ADVERTISEMENT

Tar Heels vs. the Cardinal Sun Bowl game thread

I am really coming to despise the offensive staff. And that means Fedora. I know we are in much better shape, but he and his offensive staff waste as much talent as Butch Davis and Everett Withers wasted on D.

So we are at the 1 foot line first and goal and line up in shotgun when we should be under center and sneak it in. Then on a 2 point try we are under center when everybody knows we are throwing the ball?

Great job by our OC/Fedora. Piss poor coaching and execution. Story of UNC football under Fedora. All sizzle no steak.

Fedora is a tease. He can't deliver.

Lost three games in a row. 2 games to inferior in-state rivals that needed to be wins. Then, loses to a much-depleted Stanford team with a so-called NFL 1st-round QB.

Reactions: uncpig
great play calling and O line stunk it up all year long...we really missed Hood today. I hate that these seniors go out like this. Just plain piss poor coaching!

Fedora is a tease. He can't deliver.

Lost three games in a row. 2 games to inferior in-state rivals that needed to be wins. Then, loses to a much-depleted Stanford team with a so-called NFL 1st-round QB.
He can't deliver yet he's delivered more than basically any coach in UNC history. We're not very good, yet we overachieved last season. Our star player, Ryan Switzer? 3*** recruit. It ain't like we got fuggin Top 10 talent out there.

Reactions: TarHeelMark
He can't deliver yet he's delivered more than basically any coach in UNC history. We're not very good, yet we overachieved last season. Our star player, Ryan Switzer? 3*** recruit. It ain't like we got fuggin Top 10 talent out there.
If you're happy, I'm happy for you.

I see mediocre everywhere. You called VT fool's gold. Fuentes and Foster delivered. Fed and Chiz didn't. Aside from the Miami, FSU and Pitt wins, this season was a bust. If you like what you see, I'm glad you can be optimistic. I'm not. And, Stanford was playing without their starting QB and McCaffrey.

Reactions: UNCPJH81
If you're happy, I'm happy for you.

I see mediocre everywhere. You called VT fool's gold. Fuentes and Foster delivered. Fed and Chiz didn't. Aside from the Miami, FSU and Pitt wins, this season was a bust. If you like what you see, I'm glad you can be optimistic. I'm not. And, Stanford was playing without their starting QB and McCaffrey.
We were without our star RB, and haven't had our big play WR for most of the season either... FWIW.

Better game than I expected,at least we were in this one instead of overpowered like last year.Gonna miss Switzer,he was fun to watch regardless of the outcome.Now we wait and see if Trubisky leaves.

strum, I understand your frustration; I get it.. we continually come up short in big games. But "glass half full" view is we are SO much better off than we were just a few years ago. NEVER forget Bunting...

True Tar Heel fans will never forget that travesty.

Man, WTF? You can not expect a team to lose it's OC and really expect play calling to remain the same as last season. Littrell to North Texas was the biggest hit the program took this season and we still went 8-5. There are obvious L's that the team took that they certainly shouldn't have. For a program who consistently needed a bowl game to get to 7-6, it sure is a different feeling to lose a bowl game and still be on the plus side. The team WILL bounce back next season.

Man, WTF? You can not expect a team to lose it's OC and really expect play calling to remain the same as last season. Littrell to North Texas was the biggest hit the program took this season and we still went 8-5. There are obvious L's that the team took that they certainly shouldn't have. For a program who consistently needed a bowl game to get to 7-6, it sure is a different feeling to lose a bowl game and still be on the plus side. The team WILL bounce back next season.

That remains to be seen. I'm not optimistic. 8 wins was obviously our ceiling this year. Unfathomable that in a year when we beat both FSU and Miami in FL on the road that we finish just one win better than that shit team in Rawlee.

Last edited:
I wonder if those turnovers were enough to keep Mitch from leaving. I still think he's gone. He didn't play great, but he didn't play horribly either. I think he still gets drafted in the first round, second round at the worst.

I think today shows Mitch is still not the best at reading coverage. Look I think he's an elite talent but he hasn't taken enough snaps as "the guy" for a lot of folks evaluating him at the next level. All say the same thing. Tremendous talent but hard to quantify just how good he is over time because he hasn't had a huge body of work in college. Today, Stanford mixed coverages and Mitch threw quite a few marginal balls in open space, a few of which were picked off.

Reactions: UNCPJH81
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT