ADVERTISEMENT

Rodon on Short Rest vs. Who???

Tedy_78

Senior
Jan 8, 2007
The two biggest questions here is, Does State start Carlos Rodon on short rest (how effective will he be), and who do we start vs. The Pack. I say we start our second hottest hand, Thornton is obviously our hottest but he wont be ready. We need to start our next guy that can just get solid outs and can control the strike zone.

Its not Benton Moss, because he has great stuff to strike guys out with, but the strike zone here at the CWS has not been very generous at times for pitcher, and while his stuff can be nasty he doesn't have the best control of it at times and in an elimination game we can't have that.

Kent Emmanuel plain and simple, NO not because he's not a good pitcher but because he needs to rest his arm and just get his confidence in his arm back, he's pitched way too many innings since May and he needs all the rest he can get for our next two games vs. UCLA. (Yes I Know were gonna beat MooU)

I dont wanna go through and break down every single starter or pitcher for the Heels, but who does everyone think we should start, and do you think Moo U will start Rodon or go with someone else?? Im almost positive it'll be Rodon.

Out of all the pitchers, I believe in Hobbs Johnson the most, if he can get settled in early and find the strike zone out in the first two innings, we can ride him till the 6th or 7th. The bats just have to be going against State, and with Rodon on short rest the best thing we can do is be patient, and work up the pitch count early, get him within 40 to 50 pitches by the 4th and thats when he's gonna wear down. GO HEELS!

I think it is Rodent vs. Johnson. Johnson has had success against MOOU so I think you go with him.

5h
The Tar Heels will start LHP Hobbs Johnson Thursday night against NC State #CWS

heelman, I agree that UCLA has their pitching lined up but I for one would not be scared to face anyone in their lineup offensively. Not 1 starter over .300. If UNC gets past Pack tomorrow without totally wasting our staff then I for one feel good
about our chances.

Originally posted by ohio tarheels:

heelman, I agree that UCLA has their pitching lined up but I for one would not be scared to face anyone in their lineup offensively. Not 1 starter over .300. If UNC gets past Pack tomorrow without totally wasting our staff then I for one feel good about our chances.
It would be an interesting matchup for sure. They're obviously not a good offensive team but can pitch and play defense. Saw a stat regarding the number of 2-1 games they have won this season...15 of them, maybe? Crazy stuff.

In any case, let's just worry about the Wolpfack first. One game at a time.

I can't see leaving a force like Rodon on the bench for an elimination game!! You gotta be kidding, save him for what? Pitch him tomorrow and maybe you get to pitch him twice to advance. Rest him tomorrow you only get one game out of him guaranteed. Maybe I'm missing something but I think Rodon is a given.

Originally posted by theelblue:

I think it is Rodent vs. Johnson. Johnson has had success against MOOU so I think you go with him.
Don't want to say it, but I will. Told ya!
laugh.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT