ADVERTISEMENT

Quick stuff (Arky game)...

I think Cadeau is extremely important and UNC’s upside is almost tied to his play at a 1 to 1 level.

But the generational prospect talk is probably extremely premature. And any comparison to Jason Kidd… Jason Kidd as a freshman averaged 13 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 7.7 apg, 3.8 steals. That Cal team also had a coaching change midway through the season. Cadeau has a looooooong way to get to 19 year old Jason Kidd.

Maybe others have different definitions of generational. Kevin Durant may have been the last college player who I thought was truly generational. Maybe Anthony Davis?

Hopefully he’ll have a Kendall Marshall type impact once he’s fully ready to go.

But let’s start with not averaging 10 fouls per 40 minutes first, lol.
Sorry, but what do some of you want him to do?... ref the damned game too whlie he's playing?

He has not LEGITIMATELY fouled out yet. So let's start with the fact that he IS a generational PG prospect... and on that note, why TF are Durant and Davis even being mentioned here?

Sorry, but what do some of you want him to do?... ref the damned game too whlie he's playing?

He has not LEGITIMATELY fouled out yet. So let's start with the fact that he IS a generational PG prospect... and on that note, why TF are Durant and Davis even being mentioned here?
I haven’t watched the NBA in over thirty years until last week. Only watched it because I started playing Prize Picks. I saw that they can initiate replay reviews for fouls. Why doesn’t college do that on at least a limited basis?

I haven’t watched the NBA in over thirty years until last week. Only watched it because I started playing Prize Picks. I saw that they can initiate replay reviews for fouls. Why doesn’t college do that on at least a limited basis?
OMG 👎.
PLEASE don't gravitate anymore closer to the NBA. The current review process is already too long for Flagrant 1/2 and last two min of the game process.

OMG 👎.
PLEASE don't gravitate anymore closer to the NBA. The current review process is already too long for Flagrant 1/2 and last two min of the game process.
Oh don’t get me wrong. I hate the NBA but I like betting. As much as everyone here complains about getting screwed by the refs, I would think you would want a mechanism to fix it.

Oh don’t get me wrong. I hate the NBA but I like betting. As much as everyone here complains about getting screwed by the refs, I would think you would want a mechanism to fix it.
I get you on the betting part😉
I very rarely discuss officiating on forums, or complain about officiating.
As a coach that has also worked as an official, I know how far down the list I have to go before I can say officiating cost my team a game.
Lots of Carolina blue lens being looked through while complaining about officiating.
That being said, they were not very good from halftime of Nova game Thursday.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS

Let’s start with he’s a talented freshman that will really help this team when he plays more and gets more and more comfortable on the floor.

Didn’t you compare him to Joel Berry? If so, did you consider Joel Berry a generational PG prospect?

I get you on the betting part😉
I very rarely discuss officiating on forums, or complain about officiating.
As a coach that has also worked as an official, I know how far down the list I have to go before I can say officiating cost my team a game.
Lots of Carolina blue lens being looked through while complaining about officiating.
That being said, they were not very good from halftime of Nova game Thursday.
I would only want it on a limited basis (i.e. give each coach 2 foul challenges a game and if you are wrong on the first you lose the second). Let the coach strategize on when to use them.

I can't wait to see the complete EC! I can see him building to it and I can see the team and coaches growing along with him! 2-1 out of this tournament and getting to play against big, experienced, talented contenders will increase our confidence, trust in each other, and help us define our rotations!

I can't wait to see the complete EC! I can see him building to it and I can see the team and coaches growing along with him! 2-1 out of this tournament and getting to play against big, experienced, talented contenders will increase our confidence, trust in each other, and help us define our rotations!
I love EC, and really like where he is right now in relation to where he will be.
I don't think we have to worry about him being 1 and done anymore. That is not a knock on his longterm capability just a realization of where he is right now.
His current shot release and ability to create his own offense is not yet there for a 1st round NBA player.
I think it will gravitate towards that, but I am confident he will be our starting point guard the min Hubert puts him in ad a starter, through next season.
I am very excited for the rest of this season, but I have some SERIOUS wood thinking about the athleticism and ballers we will have on the court in 2024-25!😋

I think one of the best things about Cadeau starting is that he puts Davis at the 2. Not trying to put Davis down, he is just mich more effective at the 2. He tends to dominate the ball at point although not as much as last year, it still happens once in awhile. He is not a great feeder to the the post and passing the ball ahead does not come naturally to him. He is more wired to score.

Cadeau doesn't have to be spectacular, just adequate. Think he is more than that because he cares for starters. He does have that innate ability to see the floor.

His shot is a little suspect. You can make all the excuses you want but he is a liability on defense right now. I think he will be above average offensively in short order. Not willing to show that same belief defensively this year. He will have to prove that to me. Overall, pretty damn good for a freshman in his 6th game. Not legendary but solid.

I think one of the best things about Cadeau starting is that he puts Davis at the 2. Not trying to put Davis down, he is just mich more effective at the 2. He tends to dominate the ball at point although not as much as last year, it still happens once in awhile. He is not a great feeder to the the post and passing the ball ahead does not come naturally to him. He is more wired to score.

Cadeau doesn't have to be spectacular, just adequate. Think he is more than that because he cares for starters. He does have that innate ability to see the floor.

His shot is a little suspect. You can make all the excuses you want but he is a liability on defense right now. I think he will be above average offensively in short order. Not willing to show that same belief defensively this year. He will have to prove that to me. Overall, pretty damn good for a freshman in his 6th game. Not legendary but solid.
Spot on!!!!! Totally fair critique, and I could not agree more. Just because you realize a kid is not perfect and frankly there is not a kid in the college game that does not have areas of their game that needs work, that isn't throwing shade at a kid, it is living in the real world.

Reactions: Archer2
Sorry. I don't buy Cadeau as the end all be all. He's really good but not what people want to make him out to be, at least not yet.

RJ played really most of the game. I would be on him pretty big when he pounds the ball for no reason or tries the hero crap. Glad we don't see it all that often anymore.

I think Ingram was extremely impactful. It was great to see Seth knock down those open corner 3's Ingram provided. Making those shots allow the staff to keep him out there for his forte of defense. Felt bad he had to slow down a guy that RJ and Cadeau let get going. Once you let someone start feeling it, your job just became a lot harder. I have had a few games like that where you get in a rhythm and you get so comfortable and everything is easy.

Finally, my man Jalen. Granted I am partial to him and Seth, but how do you keep him from more minutes? I just don't understand it. Hoping to see more of him in December. Time to reward him for his play with more minutes.
My man bringing absolute FIRE! LOVE IT!

One small thing, I do think there is a strong chance that Cadeau could become close to what so many want him to be by the end of this season. Let me give you an example of a guy on our coaching staff right now, Marcus Paige. At the beginning of his freshman season many of us were trying to understand why Roy was starting him AND Dexter Strickland and not PJ. But then, around the half way mark of the season we saw why, we saw the birth of Marcus as a player UNC fans will always love and remember fondly! I am thinking a similar thing will happen for Cadeau, don't know that for fact because no one can but I do suspect it. It just takes guys a while as freshmen to have the game slow down for them and they play with that confidence they had prior. They all hit the "freshman wall" at some point and I for sure rather they hit it early rather than late, Seth by example hit his late season (stunted in my opinion due to irregular PT and being asked to play out of position). It looks like Cadeau is hitting his wall really early, that is good news!

Cadeau is learning, and learning fast. By late January or earlier he will be running this team like a well oiled machine. Love everything about the kid
I agree, and also see how there are growing pains too.

I’ve not been able to watch all games, but from the limited glimpses of EC I can see how he impacts the team.

I don’t believe in anointing anyone to any status until after their career is over, but I do agree, Cadeau should start.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS and gary-7
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT