ADVERTISEMENT

UNC vs Miami on Saturday 8 October 2022 game thread

Van Dyke hits Young for a touchdown from 16 yards out and it is a game again 27-24. Hands team has to make its mark now. Don’t be like State last year

Of course... the worst possible play call and worst possible execution...

UNC has to drag it out to the very last possible play

Who made the tackle on the next to last play? He kept the Miami TE from getting out of bounds, which kept the clock running, which forced Miami to hurry, which led to a rushed play, which ended in INT.

And you look stupid for being the fan police. Guess you all have something in common.
It was hardly smooth sailing in this game, especially. Just the slightest breeze in the other direction and we lose. As @Archer2 said, we got a little lucky. I say we got very lucky. Miami lost the game more than UNC won it.

It was hardly smooth sailing in this game, especially. Just the slightest breeze in the other direction and we lose. As @Archer2 said, we got a little lucky. I say we got very lucky. Miami lost the game more than UNC won it.
I disagree. The D stepped up when it needed to. Miami had plenty of luck go their way with all those tipped balls that somehow still made it to the receiver.

Reactions: IDUNK4HEELS
I disagree. The D stepped up when it needed to. Miami had plenty of luck go their way with all those tipped balls that somehow still made it to the receiver.
Grimes sucks.

The game came down to the wire. The outcome was a coin-flip. I mean, yes, UNC won, but Miami gave it away as much as UNC defeated them.

ETA: But, I will concede that the defense played better, overall.

Grimes sucks.

The game came down to the wire. The outcome was a coin-flip. I mean, yes, UNC won, but Miami gave it away as much as UNC defeated them.

ETA: But, I will concede that the defense played better, overall.
Ok, Grimes sucks. That didn't stop the D from having a really good day when the offense struggled and put the D in bad positions.

The defense has stepped up in the last couple of games and even the worst of critics have to admit it as much even if it hurts to admit it.

Ok, Grimes sucks. That didn't stop the D from having a really good day when the offense struggled and put the D in bad positions.
Like I said, the the defense definitely played much better, and certainly well enough, I guess, to win.

I guess, in retrospect, the offense actually made it more difficult. That last offensive series should have been a game over outcome. Get a first down sit on it.

Reactions: UNCPJH81
Regardless a win is a win and they are getting better on D! What more can we ask but get a win and improve. I will take 5-1 any year from a Carolina football team. We have 3 very winable games coming up and then will have to play our best game to beat Wake!

Reactions: tarheel0910
And you look stupid for being the fan police. Guess you all have something in common.
It really hurts some people when Carolina wins regardless if it is football 🏈 or basketball 🏀 because instead of enjoying the wins in both sports they would rather find faults…

Just getting home, good win. I was and still am livid over the time management though. Under 5 minutes to play up 7, inside the 10, going to go up 2 scores even with a FG, and you snap the ball with 14 and 13 seconds left on the play clock on 2nd and 3rd down!!!!! That is malpractice!!!! Those extra 27 seconds made life much easier for Miami to steal one. Awful coaching awareness of time and situation!!!

Just getting home, good win. I was and still am livid over the time management though. Under 5 minutes to play up 7, inside the 10, going to go up 2 scores even with a FG, and you snap the ball with 14 and 13 seconds left on the play clock on 2nd and 3rd down!!!!! That is malpractice!!!! Those extra 27 seconds made life much easier for Miami to steal one. Awful coaching awareness of time and situation!!!
Just not quite as bad as the Fedora level of poor time management.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT