ADVERTISEMENT

UNC at Syracuse game thread on Tuesday 13 February 2024

Ingram BOOM from the left 34-34 is then Ingram feeling it BOOM again but Taylor a short jumper 37-36. Nice comeback by the Tar Heels

The announcers are acting like we've already lost. Talking about top 10 teams losing to unranked opponents

Wish Hubert would switch up defenses from time to time in the second half..I thi m it could help! Need to press a little

Reactions: Heelicious
Fun first half. Offense was solid. Ryan and Ingram on target. Cadeau destroys the zone from the nail. Washington a lift offensively.

I thought Syracuse made their share of tough 2s. They clearly picked on Washington and got reasonably good looks when they did.

But if the shot quality continues both ways, I’ll take my chances with UNC shooting open 3s and Syracuse shooting long 2s.

Reactions: thompsjj
Wish Hubert would switch up defenses from time to time in the second half..I thi m it could help! Need to press a little
Ingram and Bacot in foul trouble. You want to press with Washington out there?

Get to halftime with Ingram, Bacot, and Davis staying at 2 fouls.

Also, Syracuse made a lot of long 2s. Those are shots I’m willing to give up.

They put Washington into a ball screen every possession at the end of the half. And they scored on every one until that last possession... and dude got a wide open shot bc Wash was so slow.

Bacot has got to stay out of foul trouble.

OK, even at the half. Syracuse went back to a lot of zone when thier last standing big got fouls. I like the shots. Go to Mando get another on thier big hopefully. I like them in zone for us.

Jalen Washington gave some nice minutes. Time for Mando to go to work.

Ingram and Bacot in foul trouble. You want to press with Washington out there?

Get to halftime with Ingram, Bacot, and Davis staying at 2 fouls.

Also, Syracuse made a lot of long 2s. Those are shots I’m willing to give up.
They are getting wide open looks with mintz and Starling! Press from time to time and hedge the ball screen some! Washington and our guards are getting destroyed..try something different every once in a while! You are willing to give up wide open 2’s from the elbow over and over again from 2 5 star guards lol that’s genius

They put Washington into a ball screen every possession at the end of the half. And they scored on every one until that last possession... and dude got a wide open shot bc Wash was so slow.

Bacot has got to stay out of foul trouble.
I saw that and it is bad but long 2s are our best bet

They are getting wide open looks with mintz and Starling! Press from time to time and hedge the ball screen some! Washington and our guards are getting destroyed..try something different every once in a while! You are willing to give up wide open 2’s from the elbow over and over again from 2 5 star guards lol that’s genius
I’m absolutely willing to give up long 2s. Hopefully they’re contested better but I’ll live with those shots over good looks from 3 or shots at the rim.

I’m absolutely willing to give up long 2s. Hopefully they’re contested better but I’ll live with those shots over good looks from 3 or shots at the rim.
To each is own! I’d rather switch up defenses every 5 possessions or so and throw them off rhythm and keep them guessing! They are comfortable now! Hopefully the half gets them out of the zone! Bc their guards are in it right now

Playing the Cuse is like playing against Virginia. They work the clock and then shoot a high percentage of their shots. Carolina 1 point this half

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT