ADVERTISEMENT

Roy saw Zion last week

Dadika: Steat, you can't lie. Where is Zion committing to?

Steat: Uh, hmm, well, uh...I don't know where he's not going

Dadika: You're telling me you don't know where Zion is committing?

Steat: It wouldn't be inaccurate to assume that I couldn't exactly not say that it is or isn't almost partially incorrect to say Zion is going to Clemson or UNC or KY

Dadika: So you DO know where is committing?

Steat: Oh, on the contrary. I'm possibly more or less not definitely rejecting the idea that in no way with with any amount of uncertainty that I undeniably

Dadika: Stop It!!

Steat: do or do not know where he shouldn't probably commit, if that indeed wasn't where he isn't committing. Even if he wasn't committing to where I knew he was, that'd mean I'd really have to know where he wasn't committing.

Steat: It wouldn't be inaccurate to assume that I couldn't exactly not say that it is or isn't almost partially incorrect to say Zion is going to Clemson or UNC or KY

Steat: Oh, on the contrary. I'm possibly more or less not definitely rejecting the idea that in no way with with any amount of uncertainty that I undeniably

Steat: do or do not know where he shouldn't probably commit, if that indeed wasn't where he isn't committing. Even if he wasn't committing to where I knew he was, that'd mean I'd really have to know where he wasn't committing.
Dude respect... Everybody and their mama has tried to memorize those lines from shrek

I don't get the reference. Is it Shrek? I've seen Shrek, I don't remember this. HELP!

Reactions: goheels653
At Clemson, Zion is not anywhere close to BMOC status. He is 8th, 9th, 10th man down the totem pole behind a whole bunch of football players. All those cute cheerleaders and co-eds (yes, Clemson has some very cute co-eds) - poor Zion will have to fight for a place at that table.

@Heelswin ‘s confidence in zion in spite of any intel to support it reminds me of another poster’s (wtz) confidence in getting andrew wiggins. In fact, their language and posting styles are identical as well. Weird.

@Heelswin ‘s confidence in zion in spite of any intel to support it reminds me of another poster’s (wtz) confidence in getting andrew wiggins. In fact, their language and posting styles are identical as well. Weird.

Did WTZ give himself the self ban over that wrong prediction?

Funny! I only know one group of people who don't want to hear Harrison Barnes' name mentioned. It seems like an odd thing for a Heels fan to say.

Oh good Lord, I didn't mean it like that. I loved it when Harrison chose us over the dookies. What I'm driving at, is I'm sick of people using it as an example of how we could still possibly win a high profile recruitment, when he was literally the last time that happened. Almost 8 years ago now. So you'll pardon me, if the Harrison Barnes example doesn't exactly convince me anymore.

Oh good Lord, I didn't mean it like that. I loved it when Harrison chose us over the dookies. What I'm driving at, is I'm sick of people using it as an example of how we could still possibly win a high profile recruitment, when he was literally the last time that happened. Almost 8 years ago now. So you'll pardon me, if the Harrison Barnes example doesn't exactly convince me anymore.
Nassir was pretty big time. Granted he wasn't seriously considering UK or dook, but we haven't exactly been beating Arizona for recruits either. Their scandal happened, but that should be a motivating factor going forward too.

For the record, I don't think we're getting Zion. Just pointing out we already have a high-profile recruit on board.

At Clemson, Zion is not anywhere close to BMOC status. He is 8th, 9th, 10th man down the totem pole behind a whole bunch of football players. All those cute cheerleaders and co-eds (yes, Clemson has some very cute co-eds) - poor Zion will have to fight for a place at that table.
I think a guy who is fairly likely to make $100+ million in the NBA while still in his twenties will do just fine with the ladies wherever he goes. Certainly better than whoever the 8th best player on Clemson's football team is.

Really doubt that means anything.

You might be thinking that UNC doesn't tend to be the pick for announcements on ESPN - and that's true. But that's because we don't tend to be the pick for elite prospects, and prospects who announce on ESPN tend to be elite.
Same reason why I don't think it means UK or dook are more likely.

Really doubt that means anything.

You might be thinking that UNC doesn't tend to be the pick for announcements on ESPN - and that's true. But that's because we don't tend to be the pick for elite prospects, and prospects who announce on ESPN tend to be elite.
Can't argue with this because it's true.

Zion announces tomorrow and coach is visiting today. Seems coach knows theres a chance.
I agree.

...and so do the coaches of SC, Clemson, and Duke.
I agree here as well. I think all 4 coaches still feel they're in the running.

Reactions: gauchoheel
I remember visiting Chapel Hill once and being awestruck at how beautiful the women were. You can imagine that made an impression on a 13 year old haha.

I agree. With college game day at Rupp for the UK-Florida game & Zion’s announcement right before tip off. This smells like a UK announcement all the way.

Not going to be Kentucky or dook. Will be UNC, little Carolina, or Clemson.

I noticed that both IC and THI have been running zion articles all week. In the past with recruits we legitimately didnt have any shot whatsoever with this wasnt the case. Not saying at all that we will get him, but just pointing out that in the past this has been an indication that unc does have a shot.

Reactions: Ozheelfan
Zion announces tomorrow and coach is visiting today. Seems coach knows theres a chance.

Maybe, but it may be an opportunity to pick ZW's mind to see which school will be the pick.
If it is not UNC, Coach can go ahead and approach the "second" choice. Before anyone else does.
KInda' like poker.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
I agree with another poster. I believe it's us, klemson or little carolina. I don't believe the pull to stay in state is as strong as it may have been previously. I think he can see how he fits into Luke Mays position and can thrive. Opportunity to handle the ball, score, rebound etc. He could be position-less in our system. And it can only be a plus to play with his close friend Naz.

Random thought - I wonder if our current lineup would've helped our pitch to Shittu. Because he'd've stepped very naturally into Theo's role, just with more size (not as good of a facilitator, but still some ability).

I kinda doubt it, but who knows?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT