ADVERTISEMENT

Tokoto shows off at NBA combine

Exactly. but understand that Theo will have the same issues. Recruiting "athletes" a the 2 who aren't really true shooting guards is where we have had challenges.......

Not saying I disagree but I'd prefer to see theo play a full season healthy before dismissing him.

Reactions: RobJones__
Good for him. Hope he tears it up.

JP will do well playing basketball the next several years. I would certainly be willing to swap wages with him for the next 7 to 10 years. I think he saw that staying next year was not going to change his status with regards to draft position enough to offset the income he would lose out on for that year.

Would selfishly like to have seen his experience and athleticism on the floor for UNC but his decision to make. Make it and don't look back cause you can't undo it.

Wish him well and hope that he is a good ambassador for the university.

Exactly. but understand that Theo will have the same issues. Recruiting "athletes" a the 2 who aren't really true shooting guards is where we have had challenges. With how we use 2 gaurds, Theo will essentially be relegated to the line of similarly skilled guys we've had at the position who weren't true shooting gaurds, from JManual to MGinyard, to JP, and now Theo. Their roles were really more role player/utility guys. Hoping that Theo can refine his skill set so he can "morph" into the shooting gaurd position much in the same way that MJ did. When MJ first began his career, he was more of a SF than he was a SG. By the end of the season, he was able to quickly develop the other areas of his game like shooting and ball handling that allow him to truly transition into the position by February of his frosh year.
Theo shouldn't be playing the 2. Paige should be. But, even if he was, Theo was 45% from 3 in HS. I think he will do fine there.

Theo shouldn't be playing the 2. Paige should be. But, even if he was, Theo was 45% from 3 in HS. I think he will do fine there.
At 6'4" Theo would get brutalized at the 3 defensively, unless we're playing against UNC-G or Winthrop. He's SF in terms of skills in a SG body just like the others I mentioned. And if you want to point to his HS shooting %, go back and look at DStrickland's numbers. Bottom line: He's a tweener just like JP(as we MJ when he was a frosh).

At 6'4" Theo would get brutalized at the 3 defensively, unless we're playing against UNC-G or Winthrop. He's SF in terms of skills in a SG body just like the others I mentioned. And if you want to point to his HS shooting %, go back and look at DStrickland's numbers. Bottom line: He's a tweener just like JP(as we MJ when he was a frosh).
I think I am saying that the lineup should be

Berry
Paige
Jackson
Johnson
Meeks

Not that Pinson should start at the 3.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT