ADVERTISEMENT

Recruitng class of 2016

Oh they absolutely matter. People who say they don't are fans of schools that don't recruit well.

Sure, an individual guy may be under- or overrated, but as a whole, the star power of your class is a great predictor of success or lack thereof.

True but one thing I've noted is that we seem to recruit 3-star guys that play like 4-5 star guys. Take Schwitzer. He was 3-star, right? Maybe the best kick returner in the nation and a very good receiver. Marquise played like one of the best QBs in the nation and he was actually. I think Mitch will do the same or better.

Some of our best players were walk-ons.

It's not just stars but talent assessment and coaching/teaching the game and player development.

True but one thing I've noted is that we seem to recruit 3-star guys that play like 4-5 star guys. Take Schwitzer. He was 3-star, right? Maybe the best kick returner in the nation and a very good receiver. Marquise played like one of the best QBs in the nation and he was actually. I think Mitch will do the same or better.

Some of our best players were walk-ons.

It's not just stars but talent assessment and coaching/teaching the game and player development.
Marquise was a 4* Mitch a 4* , Switzer was a high 3*. Elite teams get elite players check out Clemson , FSU , Bama and Ohio Sate they are up there at the top and all recently won or played for an NC. We won't be at that level until we are able to recruit more 4* players.especially the one's in our own state , we have to get the Dexter Lawrences , Landon Dickersons and Shy Tuttles in this state until then our realistic goal is win the division and go to the ACC championship games as an underdog.

Once they showed him how cleverly the money would be laundered it was hard to resist. as we have seen in the past, auburn is the master of this.
I doubt they even bothered to launder it. SEC/ESPN hands off.

We are talking about AUBURN. Don't be naive , the history is there.

I grew up in ala. my dad is an auburn alum. I have two cousins currently attending and a bro in law alum that played fb for them. I wager i know more about auburn athletics than u or anyone in here. I actually dislike them ftmp but U dont know jack about them just as auburn fans dont know jack about unc af am scandal.

I grew up in ala. my dad is an auburn alum. I have two cousins currently attending and a bro in law alum that played fb for them. I wager i know more about auburn athletics than u or anyone in here. I actually dislike them ftmp but U dont know jack about them just as auburn fans dont know jack about unc af am scandal.
You Don't know jack about what I know! Now come back with some remark about doing my mother like you usually do.

You Don't know jack about what I know! Now come back with some remark about doing my mother like you usually do.

Dude i've never even talked with u. Wtf r u blabbering about?

If u have some FACTS feel free to share. What connections do u have to auburn athletics?

58 calm down bro....We are good with this class and 2017 is building...Just to be in the final 2 was something...We coming Man...

Kills me how pissed everyone gets when rival fans irresponsibly run their ignorant mouths about our ncaa issues and claim banners are coming down and wins will be vacated, yet they turn around and make idiotic unfounded and unproven accusations about other schools every time they get a recruit we were after. Show some class.

Kills me how pissed everyone gets when rival fans irresponsibly run their ignorant mouths about our ncaa issues and claim banners are coming down and wins will be vacated, yet they turn around and make idiotic unfounded and unproven accusations about other schools every time they get a recruit we were after. Show some class.
Seriously. Can this post be pinned? ****ing embarrassing. Y'all sound like IC crybabies. Auburn's played for two natty's in the past 7 years. We've never played for one. We missed on an elite recruit -- happens every year. Get a GD grip.

ETA: Seriously, go to a game at Jordan-Hare, then look at the schedule they get to play every year, then go to a game in Kenan and look at our schedule. Tell me which one you'd pick. I'll wait.

At the end of the day I really think that he made the right choice...I wish him luck on his QB and his future...3 years from now we will see....

Marquise was a 4* Mitch a 4* , Switzer was a high 3*. Elite teams get elite players check out Clemson , FSU , Bama and Ohio Sate they are up there at the top and all recently won or played for an NC. We won't be at that level until we are able to recruit more 4* players.especially the one's in our own state , we have to get the Dexter Lawrences , Landon Dickersons and Shy Tuttles in this state until then our realistic goal is win the division and go to the ACC championship games as an underdog.

58 I feel you...You know what I just bought Season Tickets and now looking for tickets to the opening game in ATL....Change the Culture bro...FED has been talking about it since day 1....I am all in........

Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
Dude i've never even talked with u. Wtf r u blabbering about?

If u have some FACTS feel free to share. What connections do u have to auburn athletics?
"ACC stands behind fair catch signal thread". about page 9 to refresh your memory.

We are getting some of them and have 4 star commitments already for 2017. Hood, I think, was actually 5-star, at least in some ratings. And we have some other quality 4-star guys on the roster. Jalen Dalton was a high 4-star, and Strowbridge was 4-star. We have more 4-star talent than some seem to think, but I hear ya, we aren't getting as high as rating overall as Clemson, FL State and Alabama. But at the same time, it seems a lot of guys that are 3-star turned out to be just as good, including some not even 3 stars and came on as walk-ons.

Nah Jones was our best D-lineman last year, and he was 3 star.

Seriously. Can this post be pinned? ****ing embarrassing. Y'all sound like IC crybabies. Auburn's played for two natty's in the past 7 years. We've never played for one. We missed on an elite recruit -- happens every year. Get a GD grip.

ETA: Seriously, go to a game at Jordan-Hare, then look at the schedule they get to play every year, then go to a game in Kenan and look at our schedule. Tell me which one you'd pick. I'll wait.
You mean the one that included San Jose State , Idaho and Jacksonville State? You do remember the Cam Newton saga right? It's a whole different culture in the SEC when it comes to ways of winning this isn't news to anybody.

Alabama 6th top rated recruiting class in a row and 3 of the last 6 NC's , would seem to be a trend.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT