them at all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT