ADVERTISEMENT

***UNC vs Duke - OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

That UNC team would curb stomp that pukie team. 2 scenarios...

1. Gay Gay trying to stop MJ from getting to the hole or dunking on his head!
2. Laettner trying to keep Hans from breaking him into 3 pieces!

I would love to watch the Grant Hill/Vinsanity matchup and the JWill/Ray Ray one. Big Game Vs Zion would be fun with both being unstoppable on O IMO!

GO Tar Heels!!!!!

That UNC team would curb stomp that pukie team. 2 scenarios...

1. Gay Gay trying to stop MJ from getting to the hole or dunking on his head!
2. Laettner trying to keep Hans from breaking him into 3 pieces!

I would love to watch the Grant Hill/Vinsanity matchup and the JWill/Ray Ray one. Big Game Vs Zion would be fun with both being unstoppable on O IMO!

GO Tar Heels!!!!!
God I miss Hansbrough. You don't see that kind of competitor very often.

Reactions: HeelzLover
Manek needs to explode for about 7-8 three point shots to keep the Heels in the game. Duke has some great 1 on 1 players and they will get some 2 pointers. If the Heels can keep it close, I think the Heels pull it out late with some clutch foul shooting by Love and RJ.

My single biggest concern is Banchero. We’ve got nobody that can defend him. He will go around Manek and will go over Leaky. This is where having a guy like Garcia could’ve really helped.

Reactions: dtodd4475
There are some very challenging matchups for sure. Hopefully Brady had a good night's sleep and a hearty breakfast/lunch because I think they are going to target him on switches with Griffin or Moore on the perimeter as well as the Banchero matchups.

Hopefully we can get some minutes from Puff or "gulp" McCoy to give him some rest to have his shooting legs.

There are some very challenging matchups for sure.
Including the head coaches. In my heart I want Hubert to send vader home with a L for his final trip to Chapel Hill. In my head when $$ is on the line UNC has to have a lot of things go right to win and it may be it comes down to officiating and how the game's called. GO HEELS !!

And if Love goes cowboy it will not end well. He and RJ need to really play smart.

I somewhat agree. We do need a BIG one from Love today. I hope he stays aggressive, be smart, but he has to be attack.

I wonder if Coach Davis would consider opening up in a zone defense to neutralize Duke’s advantage in the paint. I am sure that would catch the Blue Devils by surprise..:

It would be especially sweet for Rat Face to lose his last game in Chapel Hill.

I wonder if Coach Davis would consider opening up in a zone defense to neutralize Duke’s advantage in the paint. I am sure that would catch the Blue Devils by surprise..:
Rat would shred any zone hubs tried .. UNC is based on aggressive man .. just don't have the team for it this year

To me the key of the game will be the play of Manek. He will get his points but his contribution on defense will make or break the Heels today. He really does not match up with anyone. Maybe Williams but nobody else.. If his bombs from the outside fall that might be enough to offset his defense..

Dooks gonna run us off the 3 pt line and play straight up in the post. Its on Bacot and driving the basket under control. Ball handling a premium.

Griiffin a short baseline jumper 15-5 and Duke is on fire and Carolina is as cold as ice. Puff now in for Bacot. Not having Garcia right now is tough

Looks the the Carolina team that gets its doors blown off against decent competition has shown up so far tonight.

Going to have to knock down the 3ball looks, had some good ones early. We have a tough time matching up, gambled with Mando maybe being a little better suited then Brady on Banchero? He got 2 quick ones now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT