ADVERTISEMENT

UNC at Miami--Saturday 28 February 2015 game thread

LET'S GO HEELS . . . ! ! !

cool.r191677.gif

What time is the tip? CBS is still showing the St Johns Redmen versus the Slugging Hoyas.

Len Elmore just told the key truth about today's game: Miami needs a big W to secure itself an NCAA bid. Latrranaga surely has put the mark on this game.

Originally posted by ChrisMPA:
I'm stuck watching Clemson pull another Clemson... Cmon CBS get to the real game
How did Clemson manage to lose that huge lead?

Originally posted by BillyL:
UNC up 10-4 . . quick start by the Heels.
St Johns finally put away Georgetown, but then they went to commercials. I assume the UNC game is up next. If they interview Lavin, I will want to shoot CBS executives.

They tried to run clock for ten minutes and well, they're clemson. that's how they blew that huge lead

They tried to run clock for ten minutes and well, they're clemson. that's how they blew that huge lead
I get the Raycom/ACC Network on a local channel, not a netwiork affiliate. I watched the opening of the GT-CU game thinking ti would be close. I left it begind when Clemson led by 20 something.

James just scored, makimngiti 14-6 UNC.

Paige shot a 17 foot brick off the back board, and Miami took the rebound down for a quick score.

Paige is simply not right.

and now I'm watching dueling timeouts and fouls between clemson and gt. 30 minutes after Carolina started. They should fix this kinda crap.

and now I'm watching dueling timeouts and fouls between clemson and gt. 30 minutes after Carolina started. They should fix this kinda crap.
Now Paige drills a 3, followed by a Miami 3

20-14 UNC

I wish JP would stop taking those 2-point jumpers that he usually misses and opt instead for guys who are better shooters... whoever they are.

Originally posted by strummingram:
I wish JP would stop taking those 2-point jumpers that he usually misses and opt instead for guys who are better shooters... whoever they are.
Danny Green would hit a high % of those 14-18 foot shots. Tokoto bricks them over and over.

Originally posted by strummingram:
I've never seen a player NOT play to their strengths more than JP .. Twice on a breakaway he could of put up a highlight reel dunk but just hesitates ... But yea those jump shots should be limited for sure

JP please stop shooting those 12-15 foot jump shots. There is a reason you are open, Plus they brick out so long it leads to a Miami fast break. Do what you do best. Attack the basket to get points and get offensive rebounds.

Originally posted by WoadBlue:
Paige shot a 17 foot brick off the back board, and Miami took the rebound down for a quick score.

No he is not healthy. And he absolutely gets abused on defense when UNC goes to a 2 guard line-up like Berry/Paige or Britt/Paige . . . the experiment with Marcus at the 2 spot simply does not work for us.

No he is not healthy. And he absolutely gets abused on defense when UNC goes to a 2 guard line-up like Berry/Paige or Britt/Paige . . . the experiment with Marcus at the 2 spot simply does not work for us.
If he were an inch taller and 10 pounds of muscle heavier, it could work. But as he is, it is probably never going to work well.

Meeks, to me, almost looks like he's hit the wall this season. His quickness and ability to get shots up are almost gone, there's almost no lift there. Wonder if there is something wrong.

If he were an inch taller and 10 pounds of muscle heavier, it could work. But as he is, it is probably never going to work well.
Taller, more muscle and healthy

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT