ADVERTISEMENT

Wow! Wouldn't Robinson-Earl have been a real nice addition to the 2019 class?

I saw half a game with Green and JRE. JRE wasn't bad but Green was clearly the best player on the floor.

Bacot and (2020 prospect) Jaden Springer were in that same game. Springer was clearly the 2nd best player on the floor.

After hearing that Springer really wanted an offer from us, it's a little disturbing to see that he is still listed as "cool" toward us after receiving that offer. I hope that changes.

Reactions: TheGLOV
I would not say WOW.. There are so many good players. We knew that we were losing Maye, C. Johnson, K. Williams and almost certainly Little. I would have offered every prospect in the top 125 who seemed to be of high character. Offer ends after the first four spots are accepted.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Would have loved to have Nnaji from this class, or Darius Days from the class before. We've missed on a number of PFs now. Washington, Vanderbilt, Knox, Days, Laszewski, JRE, Nnaji, Hurt, Achiuwa (probably).

Kinda crazy that in the last 5 classes the only PFs we've signed are Maye and Brooks.

Last edited:
I saw half a game with Green and JRE. JRE wasn't bad but Green was clearly the best player on the floor.

Bacot and (2020 prospect) Jaden Springer were in that same game. Springer was clearly the 2nd best player on the floor.

After hearing that Springer really wanted an offer from us, it's a little disturbing to see that he is still listed as "cool" toward us after receiving that offer. I hope that changes.

I'm certain that, after some coach Roy seasoning, JRE would shine!!

I would not say WOW.. There are so many good players. We knew that we were losing Maye, C. Johnson, K. Williams and almost certainly Little. I would have offered every prospect in the top 125 who seemed to be of high character. Offer ends after the first four spots are accepted.
That doesn't make much sense. By your logic Roy should take the players ranked 122-125 instead of 1-4 if the former accepted first.

That doesn't make much sense. By your logic Roy should take the players ranked 122-125 instead of 1-4 if the former accepted first.

Plus, it's obvious the 122-125 will likely accept before 1-4 even cut lists.

So if @Leah D were running things we'd have a team full of 3 stars. Don't give up your day job.

Reactions: carolinablue34
How about everybody in the top 40? Or top 60?

We tend not to get enough in the top 10 to worry about whether someone ranked 32 displaces someone ranked 10.

I assumed @Leah D's comment was at least semi-sarcastic. But making the point that we are missing good players in, say, the 40-100 range by holding fast too long to a limited number of offers to guys we rarely get.

I'm sympathetic to that concern.

We should definitely offer the best players. And, sure, stick with them for a while if things look promising. But not to the point that we sacrifice chances with guys in the next tier.

I really have no idea how recruiting works. But if we are holding out for #15 and #52 really wants to commit to us, I don't see why we don't tell #15, it's time to fish or cut bait. Give him first right of refusal. Give him a couple of weeks to decide. Remind him how much we want him and how good the fit is for both of us. But if he isn't interested enough, pull the plug.

I'd be grateful if someone who knows recruiting better would explain how these things really go - and how we can find ourselves with no choice but to take guys in the 200+ range.

Reactions: gauchoheel

I watched the Geico semifinals and finals. I thought JRE looked like the best player on the team, with Green and Springer coming next. Bacot was solid but not great in those two games, though one of them came against Isiah Stewart and I thought he did a good job defensively on him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT