ADVERTISEMENT

Tar Heels -vs- Bruins Game Thread (Game 1)

Raising Heel

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2008
A van down by the river
Good evening, ladies and germs.

Let's have everybody bring their positive mojo to tonight's game. I'm feeling pretty good. When the brackets came out, I said that UNC had the chance to have either USCjr or NCSUcks end their season, neither of which would have been acceptable. Well we've dodged both those bullets so now we're playing for fun.

wickliffe, I saw your thread about 2014 but refuse to respond to it on principle. I suggest everyone do the same so we don't jinx the good thing we have going.

Gonna be another tough game tonight with the Heels facing elimination yet again, so let's hit them early and keep the pressure on.

Go Heels!!!!

Let's GO HEELS . . . !

Keep them bats alive, guys ... throw hard and accurate, Kent.

Looks like the L.A. Times lied. We'll be facing a leftie, Grant Watson.

Also, we're the away team yet again.
frown.r191677.gif

Yep. I'm here, just not posting much. Kinda wait and see for me right now.

I think it bodes well we made good contact and got a hit. Culd spell good things to come. We just need Kent to do his part and keep them off the bases.

UCLA opens showing bunt. Have a feeling we'll see plenty of small ball from the Bruins tonight.

[Edit:] Wow, they go back to the bunt after fouling off two fastballs. Good fielding play by Kent, though, to get him in time.

This post was edited on 6/21 8:23 PM by Raising Heel

Nice play by Kent ... ! Keeping leadoff on the bench with that effort.

Can someone explain why we're the "visiting" for the third straight game?

Kent is throwing it pretty good right now. 3 up, 3 down is all you can ask him to do. Smart play on that bunt, too.

Need to get the bats heated up now and put this one away early.

Originally posted by 6666Heel:
Can someone explain why we're the "visiting" for the third straight game?
I think the first matchup between two teams is determined by a coin toss. If we win tonight, though, we get to be the home team tomorrow because the teams have to switch.

Stubbs walks...runner on with no outs.

The pace of the UCLA pitchers is maddening.

Not counting but there have probably been close to 10 throws over and they take their sweet time between each pitch. You can see how they like to grind you.

Heels strand another runner. Still no score B2.

This post was edited on 6/21 8:43 PM by Raising Heel

Nothing pretty about those hits, but they work. Kinda reminds me of UVa basketball. UGLY, but sometimes effective I just hope we can get out of this inning and put up some runs.

Just damn.

UCLA strikes first with an UGLY chopper over first base. Runners on the corners with 2 outs.

Going by your updates, it doesn't sound like Kent is getting hit hard. With that said, I think I'd be quick to pull the plug on him tonight.

You have to wonder if he is thinking "Here we go again!"

And he gets the strikeout with only one run coming across.

Now we HAVE to get some runs.

I swear, this is almost painful to watch. UCLA is one of those teams that drive you nuts.

Fender - That is how UCLA plays. Little choppers and dinks and doinks is what they do. NO power to speak of and they just force you to play smart. Nothing Kent is really doing bad, he just isn't getting them to go after stuff other teams might.

This post was edited on 6/21 9:00 PM by Littlejon

Originally posted by Littlejon:

I swear, this is almost painful to watch. UCLA is one of those teams that drive you nuts.
+1

It's like Georgia Tech football, or as someone else already mentioned, Virginia basketball.

This post was edited on 6/21 9:03 PM by Raising Heel

UCLA's hits were BS and their pitcher balks every time he make his pickoff move. Oh well, gotta score some runs....

Also....UCLA female fans are looking FINE....

Have to get something going.. This is one that just creeps by and before you know it it's 2-0 in the 9th and you're almost done

Originally posted by TarHeelNation11:

Also....UCLA female fans are looking FINE....
Yes, the ONLY thing worth watching where UCLA is concerned. Having spent some time in LA, I can tell you the pool they have to work with out there means you can't help but find nice "scenery" in the stands.

Great call by the ump to not let that BS sticking of the elbow out there. I HATE that crap. It is as bad as a dook flop in my book!

Wish Moran would have taking a couple there. Need to start hitting it on the ground. As Holbie gets hbp!

Orel Hershiser, talking about sideline reporter Jessica Mendoza, just said (and I quote):

"I'd like to pitch to her."

LOL. Sorry, just sounded dirty.

---------------

Holbie gets hit and Heels have a runner on with 1 out.

What do you guys think about Moran swinging on the first pitch like that?

Well, at least the ump behind the plate is consistent with that outside strike. Pretty far outside.

NICE chopper and UCLA can't make a play. Runners on first & second with one out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT