ADVERTISEMENT

State Dept and CIA IGs Recommend Criminal Probe of HRC...

Yes, and I choose to use it as my Prime Standard and apply it to my life. God gave us all the good sense to read it for ourselves and apply it. You choose to not read most of it and you choose to ignore the plain language for those parts you have ever bothered to read. Indeed, you try to pick it apart every chance you get. Which would be fine, except that you believe anyone who uses a literal interpretation of the Bible is stuck on their religion. For the record, I am not tied to any particular sect or denomination at all. I don't need the Catholic church or the Baptist church or Methodist or whoever else's interpretation of the Bible to tell me what I can plainly read and apply myself. Of course, you already know that.
That statement would be great... if you didn't hold those who disagree with you as being inferior and a threat to you.

That statement would be great... if you didn't hold those who disagree with you as being inferior and a threat to you.
I don't hold you to be inferior or a threat to me. I believe you are in grave error. Look up the term "Nicolaitian" and read the accounts of Balak and Balaam in Numbers 22-25. Let me know if that applies to you at all.

I don't hold you to be inferior or a threat to me. I believe you are in grave error. Look up the term "Nicolaitian" and read the accounts of Balak and Balaam in Numbers 22-25. Let me know if that applies to you at all.
Okay... read 22-25. I can, without a doubt say that none of that applies to me. I'm not asking you to bless or curse the Israelites. I'm not making 7 altars with bulls and rams. I'm not sure who is supposed to who in your attempt at a metaphor. If it's metaphoric, then it's not literal.

As far as being a "Nicolaitan", I've never been to Pergamos or Ephesus. I don't even know where those places are or were. More metaphor, or are you remaining literal? I can never tell.

Okay... read 22-25. I can, without a doubt say that none of that applies to me. I'm not asking you to bless or curse the Israelites. I'm not making 7 altars with bulls and rams. I'm not sure who is supposed to who in your attempt at a metaphor. If it's metaphoric, then it's not literal.

As far as being a "Nicolaitan", I've never been to Pergamos or Ephesus. I don't even know where those places are or were. More metaphor, or are you remaining literal? I can never tell.

You may want to re-read Numbers 22-25 again. What did Balaam do that made an angel want to kill him?

What are Nicolaitians? Some effort would be required on your part to answer this question. Then, once you know who they are, you can determine if you can relate to them and why Jesus hates them.

You may want to re-read Numbers 22-25 again. What did Balaam do that made an angel want to kill him?

What are Nicolaitians? Some effort would be required on your part to answer this question. Then, once you know who they are, you can determine if you can relate to them and why Jesus hates them.
Jesus doesn't "hate" me, so I guess I'm not. I think I had about all I could handle of the Numbers story the first time.

Do you wear clothes made of two different materials?

Jesus doesn't "hate" me, so I guess I'm not. I think I had about all I could handle of the Numbers story the first time.

Do you wear clothes made of two different materials?
So, your mind is so twisted it can't even extract one simple lesson from a brief section of the Bible. Nor can you conduct rudimentary checks on a group identified in the Bible to determine why Jesus hates them. If you can't do that, then I don't feel compelled to answer your question.

So, your mind is so twisted it can't even extract one simple lesson from a brief section of the Bible. Nor can you conduct rudimentary checks on a group identified in the Bible to determine why Jesus hates them. If you can't do that, then I don't feel compelled to answer your question.
I already know the answer.

I also know Jesus doesn't hate me.But, I don't mind if you believe He hates me.

Go ahead and get the last word, so you an feel like you've won. I'm done here.

Last edited:
I already know the answer.

I also know Jesus doesn't hate me.But, I don't mind if you believe He hates me.

Go ahead and get the last word, so you an feel like you've won. I'm done here.
I don't believe Jesus hates you either. I was trying to get you to understand the lessons of Balak and Balaam and to understand why Jesus hates Nicolaitians. The fact that you simply refuse to look into speaks volumes.

I don't believe Jesus hates you either. I was trying to get you to understand the lessons of Balak and Balaam and to understand why Jesus hates Nicolaitians. The fact that you simply refuse to look into speaks volumes.
I read it. I even looked up Nicolaitans. I read both. I hope that speaks even more volumes.

Thought you were "done here" Strum? Obviously not since you come back in.

Does it really matter . . ?

You were MIA for 5+ years on OOTB and you wandered back in . . did you and former finally get a divorce . . ?

What kind of loony toon actually believes that you can't be a moral person without religion? Much less their specific religion...

What do you define as moral?

Morality is simply defined as the dis-junction between right and wrong. Moral behavior is a vital component to human solidarity, which allows us to prosper in large social groups. Which means it is more than adequately explained by evolution.

You would have to be truly crazy to believe that human beings only have had morality for the past 2000 or so odd years since Christianity has become an established religion. Our species would've never made it anywhere near that far without a sense of morality

Morality is simply defined as the dis-junction between right and wrong. Moral behavior is a vital component to human solidarity, which allows us to prosper in large social groups. Which means it is more than adequately explained by evolution.

You would have to be truly crazy to believe that human beings only have had morality for the past 2000 or so odd years since Christianity has become an established religion. Our species would've never made it anywhere near that far without a sense of morality
How do you know what's moral and immoral?

snake-eating-itself.jpg

Reactions: BillyL
Its not really that difficult to assess whether or not something is hurting other people. Maybe you need a bible to figure that out but the rest of us dont.

Its not really that difficult to assess whether or not something is hurting other people. Maybe you need a bible to figure that out but the rest of us dont.
I'm just interested to know where your starting point is with regard to "whether or not something is hurting other people..." So, your standard is if "something is hurting other people." Is that your final answer?

Last edited:
I'm just interested to know where your starting point is with regard to "whether or not something is hurting other people..." So, your standard is if "something is hurting other people." Is that your final answer?

Pretty much. Live and let live.

Does it really matter . . ?

You were MIA for 5+ years on OOTB and you wandered back in . . did you and former finally get a divorce . . ?

I know you libs need help with things so here goes. When he said he was "done here" it was regarding this long thread, then he comes back quickly to defend his silly position. If you say something then mean it. This has nothing to do with me.

I know you libs need help with things so here goes. When he said he was "done here" it was regarding this long thread, then he comes back quickly to defend his silly position. If you say something then mean it. This has nothing to do with me.

It doesn't matter, you're either a full-time OOTBer or not. You quit.

;

And it is a dirt road because there is not much travel. You are way out there boy.
Road less traveled... I like it.

It's really interesting how my way, my choice, and my path is so threatening to you and people like Nuk. And, to claim or insist I have no standards? I have no morals? I have no right and wrong? That's so arrogant. Not to mention, just flat-out false. First of all, all of those things are basically things people make up throughout our existence. They are all human inventions and subject to human reactions to certain circumstances and events, behaviors and ever-changing beliefs. They are ALL constantly, perpetually in flux and evolving... ALL, THE, TIME! I realize people like you are resistant to change. It's human nature to do that, too. But, resisting it is like trying to kick waves back into the ocean. That change is coming. Morals and "right and wrong" are really just illusions. It boils-down to "What works" and "what doesn't work."

Prayer and meditation help me stay on course. God doesn't rebuke or ignore me because I happen to not follow a certain ancient religion. God is all around, all the time, and always with me (and you).

Last edited:
And it is a dirt road because there is not much travel. You are way out there boy.

First you quote strum in an attempt to insult me... Yikes.

And if you think the philosophy of live and let live, or however you want to phrase it, is "way out there" then that says more about you than it does about me.

First you quote strum in an attempt to insult me... Yikes.

And if you think the philosophy of live and let live, or however you want to phrase it, is "way out there" then that says more about you than it does about me.
I think he meant me, too! It's way out to anyone when you appear to color outside the lines. The end result- live and let live- scares a lot of people. People are fed almost a constant diet of "compete with your fellow human beings" from birth. There's always "never enough" and there's always some obligation to please the church, the government, or "God" (who is in the guise of the Church an Government). God needs nothing. God is all of us and life itself.

UNCboy, I think you'd get a lot out of listening to Neal Donald Walsch's "Conversations With God" audio books on You Tube. I've always felt like the old religions left me with a sense of "this is it? Obey the church and get God's eternal member's only pass to some alleged Paradise... or burn forever? Someone is pulling my chain here!" First, I checked out a guy named Joseph Campbell. That led me to Neal Walsch. They don't push religion on you at all. They try and offer a more sophisticated, contemporary, logical approach to understanding "God." It's been a huge impact in me. It doesn't cast the ancient religious texts as bad, or wrong, or anything. it just expands on the understanding they were trying to offer centuries ago. It's great stuff. And, as I said before, you DO believe in God. It's not the "if" it's the "how." God doesn't even need a name. No more than mountains, or rivers, or oceans need names (or anything else). The need for identification through words is also a human thing.

If you can take the time, listen to these.

5 parts

Last edited:
What is the objective basis for your position.

People have what is known as "a conscience." They have "a gut feeling." they have "intuition." They have interaction with others as well.

Here's the thing; GOD IS IN US ALL! God is always in us, all the time. We all have God... every, single, one of us! Regardless of our language, our skin color, our location on the map, what the name of the building we worship in is called, skinny, fat, tall, short, male, female... GOD IS IN ALL OF US! We have our "standard" by that constant. No one lacks God. it is impossible to lack God. God is us, and we are God. I don't need any ancient text to say that for me to KNOW THAT! But, the ancient texts say it, too, so it's cool!

You can refuse to accept that. But, your refusal makes it no less true and abundantly clear to me.

Last edited:
Road less traveled... I like it.

It's really interesting how my way, my choice, and my path is so threatening to you and people like Nuk. And, to claim or insist I have no standards? I have no morals? I have no right and wrong? That's so arrogant. Not to mention, just flat-out false. First of all, all of those things are basically things people make up throughout our existence. They are all human inventions and subject to human reactions to certain circumstances and events, behaviors and ever-changing beliefs. They are ALL constantly, perpetually in flux and evolving... ALL, THE, TIME! I realize people like you are resistant to change. It's human nature to do that, too. But, resisting it is like trying to kick waves back into the ocean. That change is coming. Morals and "right and wrong" are really just illusions. It boils-down to "What works" and "what doesn't work."

Prayer and meditation help me stay on course. God doesn't rebuke or ignore me because I happen to not follow a certain ancient religion. God is all around, all the time, and always with me (and you).

After all that drivel, it all boils down to one thing - You have NO standards. Who are you praying to? What are you praying for? On what basis can you rationally expect your prayers will be answered? If you have no PRIME STANDARD guiding you, it all BS. You will change with wind direction, what popular, what's cool for the dude that's too cool for school... Funny, really. But, I'm glad we smoked you on the issue of STANDARDS - you have none, you're proud of it, and you believe anyone who does have a STANDARD is stuck in a religious delusion. You are not unlike 'boy.

People have what is known as "a conscience." They have "a gut feeling." they have "intuition." They have interaction with others as well.

Here's the thing; GOD IS IN US ALL! God is always in us, all the time. We all have God... every, single, one of us! Regardless of our language, our skin color, our location on the map, what the name of the building we worship in is called, skinny, fat, tall, short, male, female... GOD IS IN ALL OF US! We have our "standard" by that constant. No one lacks God. it is impossible to lack God. God is us, and we are God. I don't need any ancient text to say that for me to KNOW THAT!

You can refuse to accept that. But, your refusal makes it no less true and abundantly clear to me.
So, where did you get this notion that GOD is in all of us (which, I don't disagree with, OBTW)?

After all that drivel, it all boils down to one thing - You have NO standards. Who are you praying to? What are you praying for? On what basis can you rationally expect your prayers will be answered? If you have no PRIME STANDARD guiding you, it all BS. You will change with wind direction, what popular, what's cool for the dude that's too cool for school... Funny, really. But, I'm glad we smoked you on the issue of STANDARDS - you have none, you're proud of it, and you believe anyone who does have a STANDARD is stuck in a religious delusion. You are not unlike 'boy.

Ah this is the problem right here. You equate moral standards with praying or having something to pray to...

We don't all need a sadomasochistic relationship with the bearded man in the sky to be morally just human beings.

Ah this is the problem right here. You equate moral standards with praying or having something to pray to...

We don't all need a sadomasochistic relationship with the bearded man in the sky to be morally just human beings.
Thank you!

You're also right. God is not a bearded man in the sky. That is really "how" many religious people, through their references, ancient interpretations, and adherence to the language, are allowing themselves to understand God. They understand God as someone understood the earth to be flat. It's an obsolete understanding. But... God is still real, still there, and always will be. The "HOW" we believe is just evolving, not the "IF" we believe. The conflict comes in those who cling to the old way that doesn't work, and those who are looking for a better way that will work. Beliefs result in behavior, not the other way around.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT