ADVERTISEMENT

UNC at Miami--Saturday 28 February 2015 game thread

Originally posted by LMControl:
Meeks, to me, almost looks like he's hit the wall this season. His quickness and ability to get shots up are almost gone, there's almost no lift there. Wonder if there is something wrong.
Yeah, Meeks is a bit of a disappointment to me, too lately. As big as he is, he's not powerful or assertive as I would have expected. He does have good games and has some pluses, though.

Tough to guard if they are going to let the guards pick the ball up a carry it. Finally got one called.

Is it me or does it seem like struggle to get in a flow. Also we have bobbled or turned it over in the paint a lot.

Originally posted by Snoopy3320:
James playing better than Meeks. Meeks body language sucks.
what is his deal. Looks like a 100% liability physically and mentally out there. He probably got fouled on that tie up, but if you play weak, the officials smell it, and they are going to give the benefit of the doubt to the stronger play.

Originally posted by Run4Heelzz:

Is it me or does it seem like struggle to get in a flow. Also we have bobbled or turned it over in the paint a lot.
9 turnovers in the first half . . we need more scoring from Meeks, Jackson and Paige in the second half or we're going home with another L . .

Paige needs to quit trying to make those little passes in the lane. Put it up and if it misses let Brice, JP and Meeks go to the glass. Paige is usually pretty good at making those floaters.

32-30 for UNC in yet another sloppy game. On offense Carolina is getting nothing from Meeks, Britt, Hicks and Berry. Tokoto with his points off steals is keeping Carolina in the game.

If Tokoto were to not get another point in the game, I'd be fine with that if he just shuts down McLelland. If Rodriguez isn't playing, I think McLelland going off is about the only way they can beat us.

4 fouls on McLellan now.

I don't think Paige fouled LeComte on that three, but you can't even jump near where you can make contact, or the officials usually are going to call that.

Now need to cool down LeComte

Have not contested one three point shot this half - big guy shooting is not an excuse for hicks - no way he can't keep up with that guy.

This team cannot play defense to save it's a$$ . . ! Purely pathetic defense . .

This team is weak as shit mentally and physically. Inconsistent play from most of our players from game to game. This team is brutal to watch.

Hanging in the bonus here would be nice to draw a few fouls to take one and ones off the table before the end

Meeks and Hicks being total no shows really hurt us. If it is us even by 5 or less at the 4 minute mark, I don't like our chances

Could be later than usual and injuries played a part. But I think we see more of Berry from this point forward. I am glad. I like his game.

Brice was fouled there - few good d possessions in a row - even the big man three was contested and deep

Originally posted by LMControl:
Did Britt get punished for today's game or something.... he's barely been out there.
That last lazy pass by Britt that Mia i intercepted for a quick scopre - that's why Britt plays too much.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT