ADVERTISEMENT

UNC vs Washington Game Thread

Roy w/ 10 Sweet 16’s in 15 tourneys @ UNC
Wow - c'mon Roy, do better.
Then I was thinking this morning.....Roy has a 7-2 record in 5 final fours with UNC. So a 78% winning record with 3 titles against cream of the crop. Crazy. No coach in the last 50 years can come close to those results.
I'm not saying Dean wasn't great, but think of how many more titles we'd have if Dean had a 78% winning record in the Final Four. (I get that a lot of it has to do with injuries, players going cold, etc)

So many reasons to be optimistic yet you choose to be pessimistic.
It’s not pessimism, it’s realism. At the time of the post, we were leaving way too many 3 point shooters open just like we did against Iona. That won’t work against Auburn. They will hit 15+ three pointers if we do that.

maybe im the minority here but I'm honestly completely OK with the no call on Zion on that last drive. He's a big athlete and there was contact but certainly not overtly a charge. the big one was the blatant push in the back by Barrett on the put back. I'm all for letting the players decide the game, but you can not let a player blatantly foul in front of you and collect a rebound that directly wins the game for that team. that one was shameful.

maybe im the minority here but I'm honestly completely OK with the no call on Zion on that last drive. He's a big athlete and there was contact but certainly not overtly a charge. the big one was the blatant push in the back by Barrett on the put back. I'm all for letting the players decide the game, but you can not let a player blatantly foul in front of you and collect a rebound that directly wins the game for that team. that one was shameful.

i was okay with it too. letting DeLaurier get away with an obvious hook and hold and RJ push in the back was unforgivable though

Reactions: GoNtheDistance
I can't even fathom to agree on this. The Zion play has to be called a block or a charge. There was way too much contact with a player sliding 3 feet away after contact to be called neither.

I can't even fathom to agree on this. The Zion play has to be called a block or a charge. There was way too much contact with a player sliding 3 feet away after contact to be called neither.

I agree that contact there should have resulted in a call, some call either way. Maybe I wasn’t clear, I was OK without a charge being called although the contact did warrant a call one way or the other. The Barrett one still was a direct no call that ultimately won the game for Dook.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT