ADVERTISEMENT

Respect to UNC

Jul 31, 2005
First off, I'm a UK fan, but this post isn't about last nights game.

Last year I was down in North Carolina for work, and decided to visit Duke's campus to see Cameron and UNC's campus to see the Dean Dome.

First I went to Cameron and it is a really cool looking building even though it's small. Actually all of the buildings there are really cool looking gothic style buildings, anyways, the people there were so unfriendly it was shocking! I smiled and said hello to every person I encountered and not one person even acknowledged me.

After that I visited UNC's campus and Chapel Hill is a really nice place! The arena is big, much like Rupp, but there's nothing that sticks out about it. Anyways, the people there were SO nice!! Very down to earth and friendly. I chatted and talked basketball with several people and they are very much like my friends here in Kentucky.

After that visit, my dislike for UNC really lessened, and my hatred for DUKE really intensified!!

So yeah, respect to UNC and F#@K dUKe!!!!

Last year I was down in North Carolina for work, and decided to visit Duke's campus to see Cameron and UNC's campus to see the Dean Dome.

First I went to Cameron and it is a really cool looking building even though it's small. Actually all of the buildings there are really cool looking gothic style buildings, anyways, the people there were so unfriendly it was shocking! I smiled and said hello to every person I encountered and not one person even acknowledged me.

After that I visited UNC's campus and Chapel Hill is a really nice place! The arena is big, much like Rupp, but there's nothing that sticks out about it. Anyways, the people there were SO nice!! Very down to earth and friendly. I chatted and talked basketball with several people and they are very much like my friends here in Kentucky.

After that visit, my dislike for UNC really lessened, and my hatred for DUKE really intensified!!

Good post. Kansas was always my second team when Roy was there, and I never even felt a rivalry at that time. I always felt that if I was NOT a fan of Carolina, I would have been a fan of KU or UK. I Think both of those fan bases are very similar to the Carolina fan base. I would NEVER be a fan of Dook, and now KU has soured on me as well because Bill Self is the biggest cheater College basketball has seen in years.

I HATE Kensucky! LOL

OK, so like that hate I have for them is the sports rivalry type of thing, it isn't real hate for Ky fans, how can I hate a Ky fan when they love their program just as much as I love ours. There is really only 1 other program that I can enjoy a last second dagger from UNC to win the game more than Ky, that of course is duke. Yet I have met MANY Ky fans over the years, individually, actually, some of the nicest folks and most enjoyable folks I have ever chatted with face to face.

But still, I HATE KY and their Kitty Kats!!! I hope we play them again this season!!!

I HATE Kensucky! LOL

OK, so like that hate I have for them is the sports rivalry type of thing, it isn't real hate for Ky fans, how can I hate a Ky fan when they love their program just as much as I love ours. There is really only 1 other program that I can enjoy a last second dagger from UNC to win the game more than Ky, that of course is duke. Yet I have met MANY Ky fans over the years, individually, actually, some of the nicest folks and most enjoyable folks I have ever chatted with face to face.

But still, I HATE KY and their Kitty Kats!!! I hope we play them again this season!!!
hard to completely hate a fan base that features a good-looking female celeb with a clothing-optional tendency. But even if dook had a naked Kate Beckinsale defending the jump circle at Cameron Indoor Outhouse, it wouldn't temper my hate one bit. I'd probably have to look though.

MY hate for Kentuck stems from the slimy head coach and so does my extreme dislike of Kansas. I have no real hatred for the fanbase unless they are here talking junk! Lately, a different breed of UK fan has visited and I am slowly fighting the pettiness in my soul in response to their class!

If you play puke, beat the doors off of them!

Reactions: Heels5150
MY hate for Kentuck stems from the slimy head coach and so does my extreme dislike of Kansas. I have no real hatred for the fanbase unless they are here talking junk! Lately, a different breed of UK fan has visited and I am slowly fighting the pettiness in my soul in response to their class!

If you play puke, beat the doors off of them!
Honestly, you know that if you're a born and bred fan of a team, you're gonna root for them...That's just how it is.

When you take the fandom out of the equation, I'm sure that the majority of every fan base has some fine folks, EXCEPT DUKE.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT