ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer portal - the rich get richer

It seems that Stanford now has 20 players in the portal.

Some of them never panned out. Some of them started but lost jobs because of injury. Some of them that started lost jobs in 2018 or 2019 because coaches began trying anything to ignite the team.

My guess is that anybody graduating from Stanford should get admitted into some program at UNC. And I suspect that a couple of those guys could provide us with help we need.

Before I forget - the latest Stanford player to enter the portal the LB who lead the team in tackles last year. Perhaps he could fill a hole for us in a big way for 1 year.

Reactions: Archer2
Former Colorado State QB Collin Hill is transferring to South Carolina

RB Lorenzo Lingard transferring from Miami. He is a former 5 star recruit and redshirted this year.

RB Lorenzo Lingard transferring from Miami. He is a former 5 star recruit and redshirted this year.
He had knee surgery about a year ago. Has he never fully recovered? Or is it that with the new staff he did not quite fit in?

Roche from Temple is a huge name on the D line, would've been a third or fourth round pick and the best player on Carolina's defense

Carl Tucker and Corey Bell have entered the transfer portal. Both were fifth year seniors this year who were awarded a sixth year of eligibility. Tucker is a TE and Bell a WR.

Good luck to them wherever they land!

Carl Tucker and Corey Bell have entered the transfer portal. Both were fifth year seniors this year who were awarded a sixth year of eligibility. Tucker is a TE and Bell a WR.

Good luck to them wherever they land!
I wonder why Tucker isn't coming back.

Announcers said today that Mac Jones has graduated, with 2 years of eligibility left. If Tua comes back, Jones could be a very hot commodity on the transfer portal.

Jones is from Jacksonville. Would he want to play for Norvell at FSU?

Article implied he had fallen behind Bargas and Walston on the depth chart.
Tucker has developed hands issues. And I do not see him making an NFL team.

When he was recruited, some schools were after him for defense. Maybe he should talk to Chazz. He's big and strong. He could become a DE.

He played in the ACC, not the Pac. And Wake won 8.
Acc is the weakest p5 conf overall, and this yr, top to bottom the coastal is even better than the Atlantic.

4-4 in a weak conference. Good on them for winning their OOC til a bowl though:
Elon
Rice
Utah st (7-6, 80th nationally in fpi
Unc

Didn’t wake lose another qb to transfer as well?
Yes, 247 site does well for tracking Portal players.

Norvell is on record stating he is not considering a grad transfer QB.. Blows my mind. Im hopeful he has changed his mind as he somehow kept Marvin Wilson from the NFL and seems hell bent on winning next year. OL and QB are major weak points

Reactions: MWHeels
Acc is the weakest p5 conf overall, and this yr, top to bottom the coastal is even better than the Atlantic.

4-4 in a weak conference. Good on them for winning their OOC til a bowl though:
Elon
Rice
Utah st (7-6, 80th nationally in fpi
Unc
Big12 has won one bowl game this year and we saw what happened to OU and Baylor.

Yes, 247 site does well for tracking Portal players.

Norvell is on record stating he is not considering a grad transfer QB.. Blows my mind. Im hopeful he has changed his mind as he somehow kept Marvin Wilson from the NFL and seems hell bent on winning next year. OL and QB are major weak points
I live in TN - I know what Norvell accomplished with Memphis QBs. But I still think he would do well to hedge his bets with a grad transfer QB.

But he may feel certain that Purdy is going to be ready to take over as a true freshman. But then my answer is: if that shows in Spring, then you may have Blackman transfer out - a grad transfer QB would provide depth even if he can't win the starter job.

Michigan OT/OG Stephen Spanelli has graduated with a year of eligibility and intends to transfer. I think he played in every game the past 2 years when he was not injured, but mostly on special teams and as a reserve. He has been an academic honor roll student, team leader in GPA, and he is from Baltimore.

Reactions: JimmyinVA
Michigan OT/OG Stephen Spanelli has graduated with a year of eligibility and intends to transfer. I think he played in every game the past 2 years when he was not injured, but mostly on special teams and as a reserve. He has been an academic honor roll student, team leader in GPA, and he is from Baltimore.
Intriguing.

Intriguing.
Michigan is one of the schools that is always loaded on the OL, not in the sense that they have a bunch of 5*s, but that they never undersign the OL, and virtually every one they sign is heavily recruited by P5 schools and is 3*s or higher. An OT or OG at Michigan could never fully break into the starting lineup and still be very good.

Spanellis has played more the past 2 years than any non-starter on our OL, and for 2 better teams. It is all but certain that next year at UNC he would contribute significantly off the bench if he could not start, and he could become a starter. We enter Spring without 5 fairly well set OL starters, and without a proven OL bench.

Michigan is one of the schools that is always loaded on the OL, not in the sense that they have a bunch of 5*s, but that they never undersign the OL, and virtually every one they sign is heavily recruited by P5 schools and is 3*s or higher. An OT or OG at Michigan could never fully break into the starting lineup and still be very good.

Spanellis has played more the past 2 years than any non-starter on our OL, and for 2 better teams. It is all but certain that next year at UNC he would contribute significantly off the bench if he could not start, and he could become a starter. We enter Spring without 5 fairly well set OL starters, and without a proven OL bench.
Michigan is losing 4 starters to graduation, everyone aside for the RT. He is the most experienced guy left on the roster, but obviously the coaches like younger guys better.

I think we're good at guard:. Mckethan & Ezeudu with Ross (started all of 2018) and Montilus, maybe Will Barnes.

Can this guy play Tackle or center? If not get lb or DL instead.

Former Miami running back Lorenzo Lingard will transfer to Florida. He was a 5 star recruit coming out of high school.

Im absolutely telling you if UNC gets Roche from Temple, who on twitter said he is deciding in "a couple days" UNC will be a top 15 team next year and I think the second best in the ACC, he's that good. Also in the position needed most the DLINE.

Im absolutely telling you if UNC gets Roche from Temple, who on twitter said he is deciding in "a couple days" UNC will be a top 15 team next year and I think the second best in the ACC, he's that good. Also in the position needed most the DLINE.

Is he considering us or are we just hoping?

He's a major disruptor. He causes trouble for offenses even when he is nowhere near the tackle.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT