ADVERTISEMENT

State Dept and CIA IGs Recommend Criminal Probe of HRC...

Thank you!

You're also right. God is not a bearded man in the sky. That is really "how" many religious people, through their references, ancient interpretations, and adherence to the language, are allowing themselves to understand God. They understand God as someone understood the earth to be flat. It's an obsolete understanding. But... God is still real, still there, and always will be. The "HOW" we believe is just evolving, not the "IF" we believe. The conflict comes in those who cling to the old way that doesn't work, and those who are looking for a better way that will work. Beliefs result in behavior, not the other way around.
So, I guess you never learned anything from Balak and Balaam, or why Christ hates the Nicolaitians...

So, where did you get this notion that GOD is in all of us (which, I don't disagree with, OBTW)?
I get it from the knowledge that God is in me! I know God is in me, in you, in every soul on this planet. No one is superior to the other, no one is inferior to the other.

The Golden Rule is ancient and the hardest for people to abide by even now. With all of their religions, their politics, their governments, they still cannot collectively abide by "Treat others as you would be treated." I believe that is the most important thing to remember, as a "standard." It's perfect. It needs no modification.

So, I guess you never learned anything from Balak and Balaam, or why Christ hates the Nicolaitians...
I don't believe Christ "hates" anyone or anything. I don't care what someone wrote down 1800 years ago, after having the story passed down for 200 years before that, in Greek and Aramaic! In fact, what they wrote down has been translated and retranslated so many times, that I have no true knowledge of what it actually said at the time! I know what is being said and done NOW!

You're a good guy at heart, Nuk. But, seriously, you're so immersed in fear and refusal to accept anything other than your rigid beliefs, it's pointless to debate you. You resist and feel threatened by anything and everything that is different from you. I hope you can find some peace and love and not all the fear that you obviously live with.

And, again, what YOU "learn from that" is not what everyone else "learns from it." Those are stories that people take their own, unique impression from, and it affects them, or it doesn't. I can read To Kill A Mockingbird and come away with a totally different message than you, or someone else. These things are not only capable of ONE message or ONE "truth." Truth is subjective! It's different for everyone! Right, wrong, moral, immoral, is all subjective to the person, the society, the circumstances and the whole balance of the world at any given time. History shows that to be abundantly clear. It's constantly shifting. It's constantly growing, constantly learning.

I don't believe Christ "hates" anyone or anything. I don't care what someone wrote down 1800 years ago, after having the story passed down for 200 years before that, in Greek and Aramaic! In fact, what they wrote down has been translated and retranslated so many times, that I have no true knowledge of what it actually said at the time! I know what is being said and done NOW!

You're a good guy at heart, Nuk. But, seriously, you're so immersed in fear and refusal to accept anything other than your rigid beliefs, it's pointless to debate you. You resist and feel threatened by anything and everything that is different from you. I hope you can find some peace and love and not all the fear that you obviously live with.

I believe in God's Word. That is not fear - exactly the opposite. It tells me that, as a believer, I have assurance of salvation, assurance of forgiveness, assurance of answered prayer, assurance that Jesus will be with me and I with Him long after time and space as we understand it fades away.

What I was trying to get you to understand from Balak and Balaam is that God expects us to follow his commands to the letter, not make it up as we go along. From Jesus' hatred for the Nicolaitians, I wanted you to understand the meaning of the term and that Christ hates an established church hierarchy where those in power dominate the laity through power of decree, often without applying the letter and/or intent of God's Word - this ruins Christian fellowship among believers and with Christ.

. From Jesus' hatred for the Nicolaitians, I wanted you to understand the meaning of the term and that Christ hates an established church hierarchy where those in power dominate the laity through power of decree, often without applying the letter and/or intent of God's Word - this ruins Christian fellowship among believers and with Christ.

That was much easier to understand. And, well said.

I don't like using the word "fear" in terms of my relationship with God. "Fear" has a very distinct meaning to me. I don't want to associate "Fear" with God. Reverence, or being humble... but, never FEAR. I wish I had a Greek person to directly translate Scripture sometimes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT