ADVERTISEMENT

*UPDATED: BRACKETS HAVE BEEN SET* OOTB Chain Restaurants Tourney

I mean, it is the name of the restaurant and everything so....
giphy.gif

Stop it.

logo.png

I don't see Andy's anywhere on there.
To be fair, the cheeseburgers are still called Andy's cheeseburgers on the menu. The name of the restaurant changed, but not the name of the food. If I remember correctly, the reason for the name change had something to do with there being another Andy's restaurant outside of NC. It would be an issue once they started opening stores outside of NC.

To be fair, the cheeseburgers are still called Andy's cheeseburgers on the menu. The name of the restaurant changed, but not the name of the food. If I remember correctly, the reason for the name change had something to do with there being another Andy's restaurant outside of NC. It would be an issue once they started opening stores outside of NC.
Well yeah, they can call their food anything they want, but if the name of the restaurant changed to Hwy 55, then it's f'ing Hwy 55.

Well yeah, they can call their food anything they want, but if the name of the restaurant changed to Hwy 55, then it's f'ing Hwy 55.
I know, but in the spirit of full disclosure I wanted to share that info. I still call it Andy's, but not everyone in the world knows it by the name Andy's. That's why I said Hwy 55/Andy's in my nomination post.

Reactions: nctransplant
I'm at Penn Station for a philly right now. Been a while since I've been here so I forgot what they were like. I totally forgot about this place.

I'm at Penn Station for a philly right now. Been a while since I've been here so I forgot what they were like. I totally forgot about this place.

They're from Cinncinnati I believe? I've only been there once but I remember they add pizza sauce to theirs? I got it with out. Thought that was weird as hell.

They're from Cinncinnati I believe? I've only been there once but I remember they add pizza sauce to theirs? I got it with out. Thought that was weird as hell.
Yeah, I just went with onions and banana peppers. Never had banana peppers on a philly, so I thought I'd give them a shot.

I thought theirs came w brown mustard. Must be thinking about something else.
They'll put it on there but you can order it without just like the pizza sauce.

Eating this bad boy now, and it is DELICIOUS. Jersey Mike's has a contender when it comes to the philly game. I'm still giving the edge to J-Mike's because theirs is juicier, but this thing is close. The banana peppers add a nice tang to it. Basically what the jalapeños do for the big kabuna but without the heat. Excellent sandwich. They get bonus points for fresh cut fries and fresh squeezed lemonade. Should have nominated them.

Reactions: toophly1124
Nope, no condiments. No condiments should ever go on a philly

I actually don't mind condiments. I enjoy the 56 exactly how it comes but I'll try different ways. I worked w a guy from Philly and he would always order a philly from this Italian joint. He'd have steak/cheese/grilled onions/grilled jalapeños/mayo/ketchup... he said that's how they eat up there. I tried it once and the mayo/ketchup was an experience. Not my every day philly but I did enjoy it.

Reactions: coolwaterunc
I actually don't mind condiments. I enjoy the 56 exactly how it comes but I'll try different ways. I worked w a guy from Philly and he would always order a philly from this Italian joint. He'd have steak/cheese/grilled onions/grilled jalapeños/mayo/ketchup... he said that's how they eat up there. I tried it once and the mayo/ketchup was an experience. Not my every day philly but I did enjoy it.
The only exception I'll make for condiments is chipotle mayo or something like that. Chipotle sauce and steak go very well together.

Reactions: toophly1124
would that not be a Philly Pizza Steak??

A few sub shops up here do something similar and call it a "Steak Pizzaiola"... usually my go to if I'm doing a hot sub - but 9 times outta 10 I stick to an Italian. My favorite spot makes it with hots (peppers) and an olive tapenade which is top notch.

Time for nominations is over. I will seed these bad boys and get a bracket set-up. Anyone object to me using number of Twitter followers as a somewhat objective tie breaker?

For better seeds, I'll probably use a random number generator to distinguish them... like teams with 8 and 9 votes for instance. Just number them 1 - 9 or whatever and draw straws. For teams on the bubble, I'll use Twitter followers.

Time for nominations is over. I will seed these bad boys and get a bracket set-up. Anyone object to me using number of Twitter followers as a somewhat objective tie breaker?

For better seeds, I'll probably use a random number generator to distinguish them... like teams with 8 and 9 votes for instance. Just number them 1 - 9 or whatever and draw straws. For teams on the bubble, I'll use Twitter followers.
As long as Bojangles wins no problem with me.

Reactions: JuleZ '02 HEEL

The only issue with using twitter is that it will give national chains a huge advantage over regional chains just because of name recognition.

Reactions: coolwaterunc
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT