ADVERTISEMENT

What is a Wal Mart fan?

Aug 29, 2013
I keep hearing this a lot and it seems kinda condescending? Ive never, ever seen it on other boards. Is it unique to this one and TOS? Or is it specific to this fan base mentality?

Will someone explain?

A Wal Mart fan is a person who has little use for K-Mart and Target.

In sports terms, it is a slur on fans of a college team who did not attend the school: the fans bought their hats and shirts at Wal Mart. I think the most I have ever heard it used is by Moo fans directed at UNC fans. You'd think they would at least include Dook fans, but they rarely do.

If no schools had fans, including deeply passionate ones, who were not graduates of the school, then college sports would be much smaller than it is. So I welcome Wal Mart fans to the UNC wagon. In fact, I much prefer Wal Mart fans of all UNC sports than UNC grads who are basketball-onlys.

My favorite Wal mart of all time is my former veterinarian. He went to Tennessee for his BS and Auburn for Vet school. But his parents were both Alabama grads, and he is a huge Tide man. He is what I would call a small time Bama booster. And he hates both Tennessee and Auburn sports. hates 'em, the way I hate Dook and MooU and Tennessee.

I wish UNC football had a whole bunch of Wal Mart fans like that.

Reactions: Raising Heel
It can refer to "basketball only" fans of schools like dook/UNC/UK/KU or football only fans of OSU/USC/Alabama/Oklahoma. It's a derogatory term regardless.

Here you go:

BiQFp99CIAAPI5U.jpg:large

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT