ADVERTISEMENT

Who do you feel will be the next recruit to committ to UNC

I don't think he necessarily minds being pitched as a OAD, Dave. That would be flattering to any recruit's ego. But if he has more than a cursory interest in an education, as opposed to serving a mandatory 6 months college sentence, we have a big advantage over UK there. And I think he and his family like the Family approach/environment at UNC. In those regards, we're second to none.

When PJ has been asked about UNC, he seems to consistently go back to the feeling of "family", being impressed at how many former players treat Chapel Hill as their second home, so yeah the family aspect is big for us.

Yeah, any kid will enjoy a one & done pitch but what if one & done isn't what most interests you? Framed this way, I look and see that I am projected late first round or could fall to second round then the one & done pitch may not resonate as well.

I think the real question regarding his recruitment is if HE thinks he's OAD. You have to pitch at least that opportunity if he thinks he is one.

That has been stated several times in several places.
Not saying you are wrong Mike, I just have not seen much discussed about this. But you may have access to some info I have not seen. But I do agree with the "may not be one & done" statement.

I think the real question regarding his recruitment is if HE thinks he's OAD. You have to pitch at least that opportunity if he thinks he is one.
Yet another BINGO!

1 half of the question is what if he thinks he is one & done, the other half is what if he is not so certain that he is?

When PJ has been asked about UNC, he seems to consistently go back to the feeling of "family", being impressed at how many former players treat Chapel Hill as their second home, so yeah the family aspect is big for us.

Yeah, any kid will enjoy a one & done pitch but what if one & done isn't what most interests you? Framed this way, I look and see that I am projected late first round or could fall to second round then the one & done pitch may not resonate as well.
So, does this surprise anyone???
http://www.coachcal.com/40621/2016/10/family-the-theme-of-the-night-at-big-blue-madness/

Cal is like a used car salesman. He doesn't miss many tricks. And as a Carolina fan, I naturally feel that our Family environment is genuine and UK's manufactured. But no one works every angle of recruiting to the Nth degree like Cal.

Most of the guys in the business seem to think our best bet is Knox. That is the only clue I have.

There is little chance that the Heels will sign both Knox and PJ. The Heels will be lucky to get one of them.

There is little chance that the Heels will sign both Knox and PJ. The Heels will be lucky to get one of them.
I prefer to think that we aren't getting any of the 3 because that way I don't have to be disappointed and can be pleasantly surprised if we do.

Reactions: carolinablue34
Yet another BINGO!

1 half of the question is what if he thinks he is one & done, the other half is what if he is not so certain that he is?
The feeling within his family is that he may not be OAD. Now exactly which family members feel that way or whether it's unanimous I don't know.

The feeling within his family is that he may not be OAD. Now exactly which family members feel that way or whether it's unanimous I don't know.

Gary, I "believe" it is closer to all than to some, I think you understand what I mean by that and maybe that does not hurt our chances at all...

Reactions: gary-7
Gary, I "believe" it is closer to all than to some, I think you understand what I mean by that and maybe that does not hurt our chances at all...

If that's the case then they also have to be concerned about the 2018 class for UK and Cal bringing in guys over him. I like that our commits for 2018 so far are not competing positions for PJ.

Reactions: gary-7 and DSouthr
Well, neither PJ or Vandy are waiting to see who leaves from UK before committing.

Because it's less about who leaves and more about who's coming in. Cal usually shows favoritism to the new, young talent on the team anyway. So I'd bet Vanderbilt or PJ would rather compete with SKJ (and/or Gabriel) than each other. Hence why they wouldn't both go to the same school.

Archer, I absolutely 100% agree !!! Archer, you & I may not always agree, we make our case for why we believe what we do as strong as we can but in the end and once our case is laid out we either agree or agree to disagree. That to me is what this is all about, what this site or at least the discussion boards on this site are all about.
A few months ago I found myself being drawn into squabbles by the same two or three posters. That made me as distractive as the posters I was trying to prevent from being distractive. At that point, I made a decision not to allow that to happen anymore. And for the most part, I've found that it really hasn't been that hard to keep myself from being drawn into arguments. I state my points, listen to their points, and if we still don't see eye to eye, I agree to disagree whether they do or not. It's nigh impossible for someone to argue with you if you don't allow them to.

I think anyone who's been here for any length of time develops a feel for our fellow posters and how much credence we give to their posts. It's only natural that we consider some posters' opinions more valid than the opinions of others. Sometimes it is a matter of how much their opinions align with ours, sometimes how they express those opinions, and sometimes how they respond to opposing opinions. In that manner, I don't consider all opinions to be equal, but the right to express them should be.

I've enjoyed my time here more since I decided not to engage with those who would squabble for the sake of squabbling(and I'm not pointing fingers at anyone). Maybe you should try doing the same, buddy.

A few months ago I found myself being drawn into squabbles by the same two or three posters. That made me as distractive as the posters I was trying to prevent from being distractive. At that point, I made a decision not to allow that to happen anymore. And for the most part, I've found that it really hasn't been that hard to keep myself from being drawn into arguments. I state my points, listen to their points, and if we still don't see eye to eye, I agree to disagree whether they do or not. It's nigh impossible for someone to argue with you if you don't allow them to.

I think anyone who's been here for any length of time develops a feel for our fellow posters and how much credence we give to their posts. It's only natural that we consider some posters' opinions more valid than the opinions of others. Sometimes it is a matter of how much their opinions align with ours, sometimes how they express those opinions, and sometimes how they respond to opposing opinions. In that manner, I don't consider all opinions to be equal, but the right to express them should be.

I've enjoyed my time here more since I decided not to engage with those who would squabble for the sake of squabbling(and I'm not pointing fingers at anyone). Maybe you should try doing the same, buddy.

I usually stay above all that.

Honest!

:D

Reactions: mikeirbyusa
Just saw where Vandys mom said hes ready to commit in January. Wish it was earlier

Is it just me or does that read funny? LOL

I can handle ready to commit and I can handle going to commit in Jan, putting the 2 together strikes me like saying I am ready to take a shower next week? LOL

Reactions: alabamaheel
Is it just me or does that read funny? LOL

I can handle ready to commit and I can handle going to commit in Jan, putting the 2 together strikes me like saying I am ready to take a shower next week? LOL
Thought the same thing, but wanted to quote what she said.

Is it? Our average recruit rank is somewhere in the 100s. If we get wash or van or Knox then I'd say it's a pretty good class. Right now though, it's Wolpfack or Clemson level. In my opinion of course.

Anyway, I also have an eerie feeling our next commit may not be for this class. I'm holding out hope though.
Hate to say it but you're spot on!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT