ADVERTISEMENT

UNC vs Auburn Game Thread

I usually don’t question Roy but tonight I am left scratching my head and wondering what he was thinking. Hate to say it but he was out coached tonight and that’s really hard to say.

Yeah I am a young dude but it reminded me of stories of 77 when Dean didn’t wanna call a TO to take out Buckley out of fear of embarrassing him.

Literally no other coach in america doesnt call a TO down ten to get Maye and Cam back on the floor.

Hey, got beat down, just got beat, give Auburn credit. Hate to see Okeke with that injury. He and Auburn are playing great, terrible break for him and his squad.

Sucks to go out, but tonight we were thoroughly outplayed.

Hey guys just want to say good game and to carry y’alls cheating ass back to chapel hill and go to class! That is all:)

As an Auburn grad im embarrassed at your fan base’s trolling ability. Really really weak stuff.

What else you got? Football jokes?

You shouldn't lump all Auburn fans in with the trolls and shit talkers.

I have always been a band wagon North Carolina basketball fan since Auburn is usually not very good. No shit talk from me

I went to Auburn, love the school and lots of respect to the fan base. Lotta good people.

Roy literally had Platek, Seventh, BRob and Garrison Brooks on the floor together for a key stretch in an ncaa tournament game....

Hall of fame coach. Perfect coach for our program. The most stupid and worst lineup he could possibly put out there at any one time. All true.

I thought we'd have a hard time getting through this weekend, but this is a sad finish.

For a lot of this season we over-achieved. Even with a couple of guys under the weather, it feels bad to lose this way.

But on balance, a very good season.

We'll remember a bunch of these guys.

I can’t wait to see kentucky beat auburn by double digits. This team was not ready to play tonight. They couldn’t throw it in the ocean and couldn’t defend a lick.

Roy literally had Platek, Seventh, BRob and Garrison Brooks on the floor together for a key stretch in an ncaa tournament game....

Hall of fame coach. Perfect coach for our program. The most stupid and worst lineup he could possibly put out there at any one time. All true.
I think there were some factors that we may be overlooking, or not know about.

Reactions: Heelicious

Might be next season's starters.

UK wins tonight they get Auburn without Okeke. Crazy. With Okeke, Auburn is as good as anyone in the nation.

So how many will cheer for Auburn to win it all? Just asking since they beat us. Definitely not dook nor kensucky.

Auburn is the hottest team in the country and UNC just happened to run into an under-seeded squad that is on fire.

Reactions: GoNtheDistance
Guys lets just all acknowledge we got our ass whipped. That being said we got it down to 10 with 7 ****ing minutes left and were on an 8-2 run after Cam just hit all 3 free throws after getting fouled. We proceed to take him out and have a lineup of BRob and Seventh and Garrison on the floor for the next 3.5 minutes of game action in the most important offensive stretch of the season. We literally had Coby, Cam and Luke, our only 3 point threats and true scoring options on the bench for nearly 4 minutes of game time. To compound that, we toss in Platek with Seventh and BRob for 2 minutes of
Game action. I don’t know whether to be embarassed, mad or just plain overwhelmed at the stupidity By Roy in that last 7 minutes. The announcers literally said, “I’m surprised with the lineup here by Roy, not sure I agree with it at all.” I mean really. We had a punchers chance, on an 8-2 run, down 10 with 7 to play and he did that. He ****ing did that.
It's deserving of its own thread, but I don't want to deal with the "if you criticize Roy, then you hate UNC and if you hate UNC, you hate America" kind of people tonight.

But it's who he is. He got caught tonight big time with his hand in the cookie jar. Good job by Bruce Pearl to really slow down the tempo at that point to force us to play with that lineup (or force Roy to make a timeout decision, knowing he wouldn't).

It's deserving of its own thread, but I don't want to deal with the "if you criticize Roy, then you hate UNC and if you hate UNC, you hate America" kind of people tonight.

But it's who he is. He got caught tonight big time with his hand in the cookie jar. Good job by Bruce Pearl to really slow down the tempo at that point to force us to play with that lineup (or force Roy to make a timeout decision, knowing he wouldn't).

It’s absolutely deserving of it’s own thread. I honestly think even the Roy knows best crowd would go silent on that one. Again, shameful, stupid, ignorant, embarrassing, etc. all describe any logic in those sub patterns with your season on the line.

It would do good for nassir to come back but he won’t. He likely will be drafted based on potential. The money’s guaranteed.

Wouldn't have mattered one bit. From the jump we were off. Cam, Nas, Garrison... Off. Blame someone if you need to but we got outplayed and simply weren't on our game... When those happen on the same night it's not going to happen.

Oh, yeah
Pearl had the tools and used them perfectly

I'm obviously happy with the outcome of this one game but it was yet another great season for you guys. Hopefully we do it again next year.

Your squad showed a great deal of class when Okeke left the court. It was noticed and appreciated.
That's the worst part of the loss! Auburn is now going to be without Okeke!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT