ADVERTISEMENT

Several NCAA assistant basketball coaches arrested

Oh god off topic but I forgot about manziel now that you mention it haha. Boy espn did their best to make him the next johnny unitis no matter how much coke he snorted. The "morality" is a bit askew these days.

Reactions: trestyles
No he wasn't, PJ could have come back and played a year later, he elected not to.
So then here is the quote from our athletic director himself...
Unfortunately P.J. made a number of mistakes that placed his eligibility at risk and the university's joint review with the NCAA made it clear that seeking reinstatement for P.J. would not be possible," North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham said in a statement. "The university thanks him for his contributions to Carolina Basketball."

Also keep an eye on LSU basketball. They're recruiting way over their head. Naz Reid 5 star PF from New Jersey just recently committed to LSU. Guess what the other finalist was Arizona. Yeah a big time high school kid from New Jersey just dreams of playing basketball in the Bayou. Also rumored to be leading for Darius Days. Like I said when highly regarded prospects start going to unusual places something is up. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure this stuff out but the NCAA looks really bad in all of this. Nobody can tell me they didn't know. They turned a blind eye to the pay for play scandal. The NCAA is in the business of making money and we all know they were too busy investigating Carolina for the last decade about a African American studies major meanwhile cleared Bagley in less then a month and Johnny Manziel in less then a week.
LSU should indeed be a prime target.

ironic that the cleanest OAD last year is very likely Lonzo Ball. And UNC is probably the cleanest major program in the midst of this

This stuff is just too good... I mean we've only seen the surface scraped and there is so many layers to the corruption. I love seeing the corrupt exposed.

Reactions: gary-7
Trust me. Nobody should be taking pleasure at the trouble others are experiencing at the onset of this thing. This is only the beginning, and it will get ugly. More widespread than anyone could dream. Has been for years.

Reactions: Archer2
I certainly don't take delight in seeing confirmation of what I strongly suspected had been going on for years. Love of money ruined pro sports for me and it is now ruining college sports as well. Very sad.

But the corruption needs to be exposed so let the chips fall where they may, even if it involves UNC.

Brother, let us just hope it makes it to the right places, i.e., the rotten cores festering in Lexington, Lawrence and Durham.

Yep. That's why I'm cautiously happy about all of this happening. I truly believe we run a clean program and all of our misses on OAD's will be seen as a blessing in disguise all these years.

Reactions: gary-7
Trust me. Nobody should be taking pleasure at the trouble others are experiencing at the onset of this thing. This is only the beginning, and it will get ugly. More widespread than anyone could dream. Has been for years.

exactly...people are already forgetting about that tweet in da club.

Going to get deeper, and wider, in scope. In a year it wouldn't surprise me if the kids are playing in Sketchers. Anyone who thinks that Nike and Under Armor, are not just as guilty aren't living in the current basketball world. This stuff is exactly what drove Gary Williams to retire at Maryland. He refused to deal with the AAU folks and the program started to slip.

Reactions: bax4444 and Sk1310
Marcus Paige tweeted he is predicting UNC back in the final four. With all this craziness going down, I think he is saying some big time contenders are about to take a big hit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT