ADVERTISEMENT

Sexual Harassment

I dunno what exactly Louis C.K. did, but according to this sex therapist, what he did was not sexual misconduct:

He jerked off in front of women...dunno what the hell you’d call that if not harassment.
Well, if you listen to what she said, you might understand it better.

If they CONSENTED TO IT, then it's not harassment. He was, apparently, asking them, not forcing them. The woman in the video made some great points.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
"[Women]...felt pressured to take short maternity leaves in order to protect their positions."

You mean they felt like they'd be at a disadvantage if they took 6 months off from their job and their male counterparts didn't? Strange.
I wonder if ESPN has paternity leave? I have it at my job and I've seen where other companies in my industry have it as well. If they do, I think that would give their claim less validity. I'm not saying that they still didn't feel that way, but once the inevitable lawsuit is filed that would hurt their claim in court.

If they CONSENTED TO IT, then it's not harassment. He was, apparently, asking them, not forcing them. The woman in the video made some great points.

Agreed, but in the current trend of guilty until proven innocent, once allegations come out against someone - they're branded a sexual harrasser regardless of whether they did it, or the extent to which they did it.

Reactions: tarheel0910
I wonder if ESPN has paternity leave? I have it at my job and I've seen where other companies in my industry have it as well. If they do, I think that would give their claim less validity. I'm not saying that they still didn't feel that way, but once the inevitable lawsuit is filed that would hurt their claim in court.

I wonder that as well. I also wonder why paternity leave isn't as universal, and as long, as maternity leave. You'd think equality would be equality.

Agreed, but in the current trend of guilty until proven innocent, once allegations come out against someone - they're branded a sexual harrasser regardless of whether they did it, or the extent to which they did it.
Yeah, and that isn't really helping the situation. I believe that is what motivated this woman to make the video. She crushed it with a few points: "What if it had been a woman that asked a man to do that?", "What if LCK had been better looking?" That second question stings because it implies that LCK isn't universally attractive! Nevertheless, consent is the most vital factor here, when these things occur.

Fair enough. For the record I didn’t have time to watch the video yet I was at work.

So I think the worst part of this whole thing, other than the actual harassment, is this faux outrage by people and companies. The purpose of Miss America is to decide who looks the best in a bathing suit. How can anyone be shocked they've said some sexist things? Anyone who has any sense knew this stuff was going on, but they supported it regardless.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...ing-fat-shaming-winners-over-email/975665001/

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT