ADVERTISEMENT

UAB Drops Football

I think that the last time that the Heels got a transfer from a school that dropped its program worked out well. unc got a pro safety in Gerald Sensebaugh.

Originally posted by dadecodevil:
I think that the last time that the Heels got a transfer from a school that dropped its program worked out well. unc got a pro safety in Gerald Sensebaugh.
Yep

Does UAB have a DT at least 285 pounds who can be at least on our 2-deep?

WE also have a string of DBs who can't cover anybody and can't tackle.

Of course, the problem with any such UAB players coming in, as well as with any guys who are graduating and have another year of eligibility, is that Disch and Koenning are, as of now, still in Chapel Hill. It might be that they can ruin even the best immediately eligible transfers in the country.

Originally posted by gteeitup:
from their rivals site...i assume this is 2014
Lots of big nasties on there. Several 300 lb'ers, not sure about their talent, but the physical presence is what we need, and better coaches could develop them.

How many other teams will be able to offer guys like that immediate playing time?

Would be nice if it was closer to NC. I am sure Auburn or Alabama will buy them up quickly.

UAB's defense was ranked 80th this past season, but did play a decent schedule with losses to Miss. State, Marshall
and Arkansas. Couldn't hurt for our coaches to look at some of their better defensive players.

Originally posted by gteeitup:
from their rivals site...i assume this is 2014
I counted 51 freshman on that roster. Wow. You'd think the program had an idea that they weren't going to make it and they would have tried to go light on bringing in new guys until that was settled. I mean, no one make the decision to end the football program over night. And to have 51 freshman on the roster means that you knew and still went out and got as many new guys as possible. 51 freshman - how does that even happen?

UAB transfers. Yea, that makes a lot of sense. The reason that these players were at UAB is because all the big time schools toom a collective pass on their talents coming out of high school. In the ACC, even as weak as it is, your goal is to match up with Clemson and FSU. After that is really doesn't matter at this point. Not going to do that taking transfers from a 6-6 team from a mid level conference.

they have cool uniforms...game worn gear from a going out of business football program would be great.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT