ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer portal - the rich get richer

Really good staring LT from vanderbilt it grad transferring out. Probably to some top-20 team who lost an OT to the NFL early or something.

Devin Cochran 6'7 318 lbs

Really good staring LT from vanderbilt it grad transferring out. Probably to some top-20 team who lost an OT to the NFL early or something.

Devin Cochran 6'7 318 lbs

He's the one my brother, the Vandy guy, told me about. He's from Atlanta and Greater Atlanta Christian. Mac should work hard to get him to visit Chapel Hill.

For those who may not know, Trey Morrison is from Greater Atlanta Christian.

So it seems Rhule did. But Collins coached him and Rhule is probably in NFL.
I assume he is not interested in engineering - so GT should not be a hot choice.

He would be the major disruptor with expereince that our D needs.

Sure hope we get this guy, he could be a real difference maker on our DL.

“Adding a player like Roche would be a significant boost as he represents a veteran edge rusher that has a NFL future. UNC and Georgia Tech have the most buzz to land Roche, who is expected to make a decision on his future school by the end of the week.”

“Only three defensive players in the country who played at least 300 snaps had a PFF pass rushing grade of at least 90.0 and a run defense grade of at least 85.0. Roche was one of those players (Duke’s Chris Rumph and UAB’s Jordan Smith is the other).”

Lot of news saying Roche wants UNC; however, he wants to enroll early and I believe UNC can't take him till May?? Due to scholarship limitations. Hopefully Mack can get this figured out or talk him into coming in later because Roche will have a Greenard at Florida like effect next year.

Reactions: Archer2
Lot of news saying Roche wants UNC; however, he wants to enroll early and I believe UNC can't take him till May?? Due to scholarship limitations. Hopefully Mack can get this figured out or talk him into coming in later because Roche will have a Greenard at Florida like effect next year.

When does classes start?

He would not need Spring practice to be a beast.

Reactions: Archer2
Wake becomes more poor by losing their QB.
UGA, already rich with 4* gets richer. Fromm goes early to NFL but can replace him with new commit, Jamie Newman.

C'mon Roche, be a part of the UNC family.

Our defense showed signs of being very good in the near future. Bateman is everything I'd hoped he would be. He's an innovator, he stresses fundamentals, and his players love him. Roche would give us that dominant pass rusher that can totally disrupt offenses. We've signed some hosses this year, some of whom will be thrust into action right away. I sure hope Roche chooses UNC. I'd love to see him in baby blue next season.

Damn, this guy is quick to the ball.

Our defense showed signs of being very good in the near future. Bateman is everything I'd hoped he would be. He's an innovator, he stresses fundamentals, and his players love him. Roche would give us that dominant pass rusher that can totally disrupt offenses. We've signed some hosses this year, some of whom will be thrust into action right away. I sure hope Roche chooses UNC. I'd love to see him in baby blue next season.

He's a disruptor. He makes things happen.

I just don't think UNC has a scholarship spot for Roche. I hope Im wrong I want him to go to UNC bad, but I think Clint predicted MIAMI today.

I think we'll be okay regardless. A lot of young guys got experience this year that will pay dividends next year. If we can land an OL, fine. But I'd rather land Quincy Roche. He is a dominant DL and would give us that pass rusher that we really need to take our defense to the next level.

Reactions: heelfan1961

Bring him to Heaven Mack & company

TE Noah Turner is in the portal. He is from IL, and I expect he will get closer to home to play his last season.

Turner leaving means that the thin and very young TE corps will be even younger. Walston will return, and perhaps could finally have a break out season. But Morales, who will be a RS freshman after very limited action in just 3 games in 2019, is the only other TE who have game experience.

Because Ian Book is returning to ND, Phil Jurkovec hit the portal and instantly was headed to BC.

I assume that Jurkovec must sit a year, but who knows any more.

BC wins with D and the OL, but wins more than 6 or 7 only with D and OL and a good QB.

Quincy Roche was supposed to commit by the end of last week, but he spent this past weekend in Miami. Doesn’t sound good for our chances. Drat!

Because Ian Book is returning to ND, Phil Jurkovec hit the portal and instantly was headed to BC.

I assume that Jurkovec must sit a year, but who knows any more.

BC wins with D and the OL, but wins more than 6 or 7 only with D and OL and a good QB.
BC had a good qb already buuuuuuuuut = transfer portal strikes again.

BC's defense actually wasn't that good last yr. The new HC is a defensive guy, but could be transition year for O. Their awesome OL coach is off to Penn St, and the new OC is Frank Cignetti (Bunting's 2006 OC).

Chase Brice is leaving Clemson as a grad transfer, with 2 years eligibility left.

The only meaningful action he's had is coming off the bench to beat Syracuse in 2018. But being buried behind Trevor Lawrence is no indication that you cannot start at many schools that are god enough to go bowling.

Chase Brice is leaving Clemson as a grad transfer, with 2 years eligibility left.

The only meaningful action he's had is coming off the bench to beat Syracuse in 2018. But being buried behind Trevor Lawrence is no indication that you cannot start at many schools that are god enough to go bowling.

Wasn’t gonna play behind sunshine anyway

The last Clemson QB transfer, Hunter something, went to Northwestern but hasn't been all that great.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT