ADVERTISEMENT

UNC vs Kansas championship game thread—-Monday 4 April 2022

That wasnt a choke job. Kansas played a terrible first half and then played to their level in the second. Only so much you can do playing 5 guys

Ku is without a doubt ONE of the biggest collections of aholes in sports That Braun kid is worthy of being a dookie. What a JERK!!!!!

The officials called the second half horrifically. The "BLOCK" foul on Manek was atrocious just absurd Felt like I was watching a dook game in Derm with touch foul after touch foul. Manek was a punching bag by that punk 33 who should have been given a flagrant 1 at least.
A healthy Bacot and also Love with him obviously fighting hIS sprained ankle and the outcome would have been different. KU sucks I have zero respect for any of them. Proud of our Heels Thank God we play with a class and demeanor that Kansas lacks

That wasnt a choke job. Kansas played a terrible first half and then played to their level in the second. Only so much you can do playing 5 guys
Respectfully disagree.

It's the championship game, you can't blow a 15 point lead. It was a choke job lets call it what is was.

Respectfully disagree.

It's the championship game, you can't blow a 15 point lead. It was a choke job lets call it what is was.
It was a very hard-fought game between a ONE SEED Kansas and an incredible UNC team that really came into its own and just came-up short at the very end. Bacot's injury made the final 2 minutes too much to overcome.

Give Kansas some credit, dude.

Not sure if manek wasn’t being active enough to get open which is what it seemed like or if they just guarded him that good. Our guards were awful

When they vacate Kansas’ championship for their numerous infractions does anyone get the trophy? Not sour grapes here, I’m honestly asking the question.

Reactions: JDisaheelfan
With love’s jumper looking like last years version not sure why he didn’t drive the lane more. 2 is better than 0 or get more fouls on them

When they vacate Kansas’ championship for their numerous infractions does anyone get the trophy? Not sour grapes here, I’m honestly asking the question.
Its not going to happen, obviously but the answer is no.

Michigan didnt get it when Louisville lost theirs.

Ku is without a doubt ONE of the biggest collections of aholes in sports That Braun kid is worthy of being a dookie. What a JERK!!!!!

The officials called the second half horrifically. The "BLOCK" foul on Manek was atrocious just absurd Felt like I was watching a dook game in Derm with touch foul after touch foul. Manek was a punching bag by that punk 33 who should have been given a flagrant 1 at least.
A healthy Bacot and also Love with him obviously fighting hIS sprained ankle and the outcome would have been different. KU sucks I have zero respect for any of them. Proud of our Heels Thank God we play with a class and demeanor that Kansas lacks
Yea that 33 fits in well with that dude for Baylor with the blonde hair.

Reactions: keysersosay#1
I’ll be the negative one as usual.. I would have said this was one of the best title games ever, however when you blow a 16 point lead I can’t say it’s one of the best ever. It’s more embarrassing than anything else. We did the same thing against Baylor. We will now be known as the team that can’t hold a lead. I would have been really proud of these guys if it went back and forth all night and was close throughout, however that was not the case. This game should have never been in doubt after halftime.

I’ll be the negative one as usual.. I would have said this was one of the best title games ever, however when you blow a 16 point lead I can’t say it’s one of the best ever. It’s more embarrassing than anything else. We did the same thing against Baylor. We will now be known as the team that can’t hold a lead. I would have been really proud of these guys if it went back and forth all night and was close throughout, however that was not the case. This game should have never been in doubt after halftime.
Can’t argue with that

Bullshit...Choke city...As much heart as this team played with, probably the most heart of any Carolina team in history, that second half was a bed wetting of epic proportion in National Championship games. Nothing was set up for Brady, never changed defenses, no adjustments to counter their run. Having a big half time lead was actually the worse thing that could have happened and it caught us flat footed, when Kansas manned up for the the championship rounds, we landed jabs, and they landed straights, hooks and upper cuts. Kansas' didn't switch on ball screens and we never adjusted. We should have fed the post until we got the 4th the foul on their big man early on, no matter what. Leaky should have been switched to the guy Caleb was guarding, no way he posts Leaky. We should have called a timeout as soon as the lead was single digits. We probably would have been better off down a bucket or two at half..But, that was one game, a biggie for sure, however, we were never expected to be here. Hell, my bracket had us out the first weekend. It's been a learning experience for Coach Davis.. It's different when you're the chief and not the brave. Injuries really hurt our squad. Mando was 50% at best the second half. But we still should have won by 7-9points. Still through all that.. WHERE'S DOOK? Oh yeah......

• Love
Reactions: TarHeelFanWV
Bullshit...Choke city...As much heart as this team played with, probably the most heart of any Carolina team in history, that second half was a bed wetting of epic proportion in National Championship games. Nothing was set up for Brady, never changed defenses, no adjustments to counter their run. Having a big half time lead was actually the worse thing that could have happened and it caught us flat footed, when Kansas manned up for the the championship rounds, we landed jabs, and they landed straights, hooks and upper cuts. Kansas' didn't switch on ball screens and we never adjusted. We should have fed the post until we got the 4th the foul on their big man early on, no matter what. Leaky should have been switched to the guy Caleb was guarding, no way he posts Leaky. We should have called a timeout as soon as the lead was single digits. We probably would have been better off down a bucket or two at half..But, that was one game. A biggie for sure, however, we were never expected to be here. Hell, my bracket had us out the first weekend. It's been a learning experience for Coach Davis.. It's different when you're the chief and not the brave. Injuries really hurt our squad. Mando was 50% at best the second half. But we still should have won by 7-9points. Still through all that.. WHERE'S DOOK? Oh yeah......
Preach. Some people on here just can’t understand this.

Reactions: CrazyHeel
LOL at the Duke fan... thanks for posting and making me laugh. Heels beat K last game in Cameron... Heels beat K in the Final Four for his last game of his career. THAT is forever.
But don’t you remember back in 1988 (???) or whenever they beat us (finally) like a drum. Poor feeble dook fans.

Reactions: keysersosay#1
Preach. Some people on here just can’t understand this.
How many times have you seen the 1-3-1 point zone stop a run? Forcing shots from the corner shots over and over. Slows the offense down, forces corner shots, and causes mass confusion for 2 or 3 possessions...Dean didn't invent it for nothing. With our foul trouble and Mando hobbling up and down the court..Slow that bitch down to a crawl for a few possessions.

Bullshit...Choke city...As much heart as this team played with, probably the most heart of any Carolina team in history, that second half was a bed wetting of epic proportion in National Championship games. Nothing was set up for Brady, never changed defenses, no adjustments to counter their run. Having a big half time lead was actually the worse thing that could have happened and it caught us flat footed, when Kansas manned up for the the championship rounds, we landed jabs, and they landed straights, hooks and upper cuts. Kansas' didn't switch on ball screens and we never adjusted. We should have fed the post until we got the 4th the foul on their big man early on, no matter what. Leaky should have been switched to the guy Caleb was guarding, no way he posts Leaky. We should have called a timeout as soon as the lead was single digits. We probably would have been better off down a bucket or two at half..But, that was one game, a biggie for sure, however, we were never expected to be here. Hell, my bracket had us out the first weekend. It's been a learning experience for Coach Davis.. It's different when you're the chief and not the brave. Injuries really hurt our squad. Mando was 50% at best the second half. But we still should have won by 7-9points. Still through all that.. WHERE'S DOOK? Oh yeah......

Well said and true. Overachieved but still should’ve won it all.

I think it is funny that the Duke fans are all like so glad UNC had their hearts ripped out Har Har. Naw, dudes, we are like that's okay what a great season we still destroyed Duke and K's legacy on a down year and actually got to the final moments of a championship. Lolol. They already made our season regardless of the outcome.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT