ADVERTISEMENT

UNC receives NOA...

My source tells me some really harsh penalties are coming down. I sure hope it is not as bad as I have been told.
2 Messages since 2007. Sounds like a banned account that just got reactivated due to the ban list resets.

What was the first one you made to get banned?

Man, sure hope the penalties aren't as harsh as his "sources" say! lmfao...

Joke... at least make a new account before using your previously banned one. Idiot troll.

My source tells me some really harsh penalties are coming down. I sure hope it is not as bad as I have been told.

Really? Because my sources, which everyone knows are the best, says your sources are FOS.

LOL

I'm happy to tell you that you are dead wrong . . If, you really had a clue, you would know that harsh isn't even in the equation.

So go back to your source and tell him/her/it not to worry . .

Reactions: geo1464
IF and of course we must qualify ANY twitter or sources but IF this is true amnd I suspect it is....then it proves what many of us have said all along........... this has been a MASSIVE ACADEMIC scandal with the athletes, thru word of mouth, taking advantage, like athletes/students at ANY major school would do, of an EASY A

kk so exactly how can we Ignore idiots now with the new and "improved" format?

according to the AP Roy has not even SEEN the NOA.

I guess we should interpret that in a positive way. Why take the time to look over something that will have little impact on the program??
At least that is how I read his lack of interest. Could be wrong of course but I hope not

according to the AP Roy has not even SEEN the NOA.

I guess we should interpret that in a positive way. Why take the time to look over something that will have little impact on the program??
At least that is how I read his lack of interest. Could be wrong of course but I hope not
I don't read his comments as lack of interest at all. As I said on the premium board, I can certainly believe he hasn't SEEN the report, so he's telling the truth. But I feel sure he has been given information about what it contains.

I understand he may have been briefed and that obviously makes sense .But again this is just me and if I were Roy and this document was going to have a potentially huge impact on MY program, I would scour that thing line by line. Again just me and people are different in how they look at things, but again to me that CAN be viewed as a positive. We shall see.

Just wish they would release the thing so we could get on with it.

Just wish they would release the thing so we could get on with it.

I don't. Let the mooers and their kaintuck cousins lose what's left of their so-called minds. Let the media stew and cry. Who cares?

Hold that sucker until the last second of the 90 day window.

Reactions: Bur-Heel
I don't. Let the mooers and their kaintuck cousins lose what's left of their so-called minds. Let the media stew and cry. Who cares?

Hold that sucker until the last second of the 90 day window.

Let's just say I will sleep easier when the thing is released. There have been plenty of times in the last 4 years when the consensus predictions have been "no big deal" or "this report will finally put this to bed" and the actual result has been the opposite of the predictions.

Reactions: heelbent
Let's just say I will sleep easier when the thing is released. There have been plenty of times in the last 4 years when the consensus predictions have been "no big deal" or "this report will finally put this to bed" and the actual result has been the opposite of the predictions.

Couldn't agree more. I want to see it out there so we can get on with our recruiting.

As much as we might like to think Roy has a lot of pull, this is still something the lawyers will want to keep under wraps. That likely means Roy won't be included in any discussions about what will be released. Matter of fact, IF this is as most of us suspect - an ACADEMIC issue first and foremost that athletes participated in just like every other student not involved in athletics who also took these classes - then there really isn't a much of a reason to include Roy in the response. Especially if there is nothing pointing to anyone in the men's basketball program having done anything wrong.

Now, I suspect that we will start to hear more about this the closer they get to responding. I would imagine that Roy would be given access to the NOA before that is released and he will likely be told what the response is. But, given that he hasn't seen it yet, I think that points to the likelihood that there won't be a lot in the way of any allegations that would warrant much punishment.

Perhaps I am too wishful or naive about the severity, but I think we may be near the end - FINALLY - and won't have much to worry about.

Last edited:
What could happen at some point is a slippage of info from a recruit. I'm sure any update to allegations and what the university feels will come down as far as punishment or lack of will be told to recruits and there parents. If we see several recruits cut us from there list, that could be a sign. If we hang in there with recruits until the very end that's a positive sign. Just my thoughts.

There is no issue here. No reason to lose sleep.

Reactions: saltee123
There is no issue here. No reason to lose sleep.

Who can say what the NCAA will do on any given investigation? After all, this whole thing is based off a bunch of lies from a plagiarizing fool and a former basketball player who may or may not be worth $325 million. The whole investigation is a farce.

Who can say what the NCAA will do on any given investigation? After all, this whole thing is based off a bunch of lies from a plagiarizing fool and a former basketball player who may or may not be worth $325 million. The whole investigation is a farce.

Don't fall for the troll bait, '71. This loser has nothing better to do.

According to this tweet, we could know Thursday. Don't know how credible the source is (as i see news & observer in the bio and know what that means) so take it for what it's worth.

According to this tweet, we could know Thursday. Don't know how credible the source is (as i see news & observer in the bio and know what that means) so take it for what it's worth.

I wouldn't believe anything Andrew Carter @acarter0277 says without reading it somewhere more reliable. This guy is not qualified to write for the Chapel Hill Elementary PTA newsletter and I can assure you that some of those PTA moms have far better sources as well as fashion sense.

But who knows- maybe a blind fairy finds some pixie dust every once in a while, right?

moo u and plenty of abc'ers have enjoyed our woes, but i suspect the key player behind the ncaa's scapegoating of unc and dragging their feet has been dook. dook's clout within the ncaa is demonstrated every year with their easy as pie bracket in the tourn. do you think it's a coincidence that the resurgence of dook basketball has occurred during our long, slow as molasses ncaa investigation? i don't.

I think tomorrow AM would be a good time. Bubba would have ample time to speak to several talking heads in explanation of why most of the major programs were held blameless and what went on with the few weak spots in our case.

Another link, perhaps from a credible source this time (although they could just be recycling what Andrew Carter said)

No allegations against fb or mens bball programs according to my friend who works for the univ. would this take post season ban off the table? Maybe just a fine?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT