ADVERTISEMENT

VA - Asheville project

mtpeke

All-American
Feb 7, 2007
Hi fellow Tar Heels,
My scout troop is collecting funds in order to gift Girl Scout cookies to the local VA Hospital. Last year we were able to take about 5 cases there. These men and women are able to enjoy the cookies as a part of their coffee cart which provides coffee/snack to people living long term at the VA or visiting for treatment. This is our 4th year doing this. My daughter really enjoys her time playing bingo with the people who are then in their long term assisted living/nursing facility. Honestly, I was so moved by how much these men enjoyed the treat that we as a troop have continued the donations every year since.

You can mail or send via pay pal a donation. 1 box is $4. Just email me at wncgstroop26@yahoo.com and I can send you our troop address or paypal account info.

I will provide you a tax deductible receipt for your donation.

We have about 3 weeks left and so far have raised enough to take 1 case (12 boxes). Any help is appreciated.

Go Heels!

Alicia

PS> Thanks Billy for your donation again this year!

photos of our girls at the VA

Glad to contribute, I get to help out our Veterans and the Girl Scouts all in one motion. Win-win for all . .
cool.r191677.gif

It is very much appreciated!... So far we have raised enough money for 12 boxes (a case)... I hope we can donate at least 3 or 4 cases by the end of cookie season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT