ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer portal - the rich get richer

D'Eriq King seems headed to Miami.

He's fast, quick, and shifty. Ds that fail to play fundamentally sound, stay-in-your-lanes contain will watch him scamper all around them.

He certainly has the athletic skills to be a terror at slot WR, but I assume he is transferring where he assumes he will start at QB.

Nothing against this guy, but if we we don’t have a scholly for Roche... What’s the story, do we have one available for Roche, or not?
This guy is fine w enrolling summer while Roche wanted spring/early enrollment. We sitting at 85 on scholarship right now til summer when people finish classes and graduate or move on, etc. So we have room for a roche-type player but not til summer-enrollment.

This guy is fine w enrolling summer while Roche wanted spring/early enrollment. We sitting at 85 on scholarship right now til summer when people finish classes and graduate or move on, etc. So we have room for a roche-type player but not til summer-enrollment.
Thanks, that clarifies things. I just feel Roche could elevate our defense to another level, from good to very good. Hopefully, early enrollment isn’t the deciding factor.

Thanks, that clarifies things. I just feel Roche could elevate our defense to another level, from good to very good. Hopefully, early enrollment isn’t the deciding factor.
And because he is DL rather than OL or QB or WR, Roche could enroll in summer and still be a star in 2020. But he wants to do Spring with his new team.

Hurricanes get King and Roche, probable starters. Rich get richer? Is Miami considered rich? Maybe on paper?

Feleipe Franks is going to be a Hawg.

He hasn't played baseball in a while, but the Red Sox drafted him because they said he still can throw 95 MPH, with no pitching training recently. Franks has never lived to the hype in football. No doubt the potential is there, but he has shown inconsistency with few really high marks.

With that history, I would give baseball a serious try if I were not a true star in my last college year of football

Reactions: Archer2

Seems like we could’ve done something. I mean everyone seems to find ways to do it but I’m not that smart. Gray shirt? Whatever that is lol. Oh well

King should really help their qb situation. As for roche seems like we blocked him pretty good in the bowl game but I could be wrong...hopefully we can do it again. Miami must have started classes later than us too.

Miami RS frosh QB Jarren Williams in the portal.

A while back, it came out that he was a problem for the team in terms of discipline - missing meetings, late for meetings. Evidently his sense of entitlement is strong.

Miami should be a lot better. I know the program has challenges, but they shouldn't be this bad.
my theory about miami has always been that their attraction in recruiting -- the miami beach lifestyle -- is also a distraction for the players resulting in chronic underachievement. e.g. where did marvin austin et al go for their party that got ncaa sanctions? miami of course.

my theory about miami has always been that their attraction in recruiting -- the miami beach lifestyle -- is also a distraction for the players resulting in chronic underachievement. e.g. where did marvin austin et al go for their party that got ncaa sanctions? miami of course.
Oh so true. That's the reason I say that unless Miami has an old fashioned disciplinarian HC, the Canes will under-achieve almost every season. 80 degrees and a beach in January is not conducive to staying in football shape. An area known for year-round huge parties is a huge temptation.

Reactions: JimmyinVA
Former Stanford QB Costello is headed to Starkville to fling it for Mike Leach.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT