ADVERTISEMENT

We will land G.G.

Hope he shows up in CH. But the word I am hearing from friends out of Columbia. They seemed to indicate that he only plans to be in school one year, and that his college choice will simply be the highest bidder.

Hope he shows up in CH. But the word I am hearing from friends out of Columbia. They seemed to indicate that he only plans to be in school one year, and that his college choice will simply be the highest bidder.
Then go to g league

Could this be arguably the best week in Carolina.bball history, beat our fierce rival in a final four game and send out the rat on the loss. Win a national championship on Monday then have the number one prospect in America commit on Wednesday.. I LIKE IT

Could this be arguably the best week in Carolina.bball history, beat our fierce rival in a final four game and send out the rat on the loss. Win a national championship on Monday then have the number one prospect in America commit on Wednesday.. I LIKE IT
This a great month for UNC basketball.
My favorite week was 1993 - Dean Smith finally wins a 2nd championship and visits Rasheed Wallace literally the next day to get a commitment.
So Tar Heel Nation was getting basically entire championship team back while adding Stackhouse, Wallace, and McInnis. That team should've gone undefeated in 1994 but went on to be a huge disappointment.

That win over dook in the rats last game in the barn in derm along with the win last night in the final 4 by a first year head coach is a massive recruiting coup. Hubert, in a couple weeks, has negated all the bad publicity of the past and put UNC as a target destination for recruits over dook, and the face, hands down !!

I think those two wins pushed dooks program over a cliff .. jmho

Anything new on an announcement?
It is now just a matter of GGs schedule allowing them to set up his announcement, my understanding is they wanted to at least be able to give a commit date this week, it is a logistic thing at this point. I have told you all along where he was going to commit, took a while to get momma on board but now she is also on board (major shout out to the gamecocks for firing Frank Martin, thanks for helping us get mom on board with her son playing for UNC), no surprises from me now.

Reactions: shun1 and TheGLOV
It is now just a matter of GGs schedule allowing them to set up his announcement, my understanding is they wanted to at least be able to give a commit date this week, it is a logistic thing at this point. I have told you all along where he was going to commit, took a while to get momma on board but now she is also on board (major shout out to the gamecocks for firing Frank Martin, thanks for helping us get mom on board with her son playing for UNC), no surprises from me now.
With his hopeful pending commitment. I have to think getting the number one player in the class is something that can really jumpstart HD recruiting and allow UNC to really be able to get multiple 5 star guys

He could just release a statement saying who he is committing to and not have to worry about his schedule.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Predictions mean nothing everyone has one. I’m sure he will end up at dook like everyone else and may even stay in the 2023 class. If he does reclassify then just add another 5* to their 2022 haul.

I hope so but with our luck wouldn’t be surprised at all
Look, I totally get the recruitiing PTSD, but the dook thing is more in the lazy narratives of the usual-suspect "pundits" than in reality (despite dook throwing the NIL version of their normal graft at him).

He could just release a statement saying who he is committing to and not have to worry about his schedule.
You a football fan right, did you have a problem when Travis Shaw had his event, how about Little, was there a problem when he put that UNC hat on at his event? If you didn't have a problem with them doing it the way they did why would you take issue with the #1 recruit in his class having his announcement moment? These kids look forward to making this announcement, there with TV cameras surrounded by their friends and family, it is a moment of pride in accomplishment that judging by the length of this thread Tar Heel fans can't wait for.

It is GGs moment, let him have it in the way and manner he wants it to be, he earned that right.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT