ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Zion Williamson

Most would tend to agree with you. However, Zion has some family pushing him to stay home and he also stayed put at his current high school in Spartanburg, instead of transferring to a big time prep school. So apparently the pull to stay close to home is appealing to him. Of course, he will need to get over that once he gets to the NBA.

Yes, and if it was not for the FBI probe he would be headed to Kansas. The stepfather was given an Adidas AAU team. Ya think this was out of the goodness of Adidas's heart? The staying close to home stuff would be a moot point if the FBI would not have come along. He was Kansas bound with a lucrative Adidas's shoe contract after he declared for the NBA.

Yes, and if it was not for the FBI probe he would be headed to Kansas. The stepfather was given an Adidas AAU team. Ya think this was out of the goodness of Adidas's heart? The staying close to home stuff would be a moot point if the FBI would not have come along. He was Kansas bound with a lucrative Adidas's shoe contract after he declared for the NBA.

This rumor makes the most sense.

I actually agree with pretty much everything you just said.

I actually agree with pretty much everything you just said.

Bottom line, I have never believed staying close to home was ever a factor and is still not a factor. Zion's team is pissed off that the FBI came along and spoiled their plans. The kid was headed to Kansas. Still not convinced he is going to Clemson or South Carolina. Zion needs to have a supporting cast and relishes a big stage. I was sure he was going to be Duke until you signed Barrett. There are not enough balls at Duke for Zion next year and may not be enough at Kentucky considering that most of their players will be back next year.

I predict UNC.

Bottom line, I have never believed staying close to home was ever a factor and is still not a factor. Zion's team is pissed off that the FBI came along and spoiled their plans. The kid was headed to Kansas. Still not convinced he is going to Clemson or South Carolina. Zion needs to have a supporting cast and relishes a big stage. I was sure he was going to be Duke until you signed Barrett. There are not enough balls at Duke for Zion next year and may not be enough at Kentucky considering that most of their players will be back next year.

I predict UNC.

I'm still going with Clemson (for now).

There are not enough balls at Duke for Zion next year and may not be enough at Kentucky considering that most of their players will be back next year.

I predict UNC.
Most of their players probably should come back but it's Kentucky and players leave before they should all the time- even when they know they're going in the 2nd round. I doubt anyone on UK's roster plays over Zion next year even if they do all come back. If he doesn't go to Kentucky rupp rafters will implode though which will be fun reading.

Most of their players probably should come back but it's Kentucky and players leave before they should all the time- even when they know they're going in the 2nd round. I doubt anyone on UK's roster plays over Zion next year even if they do all come back. If he doesn't go to Kentucky rupp rafters will implode though which will be fun reading.
Bolden and Jeter sure know the feeling...:)

Anytime that place goes bananas it’s hilarious. It’s like a nippy dog making a huge racket while you laugh how sad and puny it is.

Reactions: tw3301
Speaking of ky, how are they not ranked one? Every single player on that roster was an elite 4 or 5 star recruit. When will they start gettin called out for under achieving? God knows if we had ten yrs of top ranked classes and one natty to show for it the wolves would be howling on radar.

Well, I guess the one thing we all know for sure is he was a lock for moo until some cheating arse UNC booster went to Swofford and convinced him to sway the kid away from them. Otherwise they would be a shoe-in for the national championship.

Or something like that.

Speaking of ky, how are they not ranked one? Every single player on that roster was an elite 4 or 5 star recruit. When will they start gettin called out for under achieving? God knows if we had ten yrs of top ranked classes and one natty to show for it the wolves would be howling on radar.
they don't have that "elite" guy that they need if they're going to change teams each year. If you're going all in on OAD then you have to have a Fox, Wall, Cousins, Bagley, etc. especially if you don't have any upperclassmen returning. I would guess they will be a tough out come March but I don't see them as a legit final four threat at all unless Vanderbilt comes back from injury and is an absolute freak.

Z will go to UK which has no forwards committed in 2018, or he will go to UNC. Period. End of the story. Z will have a better supporting cast at UNC than he would have at UK, and as far as X's and O's go, Roy beats Cal everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.

Duke continues to get fewer but higher ranked 5* than UK: In 2017 Duke has four 5* (ranked 1, 6, 7, 17) and UK has six 5* (ranked 10, 11, 12, 15, 18, 26), and in 2018 Duke has three 5* (ranked 1,3,8, including two forwards) and UK has two 5* (ranked 10, 11, with no forwards).

Go Heels !!

Last edited:
Reactions: CJBlue and TheGLOV
Z will go to UK which has no forwards committed in 2018, or he will go to UNC. Period. End of the story. Z will have a better supporting cast at UNC than he would have at UK, and as far as X's and O's go, Roy beats Cal everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.

Duke continues to get fewer but higher ranked 5* than UK: In 2017 Duke has four 5* (ranked 1, 6, 7, 17) and UK has six 5* (ranked 10, 11, 12, 15, 18, 26), and in 2018 Duke has three 5* (ranked 1,3,8, including two forwards) and UK has two 5* (ranked 10, 11, with no forwards).

Go Heels !!
Duke has a shooting guard and if you want to say Cam is a swing that’s fine. But “forwards” I’d say none. Regardless, i don’t think we land Zion.

Just know that the prediction is just that, a prediction. Not one expert has claimed to have any confidence on where he's going.
All recent chatter has been around Clemson. Nobody truly knows but I think UNC is not very likely.

All recent chatter has been around Clemson. Nobody truly knows but I think UNC is not very likely.

I get the feeling he's just going to UK and has been all along.

We're going to sit back and just go "well duh, of course this incredibly hyped, NBA ready kid who sees college as a 6 month pit stop is going to UK".

We're going to sit back and just go "well duh, of course this incredibly hyped, NBA ready kid who sees college as a 6 month pit stop is going to UK".
Said on DI- have felt all along its UK or clemson for the same reasons. I think every Blue blood hopes it’s clemson if it’s not them- for obvious reasons. The built in excuse and the lack of real threat.

I cannot imagine why Zion would come to UNC and be forced to play team basketball for one season. Despite the fact that it would make him a better player. I expect he will go to UK or dook, although going to dook might limit his touches considering the other guys going there next year. Therefore my prediction is UK, and he gets the ball every possession.

Zion has kept his recruitment tight lipped it's a testament to the people in his inner circle usually you hear something from a loose lipped person in the group. Not this time. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up ant any of the 4 finalist. No one knows where this kid is going

I cannot imagine why Zion would come to UNC and be forced to play team basketball for one season. Despite the fact that it would make him a better player. I expect he will go to UK or dook, although going to dook might limit his touches considering the other guys going there next year. Therefore my prediction is UK, and he gets the ball every possession.

I'm guessing he would have to share the ball at UK as well assuming they have another big recruiting class.

I'm guessing he would have to share the ball at UK as well assuming they have another big recruiting class.
You're probably right ... I just don't know as much about UK recruiting as I do about our hated rivals. Who knows? Maybe he wants to be part of a team ... and part of a family. If so ... we might see him in Carolina blue.
I think we will be a really good team next year ... with or without Zion.

Reactions: Archer2

Personally, I’ve always thought it’d be UK as well. The OAD factory school and the drake connection just might win out.

It’s funny I know the nba and NCAA has changed but we have been putting kids in the pros early since the 1970’s. Dook had their first entry go pro early in 1999 and kensucky has one title in 2012. Plus I firmly believe if Butter isn’t injured by Creighton we have another ring. Frankly, kensucky has two rings where we had the best team in 1998 and 2012. Utah.... man that pissed me off. My point is these kids think their only or best avenue is those two schools. It’s absurd

Zion will come to UNC to be link to Jordan Brand. He will be the new upcoming face behind Russell Westbrook.

My prediction. Lol

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
Heelswin,

In Zion's latest blog he says decision coming soon. Still confident in you prediction?

I will be checking with my source in the next several days ..... will let all know as soon as l confirm.

Happy New Year to all Tar Heels, incl Z!!!
Just wait and see!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT