ADVERTISEMENT

We will land G.G.

I just watched something on YouTube about the 08-09 team and my first thought was how did Roy get guys like Lawson and Ellington to stay in school for three years, lol. Might be a bit of a homer statement, but I legitimately think that might have been the best CBB ever. That team had every box checked.
Don't know about the best ever, but they may well be the last truly great college team you will see.

Reactions: TheGLOV
sean miller might be in cola right now…trying to find out.

this hire would be completely out of character for this institution and would shock me…it’s a scream of desperation, imo.

Quote from GG sounds like he is dook bound:

“I haven’t spoken to Duke coaches in a while because they’re all pretty locked into the tournament, obviously. I have been communicating with the players, though. But with the players and the coaches it’s constant love and feedback.”

• Wow

“I haven’t spoken to Duke coaches in a while because they’re all pretty locked into the tournament, obviously. I have been communicating with the players, though. But with the players and the coaches it’s constant love and feedback.”
The dookies get another OAD mercenary! What a shock!

Why does that make it sound like he's dook bound? Is UNC not locked into the tournament? Do our players and coaches not show him "love and feedback"? I mean, I really don't care where the kid goes for his 1 year of college. He's obviously a very talented player, but who really gives a shit where he goes? I don't...........I really don't.

This is what he said about UNC:

“I texted with [North Carolina head coach Hubert] Davis before they played the UCLA game and gave him my opinion on what that game was going to be like and all that,” Jackson said. “It’s always all love with him and all love around there. I liked watching them. They don’t play as many guys as other programs do, so this [tournament run] surprised me a little. Obviously Coach Hubert knows what he’s doing, though. It seems like all the coaches and the players are always on the same page.”

Reactions: ChapelHeeled
The comment about not playing as many guys as some programs is not a good look. You don't want that perception out there among kids. I know why Hubert has done it (wins), but he's gotta get rid of that perception if he wants to recruit at a high level. And that's not to mention the fact that playing 5 or 6 guys all the minutes is also unsustainable over the long haul.

Reactions: tarwhiz
so wait…the coaches in durham don’t have time to talk to an elite prospect but hubert, the head coach, will text about a matchup?

how is this bad for carolina?…if anything it shows how a coach and a staff treat players.

from the information that’s been given to me, i’d be shocked if it’s durham…scarolina had a better shot because of the other circumstances in play before frank was canned.

I’ll tell you why i ‘think’ he is dook bound or sounds like he is dook bound.
He has a rapport with all the programs and coaches. That’s a lot of time dedicated to communicating, not to mention his family and friends.
What tipped me was his mention of communicating with dook players. That reveals to me a next level of bias.
Is it possible that he is communicating with players from all programs? sure. unlikely imo. he specifically referred to dook players. we all know how influential a player can be (ie bacot)

Last edited:
I’ll you why i ‘think’ he is dook bound or sounds like he is dook bound.
He has a rapport with all the programs and coaches. That’s a lot of time dedicated to communicating, not to mention his family and friends.
What tipped me was his mention of communicating with dook players. That reveals to me a next level of bias.
Is it possible that he is communicating with players from all programs? sure. unlikely imo. he specifically referred to dook players. we all know how influential a player can be (ie bacot)
You're trying to read tea leaves that simply aren't there, IMO. These are KIDS. They don't think nearly as deeply as you seem to believe they do. They answer questions with whatever comes to mind at the moment.

The writing on the wall seems to point to duke, and usally when there is smoke there is fire... I could understand the coach K thing, but for scheyer who has done NOTHING as a head coach as of yet to just be killing it on the recuriting trail is insane to me, but it is what it is. Maybe and just maybe GG watched the end of the st peters game and saw just how much HD cared about his players and vice versa, maybe that will help sway them. That being said, if he really has made up his descion, why would he be texting both teams? that seems a little strange to me

If we are gonna be insane about it all, i just looked at GG instagram and hes does follow, armando, unc basketball, coby white and leaky black along with a number of duke players and some SC players

This is what he said about UNC:

“I texted with [North Carolina head coach Hubert] Davis before they played the UCLA game and gave him my opinion on what that game was going to be like and all that,” Jackson said. “It’s always all love with him and all love around there. I liked watching them. They don’t play as many guys as other programs do, so this [tournament run] surprised me a little. Obviously Coach Hubert knows what he’s doing, though. It seems like all the coaches and the players are always on the same page.”
Thanks I was about to post that so we shall see

I saw some info that Hubert went to go visit GG Tuesday night. I hope that’s right. Is that a good sign or UNC is slipping and it’s his last ditch effort. Anyone heard any solid details?

Reactions: TheGLOV and tarwhiz
There was a interview by a reporter named Marc Ryan, in it his high school coaches has a comment that says "I belive his mind is about 80 percent made up and hes not looking at it as a four year decision. hes looking at it as a 40 year decision, and academics are incredibly important" If i remember correctly that was a quote form mack brown so take with that as you want, maybe it means nothing maybe its a subtle hint inadvertently. He also says his guess is north carloina but its not a firm take... FWITW

Counter point:

UNC Basketball Recruiting: Tar Heels heavily in the mix for G.G. Jackson​

Counter point:

UNC Basketball Recruiting: Taheels heavily in the mix for G.G. Jackson​

One of these days glov, you are gonna listen to me, I have told you for months now where GG will end up, that has not changed. GG and his family know who they are talking to so we get things that may seem to cloud up the issue. But what have I told ya for months now? Have a lil faith!

GG did visit with the coach that South Carolina finally got to take the job, I believe on Monday. Some seem to think that he has about eliminated South Carolina because he had developed a good relationship with Martin. One thing that I thought was telling about their meeting. Most say that his mama is the biggest voice of influence with him. Mama wasn't there. Now did she have a true conflict and the new coach couldn't adjust his schedule, or is she ticked that Martin got fired? This will all play out, but have to figure UNC is in a better position with him.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGLOV and tarwhiz
GG did visit with the coach that South Carolina finally got to take the job, I believe on Monday. Some seem to think that he has about eliminated South Carolina because he had developed a good relationship with Martin. One thing that I thought was telling about their meeting. Most say that his mama is the biggest voice of influence with him. Mama wasn't there. Now did she have a true conflict and the need coach couldn't adjust his schedule, or is she ticked that Martin got fired? This will all play out, but have to figure UNC is in a better position with him.
Mama, WAS the South Carolina link. Her not being at what would have been a first meeting with the new coach speaks volumes. South Carolina.....EXIT LEFT!
And then there was 2.......

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT