ADVERTISEMENT

Who is the new OC?

It is always about the guy first. Talking about how you would put up the money is meaningless if the guy for whom you would put up the money would not take it.

Perhaps you live in too much of a fairy dreamland. In this case, that dreamland would have 2 components: that that UNC would pay a coordinator (who has not even won a National Championship as coordinator) nearly 2 million per year and the other that Lebby would leave his alma mater for a lesser program.
Two things. One, despite what you think, you aren't the expert at evaluating coaches that you think you are. Second, you don't know what someone will do unless you ask. I've never been a P5 coach, but to my knowledge you don't have to give up anything to make a phone call. Even if it's a long shot.

Hearing he wasn't Mack's first choice..
Rumors will always fly around. Important thing is that Drake signed off on it and met with Lindsey before the hire was announced. Chip has put up big numbers everywhere he's been and is well thought of in the football industry. UNC will be very balanced as his teams have put up killer numbers on the ground as well as the pass.

Reactions: CURRY2WOODYR80
Rumors will always fly around. Important thing is that Drake signed off on it and met with Lindsey before the hire was announced. Chip has put up big numbers everywhere he's been and is well thought of in the football industry. UNC will be very balanced as his teams have put up killer numbers on the ground as well as the pass.
Awesome.... Les Go!!

I definitely don't expect the offense to be as good next season!

Last edited:
I definitely don't expect the offense to be as good next season!
Losing Downs hurts. But better RZ calling could help.

Honestly, any modern offenses plus Maye's arm, stride, and vision should make it easy to move tween the 20's. But if we add a stud WR and the OL either keeps most returnees or adds someone new, then I think we can be as good as 2022 in 2023. Oh, and find a system that keeps our signals secure - lots of folks think GT had our signals.

If the RZ doesn't improve then Maye might be a tiny bit better at getting rid of the ball, in addition to little improvements in recognizing stuff, which *could* help makeup for the loss of Downs.

Am I drunk on the koolaid already?

• Haha
Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-

Honestly, any modern offenses plus Maye's arm, stride, and vision should make it easy to move tween the 20's. But if we add a stud WR and the OL either keeps most returnees or adds someone new, then I think we can be as good as 2022 in 2023. Oh, and find a system that keeps our signals secure - lots of folks think GT had our signals.

If the RZ doesn't improve then Maye might be a tiny bit better at getting rid of the ball, in addition to little improvements in recognizing stuff, which *could* help makeup for the loss of Downs.

I dunno anything about this guy. UNC has a lot of talented players. Longo left a lot of talent and went to a freezing cold climate at a Big 10 school. If more players exit, UNC is in trouble. It's already in trouble. It's the same as always. You can talk yourself into half-empty or half-full.

Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-

GT wasn't stealing our signals. They just ran through us. No different than the year before.

Reactions: strummingram
I dunno anything about this guy. UNC has a lot of talented players. Longo left a lot of talent and went to a freezing cold climate at a Big 10 school. If more players exit, UNC is in trouble. It's already in trouble. It's the same as always. You can talk yourself into half-empty or half-full.
Longo left for more money, his wife is from Wiscy, gets to play alongside his friend and implement the Air Raid in the B1G. He's from Jersey, I don't think the cold bothers him. As far as attrition, they either lost guys that didn't play or pushed guys out that were going to get bypassed in 2023. They'll start adding from the portal this weekend to bolster the DL/WR/OL/DB groups. Key, as always, will be developing some of these younger guys that will have larger roles in 2023. We all thought the defense would be better and the offense wouldn't be as good going in 2022, the opposite happened. Per usual with UNC football, we'll be taken on a ride in 2023.

"Am I drunk on the koolaid already? "
"Am I drunk on the koolaid already? "

might as well be

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT