ADVERTISEMENT

Super Bowl LI

Listening to Atlanta sports radio...this is gold. It's a complete funeral.

They literally have the soft R&B beat in the background, apologizing to the fan out there who has a tough life and just, (sniff, sniff), needed this win to provide a little hope in life. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

They only got rid of the roman numerals for 50. They said they would bring them back after last year.

Oh, thanks. I actually thought it was funny when it was "XL" for 40. "Extra Large..." Of course I'm a Steelers fan, so it didn't hurt that they won.

I'm glad Atlanta gets to deal with wondering how they blew a 28-3 lead for the rest of their lives, but man it sucks being up here with the most annoying, arrogant fans on the face of the planet.

This could not have happened to a less deserving group of people.

Reactions: Blue2010
I'm glad Atlanta gets to deal with wondering how they blew a 28-3 lead for the rest of their lives, but man it sucks being up here with the most annoying, arrogant fans on the face of the planet.

This could not have happened to a less deserving group of people.

This is for all the joy they had at our expense one year ago. Karma's a bitch.

Listening to Atlanta sports radio...this is gold. It's a complete funeral.
Which station are you listening to? Don't listen to 92.9 because it's a bunch of yankees with no skin in the game.

What you need to do is stream 680 (www.680thefan.com) starting at 3:00 today when the Chuck and Chernoff show comes on. It's a really well-done show in general, but those two guys are both born and bred Atlantans and the infamous "day-after shows" are hilarious when they do them. They play sad breakup songs and just sound so defeated. You gotta check it out, even if for a few minutes.

Which station are you listening to? Don't listen to 92.9 because it's a bunch of yankees with no skin in the game.

What you need to do is stream 680 (www.680thefan.com) starting at 3:00 today when the Chuck and Chernoff show comes on. It's a really well-done show in general, but those two guys are both born and bred Atlantans and the infamous "day-after shows" are hilarious when they do them. They play sad breakup songs and just sound so defeated. You gotta check it out, even if for a few minutes.

Damn...thanks man, looking forward to it. Yea, I just googled "Atlanta Sports Radio" and it brought up The Game, so I clicked on it. "Hug It Out Monday".....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Long live Matty Tears.

Damn...thanks man, looking forward to it. Yea, I just googled "Atlanta Sports Radio" and it brought up The Game, so I clicked on it. "Hug It Out Monday".....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Long live Matty Tears.
The Game sucks. 680 is great. Like yeah, I hate the Falcons, but 680 does an amazing job covering the Falcons, Braves (who I love), Hawks, and UGA Football.

Is it terrible that I feel like this today?

giphy.gif

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010

Long live Matty Tears.

The "Hug it out Monday" is one of the laughingstocks of Boston Sports Radio today. The radio guys up here are going to town on that.

The "Hug it out Monday" is one of the laughingstocks of Boston Sports Radio today. The radio guys up here are going to town on that.

Not even Charlotte had "Hug It Out Monday" last year. There was Hoodie-gate with Cam's press conference, but man...karma is truly a bitch.

Ehhhh. Just focus on your great win. No need to take pot shots at Atlanta. Leave that to the folks who are fans of the other 28 teams who didn't get there.
I feel better as a Redskins fan today than any Falcons fan feels. To watch my team get there and choke-away the Super Bowl in an unprecedented fashion? I don't think I'd want that kind of legacy associated with my team. Reminds me of Buffalo losing 4 times in a row. That's hardly something people look back on fondly. I'm sure their first thought is: "Well, at least we got there."

The Falcons had a good season, but they immortalized it in a very unflattering way.

I feel better as a Redskins fan today than any Falcons fan feels. To watch my team get there and choke-away the Super Bowl in an unprecedented fashion? I don't think I'd want that kind of legacy associated with my team. Reminds me of Buffalo losing 4 times in a row. That's hardly something people look back on fondly. I'm sure their first thought is: "Well, at least we got there."

The Falcons had a good season, but they immortalized it in a very unflattering way.

Seriously, and the one thing I can take solace in, is that at least the Panthers didn't choke away a Super Bowl. And when we faced against Brady we didn't fold like a cheap tent. We hit em in the mouth and kept going right up to the bitter end.

Ehhhh. Just focus on your great win. No need to take pot shots at Atlanta. Leave that to the folks who are fans of the other 28 teams who didn't get there.

It was bringing their show full circle. A lot of their air time last week was focused on how crappy the fan base and atmosphere is there, so this was done to sort of put the exclamation point on that topic.

It was bringing their show full circle. A lot of their air time last week was focused on how crappy the fan base and atmosphere is there, so this was done to sort of put the exclamation point on that topic.

Yeah but if Falcons fans are fair weather and soft, Patriots fans are the opposite extreme. That's a crappy fan base but because everyone is so damn militant and arrogant. Some of my closest friends become absolute assholes when football comes up in the conversation.

I mean, I've heard like 500 calls today of people who are pretty devastated. It's just not a good look, IMO, when winners poke the loser (unless it's a rivalry). I don't see why Boston needs to do that.

I've had my fix. I've personally had the shittiest sports season of my entire life, and it's gratifying to be able to say that Carolina's SB loss was bad....Buuuuuuuut, it'll never be as bad as the largest choke job in NFL history.

This was therapeutic, for me.

I'm good now, though...carry on.

I've had my fix. I've personally had the shittiest sports season of my entire life, and it's gratifying to be able to say that Carolina's SB loss was bad....Buuuuuuuut, it'll never be as bad as the largest choke job in NFL history.

This was therapeutic, for me.

I'm good now, though...carry on.
Did you check out Chuck and Chernoff?? It's pitiful lol.

The first thing I thought of after last night, other than Tom Brady's brilliance, was 10-year-old me watching the 1996 World Series. After the Yankees steamrolled us in Atlanta after we won two straight in New York, I couldn't sleep for days. Atlanta is just snake-bitten. That's all there is to it. Hell, the only reason Atlanta has one title is Cleveland was more Atlanta than Atlanta was.

Did you check out Chuck and Chernoff?? It's pitiful lol.

Yea...the one caller saying "I had to explain to my 3 year old how we lost. It was heartbreaking."

I promise you, that 3 year old didn't give two shits.

They should be playing this today in Atlanta (and apparently Usher was in the building):

The first thing I thought of after last night, other than Tom Brady's brilliance, was 10-year-old me watching the 1996 World Series. After the Yankees steamrolled us in Atlanta after we won two straight in New York, I couldn't sleep for days. Atlanta is just snake-bitten. That's all there is to it. Hell, the only reason Atlanta has one title is Cleveland was more Atlanta than Atlanta was.

But they are apparently built on indian burial grounds. HAHAHA

Buckle up, bro. The Braves are World Series bound in 3-5 years

I mean, I've heard like 500 calls today of people who are pretty devastated. It's just not a good look, IMO, when winners poke the loser (unless it's a rivalry). I don't see why Boston needs to do that.

They certainly don't need to do that. But it is funny.

And they're not really poking the losers, they're merely letting them poke themselves and admiring from afar. I agree that if they were actively calling up the Atlanta radio shows to gloat, that would be in bad taste.

I agree. Boston has too many championships to play that bush league shit. Those fans should be used to winning, you know, the whole "act like you've been there before" thing. But people from the NE are by and large, assholes (sorry Hark, you're still my boy).

And I still don't get people being "devastated" over the loss of a sports team. The closest I ever got to devastated from the loss of one of my teams was the year of Aaron f*ckin Boone. And I wasn't "devastated" as much as I was "embarrassingly drunk". But I really had a fit that night. Took my shirt off in the bar and was kicked out of two different establishments and I was very lucky not to have my dome cracked by one of the bouncers. It was then that I said to myself, "sports are fun and all, but get a grip."

Metro Atlanta had bigger TV ratings for the Super Bowl than Metro Boston did last night. Just FYI.

If anyone wants to say Atlanta sucks as a sports town in terms of in-stadium attendance, then I'll hear that argument out. But Atlanta doesn't suck as a sports town, in general. It's just the city sucks and everyone lives as far from it as possible, so going to games gets difficult lol.

Reactions: tarheel0910
I've seen the same article 28039829 times. I know what they'll say without reading them. Look, I don't really have any love for this city. I like the Braves and I like the hot women, and that's about it. But I kinda treat it like a little brother. I can trash it all I want, but I don't like when others trash it haha.

I think the political and socioeconomic goings-on of the city put it at a disadvantage when it comes to sports. I could compose a whole long thing about it, but I'm too lazy to do so. I live here though. Just take my word for it that it isn't as bad of a sports city as the national media claims.

Reactions: tarheel0910
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT