ADVERTISEMENT

UNC vs Auburn Game Thread

Wouldn't have mattered one bit. From the jump we were off. Cam, Nas, Garrison... Off. Blame someone if you need to but we got outplayed and simply weren't on our game... When those happen on the same night it's not going to happen.

Let’s be clear Geth. I said point A, we got
Our ass whipped. That supersedes it all. But we can not let that game management with 7 to go, down 10, on an 8-2 run, 6 of those by Cam and you take him out and every other scorer we have and put in a group of kids that to put it nicely, shouldn’t play ever in a UNC uniform. We didn’t get our horses back in the game together, at all the last 7 minutes of the game. Think about that. Really. Can’t do it. Just keeping it real. That was awfullllllll.

Reactions: pittsburghheel
Let’s be clear Geth. I said point A, we got
Our ass whipped. That supersedes it all. But we can not let that game management with 7 to go, down 10, on an 8-2 run, 6 of those by Cam and you take him out and every other scorer we have and put in a group of kids that to put it nicely, shouldn’t play ever in a UNC uniform. We didn’t get our horses back in the game together, at all the last 7 minutes of the game. Think about that. Really. Can’t do it. Just keeping it real. That was awfullllllll.
I think Johnson was sicker than we know.

Reactions: Heelicious
Maybe so but even perfect coaching we lose by a dozen. Our horses were nags compared to theirs tonight. Coulda woulda... If Pearl had taken Okeke out a minute before and he didnt get injured... We lose by 30.

Reactions: GoNtheDistance
Even with okeke i would pick Kentucky. Auburn is good but we made them look all world. Just disappointed with the effort from this team.
Auburn still has 8 or 9 pretty good players even without Okeke.The worst part of his injury is a lot of people were starting to project him as a first round pick.

A lot of debate on Auburn boards whether he would come back next year. Now he almost has to return

I think Johnson was sicker than we know.

He certainly may have been. But you let the kid play it out. Or hell somebody with a pulse. Let’s stop the excuses for Roy on those sub patterns. Seriously let’s stop. No rational person can say Seventh, Platek, BRob and Garrison being 1-4 in the most important minutes of the season is a good look.

Reactions: gauchoheel
I'm obviously happy with the outcome of this one game but it was yet another great season for you guys. Hopefully we do it again next year.

Your squad showed a great deal of class when Okeke left the court. It was noticed and appreciated.
This is how an opposing fan should post.

Anyway, I hate to see the kid get hurt and I really hate that UK will get to play y’all without him. I really hope y’all take them down assuming they beat Houston tonight.

Good luck to Auburn. Hate it for the young man who was hurt. He is a stud. They play hard and have that edge and toughness that championship levels teams have, both of which we did not but hoped we could shoot our way to a title like
Villanova in 16. All in all, we had a low floor and limited talent offensively and defensively at key spots. Hard to mask those weaknesses in the NCAA tournament against good teams.

He certainly may have been. But you let the kid play it out. Or hell somebody with a pulse. Let’s stop the excuses for Roy on those sub patterns. Seriously let’s stop. No rational person can say Seventh, Platek, BRob and Garrison being 1-4 in the most important minutes of the season is a good look.
I don't have to make excuses for the coach. I'm simply making rational suggestions. Those kids were battling some kind of bug. He has a lot more knowledge of the people on his team. He admitted that his coaching was garbage.

Too many obstacles tonight.

Reactions: GoNtheDistance
Yeah, look at you...from Clemson, yet you are a Tar Heel fan!!! I graduated from Clemson and grew up a BIG Tar Heel Basketball Fan, STFU with your little mind!!!

This guy has more teeth than brains and he’s probably missing half the teeth.

Great season... but i am disappointed. Auburn hit everything they threw up and they have been doing it for 11 straight games... congrats tigers lots of trolls in both sides on here tonight i mean some of the so called unc screen names I have never seen until it's time to criticize our team...

Auburn fans talking about cheating... see Bruce Pearl, chuck person, cam newton, etc...
More like a single fan talking about North Carolina cheating from what I have seen.

Surprised there hasn't been more shit talking. Auburn fans aren't used to beating teams like North Carolina.

When you have had as much success as North Carolina has had in basketball, a lot of people are going to be happy when you lose

Reactions: Borotiger
I can say that when the Heels were standing during the tv timeouts they looked 100% dead. At one point cam was bent over holding his shorts. To stay upright. I think that was coming out of half time.

I think auburn would’ve won tonight anyway - just a horrible matchup for us. But you could tell we were getting cam and Nas at like 50%

This guy has more teeth than brains and he’s probably missing half the teeth.
Just like your name show's, BOY, I guarantee I have and straighter teeth than your talking trailer park trash!!! Give it up dude, kid, little boy, you haven't a CLUE!!!

Just like your name show's, BOY, I guarantee I have and straighter teeth than your talking trailer park trash!!! Give it up dude, kid, little boy, you haven't a CLUE!!!
This will be my last post on your board but I want to make it clear that 2000tiger is is not an Auburn fan. Please don’t associate us with him.

Good night all.

I can say that when the Heels were standing during the tv timeouts they looked 100% dead. At one point cam was bent over holding his shorts. To stay upright. I think that was coming out of half time.

I think auburn would’ve won tonight anyway - just a horrible matchup for us. But you could tell we were getting cam and Nas at like 50%

Idk about horrible matchup. Guard the 3 point line! Kentucky will focus on that i can guaranteed you.

Reactions: gauchoheel

You’re a moron. Your own team’s fans don’t even like you.

This will be my last post on your board but I want to make it clear that 2000tiger is is not an Auburn fan. Please don’t associate us with him.

Good night all.
You are right. I'm not an Auburn fan. I'm a HUGE Tar Heel Basketball Fan and Clemson Tiger EVERYTHING ELSE!!! I KNOW Y'ALL WON'T UNDERSTAND BUT IT'S A FAMILY THING!!! Don't worry I would never want to be associated with Auburn trash!!!

46% from 3 vs 25% from 3. There is your ball game. Coby picked a bad game to be 0-7 from 3. Oh well. It happens. I was pretty pissed as the game was going on because they were hitting everything and at one point we're like 80% from 3 in the 2nd half. But, not much you can do when a team is on fire that much.

This game highlights how important matchups are. They had athletes that were stronger and faster and they shot better than we could.
Coby’s 0-7 from 3 was balanced by KWilliams having a good shooting night.
It just wasn’t enough.
I will miss Luke Maye. I don’t know what his basketball future holds, but his time and development at a school where McD AA are the standard are remarkable.

It doesn’t matter.
He played well. He made shots and he had his best defensive game in a long time.
We are a #1 seed who couldn’t make it to the 2nd weekend. That’s what history will remember.
We made it to the second weekend.

The problem was that they were faster than us. Nobody could stop penetration which led to collapsing which led to open 3s. We don't have a rim protector either. As you saw in the UK game, that guard was faster than their defenders but his last 2 shots were swatted by Reid and Washington who were protecting the rim. That was the ball game. Here we had nothing but fouls underneath as help.

We needed to play up on these guys and stop the 3 at all costs, but we played as usual with collapsing help defense. This team straight up murdered us from 3. It was not pretty. I don't think we could have ever possibly beat this team without matching their firepower. Unfortunately, our 3s weren't dropping today. Which was something I lamented earlier in the season that we seem to do or die from the 3. We got away from it some with transition game Midway through the season but this team was faster and had more depth than us. There was no transition game for us here.

Reactions: AUsome Lady
I’ll actually never understand SEC fans all vicariously living through each other’s successes. I could give a single shit if anyone in the ACC not wearing a UNC jersey wins
Actually, a lot of SEC fans feel the same way. That chant may have started way back when the SEC was considered subpar in football to numbered conferences. I wish we’d stop using it.

Reactions: Heelicious
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT