ADVERTISEMENT

We will land G.G.

Bang! Bang!

070008-F2-5118-408-A-B6-DD-AB5-F424-B9-BE2.jpg

This is the week right?!?!?! The longer it goes on, and the more schools that get into it, is not something I love.... soo heres to a GG commit this week

You a football fan right, did you have a problem when Travis Shaw had his event, how about Little, was there a problem when he put that UNC hat on at his event? If you didn't have a problem with them doing it the way they did why would you take issue with the #1 recruit in his class having his announcement moment? These kids look forward to making this announcement, there with TV cameras surrounded by their friends and family, it is a moment of pride in accomplishment that judging by the length of this thread Tar Heel fans can't wait for.

It is GGs moment, let him have it in the way and manner he wants it to be, he earned that right.
Fair enough, but I prefer the way Coby White did it. Committed early with no fanfare at all. He came in and was an assassin from day one. That's the way it's done, son!

Now I’m worried….dook has just freed up another scholarship by getting rid of k’s grandson

I get that he's pretty much a "silent verbal" and that this is probably a done deal, but I really wish he'd just pull the trigger and make it official already. Or at least a concrete announcement date. Every day he doesn't gives Dook or some slimeball coach a chance to weasel their way in.

If he's a lock then what he's waiting for?

I get that he's pretty much a "silent verbal" and that this is probably a done deal, but I really wish he'd just pull the trigger and make it official already. Or at least a concrete announcement date. Every day he doesn't gives Dook or some slimeball coach a chance to weasel their way in.

If he's a lock then what he's waiting for?
on TOS and I believe a thread here as well, there is a "rumor" that hes coming to UNC and that he is looking at reclassifying to this year and that kerwin is transferring, again RUMOR so take it for what its worth, if its somewhat true, then maybe the hold up is just making sure all the ducks are in a row and hes fine academically and all that? But I am with you, I wont believe any of it untill I see it and the longer it goes on, means more and more other schools can keep prying which scares me

on TOS and I believe a thread here as well, there is a "rumor" that hes coming to UNC and that he is looking at reclassifying to this year and that kerwin is transferring, again RUMOR so take it for what its worth, if its somewhat true, then maybe the hold up is just making sure all the ducks are in a row and hes fine academically and all that? But I am with you, I wont believe any of it untill I see it and the longer it goes on, means more and more other schools can keep prying which scares me
That's a rumor from Facebook that has spread.

People really need to stop using Facebook.

Reactions: al would
Just total speculation on my part but I do wonder if maybe from GG's end, that maybe they have re-visited the reclassification question again? It was NEVER pushed by UNC, that was all the game cocks pushing that but could that have planted the seed in their minds?

Think about it, maybe he likes the idea of coming now, being able to walk in to Manek's starting position and be on a team favored to get back to the natty game this season. Think about this, RJ/Love/Leaky/GG/Bacot start for us next season with Puff/Trimble/Washington as primary guys off the bench with maybe Styles in there to. Guy that would be the pre-season #1 team in the country by a strong margin. If you are GG, you would have to at very least consider this, even if you initially were not hot for the idea?

Because only one school was pushing him to reclassify and it wasn't UNC.
Why would you choose to reclassify at USC to finish bottom 5 in the SEC, when you could reclassify at UNC and win a national championship. Like it was just said, just because South Carolina gave him the idea to do it, doesn't mean a light bulb didn't go off that he could do that with a better team. I never was assuming he was waiting to see if he was reclassifying to USC. It just would make a lot of sense if the hold up was to reclassify to UNC, if he is in fact coming. Hubert isn't going to push someone out to bring him in, but if Kerwin decides to move on then it definitely opens the possibility for him to go ahead and reclassify, get a Marvin Williams esque experience and possibly start, and be a lottery pick.

Why would you choose to reclassify at USC to finish bottom 5 in the SEC, when you could reclassify at UNC and win a national championship. Like it was just said, just because South Carolina gave him the idea to do it, doesn't mean a light bulb didn't go off that he could do that with a better team. I never was assuming he was waiting to see if he was reclassifying to USC. It just would make a lot of sense if the hold up was to reclassify to UNC, if he is in fact coming. Hubert isn't going to push someone out to bring him in, but if Kerwin decides to move on then it definitely opens the possibility for him to go ahead and reclassify, get a Marvin Williams esque experience and possibly start, and be a lottery pick.
He doesn't want to reclassify. Let it go.

The entire idea came from Frank Martin trying to save his job.

I am glad he is not reclassifying, that deal does not seem to work out for most guys that reclass and frankly, I think we need him more in his original class than the current one. I want to see Washington get his game legs back under him and have next season of experience to go along with GG, so together they can relieve the sting of losing Bacot after next season.

The NCAA rules. Recruited scholarship players can not switch and become walkons.
Can you point me to a source for this? I searched for it when someone assured me this was not true, and I could at no point find anything that said this. I saw a lot saying scholarships are one year contracts and can be pulled from players after a season with almost no consequence but needed legit reasoning during the actual year if midyear.

Can you point me to a source for this? I searched for it when someone assured me this was not true, and I could at no point find anything that said this. I saw a lot saying scholarships are one year contracts and can be pulled from players after a season with almost no consequence but needed legit reasoning during the actual year if midyear.
It's been discussed quite frequently on premium boards in the past, including by the guys who run InsideCarolina, but no I cant point you to the exact page in the giant NCAA rule book where this rule is located.

If you recruit a kid as a scholarship player, he can only ever be a scholarship player at your school. If you pull the scholarship, he's done playing for your school. The only wiggle room is for recruited walk-ons, like Wes Miller or Jackson Simmons. They can go back and forth between walk on and scholarship status. Recruited scholarship players can not be moved to walk-on status and still be eligible to play. It's a rule the NCAA passed to prevent schools from trying to bypass the 13 scholarship limit.

Could you ask a new kid to walk on, then ask him to autograph a ball, pay him 200k per NIL, and save a scholarship for another player?

It's been discussed quite frequently on premium boards in the past, including by the guys who run InsideCarolina, but no I cant point you to the exact page in the giant NCAA rule book where this rule is located.

If you recruit a kid as a scholarship player, he can only ever be a scholarship player at your school. If you pull the scholarship, he's done playing for your school. The only wiggle room is for recruited walk-ons, like Wes Miller or Jackson Simmons. They can go back and forth between walk on and scholarship status. Recruited scholarship players can not be moved to walk-on status and still be eligible to play. It's a rule the NCAA passed to prevent schools from trying to bypass the 13 scholarship limit.
Well, Keepingitheel has stated schools have a way to bypass being out of scholarships, and I am unsure of what they are referring to. And said this is why we are reaching out to Baylor Scheirman

From what I’ve read we actually didn’t reach out to Baylor Scheirman, Jeff Goodman tweeted that we had! He’s a moron by the way! Same thing happened with Kendric Davis I think! Somebody reported that we reached out but actually never did! TOS reported that we never made contact

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT