ADVERTISEMENT

WSJ: Pending charges at top basketball programs

22221864_1238156936290804_156812449279395615_n.jpg

"I know it looks really bad," Williams said. "I don't know. I don't enjoy that part. But to paint the entire college basketball world like this I don't think it's fair either because I don't think that's what the entire college basketball world is all about. But it was just a shock to me."

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...north-carolina-says-nike-never-helped-program
"They've never helped me get any player, never insinuated, never done anything," Williams told ESPN in an exclusive interview on Monday.

Yeeeahhh, I don't buy Roy's "shock" either.
And here is what I will never say on radar. If Roy truly knows this stuff is going on (which is almost guaranteed at this point), why hasn't he said something? That is almost as bad in my opinion. I don't by this whole "coaches fraternity" crap.That goes for all of the other coaches that know as well.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"- Edmund Burke

And here is what I will never say on radar. If Roy truly knows this stuff is going on (which is almost guaranteed at this point), why hasn't he said something? That is almost as bad in my opinion. I don't by this whole "coaches fraternity" crap.That goes for all of the other coaches that know as well.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"- Edmund Burke
You know he has got to know. Not sure I would rat out other coaches either, would be a tough call. It would be like ratting out a dude that is running around on his lady and you all hang out a lot. What do you do?

Reactions: UNC71-00
You know he has got to know. Not sure I would rat out other coaches either, would be a tough call. It would be like ratting out a dude that is running around on his lady and you all hang out a lot. What do you do?
The problem though is it's not just one dude. It's a lot of dudes. If it's systemic, which it seems to be, then something needs to be said.

Reactions: nctransplant
Well, apparently all this mess has it looking like UNC may be in the drivers seat for LIttle.

I hate to break this to y'all, but if you do a little research you'll find ol' Roy ain't above ratting out a peer if he's convinced something shady is going/has gone on.

Reactions: TarHeelNation11
The problem though is it's not just one dude. It's a lot of dudes. If it's systemic, which it seems to be, then something needs to be said.

Ratface looks like he's half alive or maybe half dead!! He looks like he's fired up for the coming season!

Bring on Cape and let the truth come out!!! Go dookie dooo!

So apparently slick rick was getting 98% of the money from Louisville's deal with adidas.

Also, UL put their other assistants on suspension, so it's down to the interim coach running practice by himself. Oh jeez...

UL employeed the two sleaziest head coaches in D1. Pitino and Petrino... what a pair!

Well, it's down to one now but it won't be long until Petrino leaves or gets exposed in some scandal or another.

Wouldn't surprise me if eventually got caught up in something.

Look, I'm not rooting for any school to get crushed necessarily. Bad karma. But my hunch is that Kentucky had the same thing going on or still does. You're telling me none of those OADs were taking shoe money? Obviously there's no way to prove it right now, but calipari has a history of this shit. There's a reason why UK became the most popular OAD destination when he got there.

Christ, I sound like a radarian.

Wouldn't surprise me if eventually got caught up in something.

Look, I'm not rooting for any school to get crushed necessarily. Bad karma. But my hunch is that Kentucky had the same thing going on or still does. You're telling me none of those OADs were taking shoe money? Obviously there's no way to prove it right now, but calipari has a history of this shit. There's a reason why UK became the most popular OAD destination when he got there.

Christ, I sound like a radarian.
Yeah, it definitely looks fishy when your roster is two deep with 5 star talents (I know that's an exaggeration...). But Why would some of these cats choose to play partial minutes at U.K. when they could be the main man somewhere else?

Reactions: coolwaterunc
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT