ADVERTISEMENT

WTF? Theo...

Oh brother . .

Wishes for a speedy and complete recovery.

Fractured his 5th metatarsal. Hopefully the 6-8 week variety. Probably have him back by January

This could open the door for some of the young guys to get some experience early in the season. Then if Theo can return, they will have some added depth in the tournament.

This could open the door for some of the young guys to get some experience early in the season. Then if Theo can return, they will have some added depth in the tournament.
Hey I love the positive spin --- thought of that myself --- but a healthy and in-shape, full-speed Theo is a vital cog in this FF machine.

Reactions: trestyles
Right foot.

Yeah, he has broken both before I think. One in HS and then last year. Pretty big loss.

Edit: Looks like this is the first time he has broken this bone in his right foot. It is apparently the same bone he broke both times in his left foot though.

Last edited:
Yeah, he has broken both before I think. One in HS and then last year. Pretty big loss.

Edit: Looks like this is the first time he has broken this bone in his right foot. It is apparently the same bone he broke both times in his left foot though.

That's crazy

Dang, really hate this, do not want him to rush this coming back, if he needs to red shirt do it, but I do not want the kid to rush it back to soon, I do not want him to risk breaking it again and have long term cronic issues. Feel awful for the kid, he worked his butt off this off season to be more ready than he ever has and now this.

Reactions: RP12 and dgheel57
You really didnt think Theo wouldve started at SG?

Thou I was right that Theo was not going to be our starting 2, this is not the way I wanted to be right, I still consider it to be an open ended question that unfortunately may never be answered. But it ain't about who is right or wrong, it is only about wishing Theo a TOTAL 100% recovery. Nothing else really matters at this point.

Theo with his enthusiasm and spirit will be valuable even on the bench for a while and you can bet the house that he will push his teammates to play hard and smart during his absence.

Thou I was right that Theo was not going to be our starting 2, this is not the way I wanted to be right, I still consider it to be an open ended question that unfortunately may never be answered. But it ain't about who is right or wrong, it is only about wishing Theo a TOTAL 100% recovery. Nothing else really matters at this point.

there is no way in hell Theo wasnt the starting 2 on this team, it wasnt even close. But yeah its besides the point it sucks for him hes been totally snakebit his whole career.

Well, seeing this pretty much pissed on my afternoon. I hate it for Theo and for the team. Theo was ready for a breakout year and now when he finally gets back, he's gonna be pretty rusty. Sadly, we don't have a player on the roster that can do the multitude of things that Theo can. He is a Swiss Army knife. If Roy goes with Nate, you lose athletic ability, height and passing ability. If he goes with Kenny, it's kind of a complete unknown because we haven't seen him much. And to add to my pessimism, I think not having Theo against UK is gonna really hurt us.

Praying for a speedy recovery for Theo.

Reactions: gary-7
Even if he does come back after a few months you really have to question how effective he would be at that point. This really sucks.

Prolly looking at 10 weeks to 3 months recovery time . . and knowing how careful Roy is with injured players it may be longer.

there is no way in hell Theo wasnt the starting 2 on this team, it wasnt even close. But yeah its besides the point it sucks for him hes been totally snakebit his whole career.

I agree that Theo would have been the best 2 on the team (barring something unforeseen from Robinson, Kenny, or Seventh)- but we all know Roy, and Roy was starting a senior Nate at the 2 even if we had a freshman Jordan on this team. Think he liked Theo's versatility at the 3 and 4 too much to use all of his minutes at the 2.

I know you're upset,but that is Taboo and you know it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree that Theo would have been the best 2 on the team (barring something unforeseen from Robinson, Kenny, or Seventh)- but we all know Roy, and Roy was starting a senior Nate at the 2 even if we had a freshman Jordan on this team. Think he liked Theo's versatility at the 3 and 4 too much to use all of his minutes at the 2.

I really am not sure what some people are watching, but Im guessing its not the same sport as I am because Theo is so clearly the starting 2 guard for this team its almost like saying Joel wouldnt start at PG. Of course Im not saying hed play ALL his minutes at the 2, but hed certainly spend most his time there. Anyways you can read here where it says he was expected to be in unc's starting backcourt...

http://www.scout.com/college/north-carolina/story/1719699-pinson-out-indefinitely

I really am not sure what some people are watching, but Im guessing its not the same sport as I am because Theo is so clearly the starting 2 guard for this team its almost like saying Joel wouldnt start at PG. Of course Im not saying hed play ALL his minutes at the 2, but hed certainly spend most his time there. Anyways you can read here where it says he was expected to be in unc's starting backcourt...

http://www.scout.com/college/north-carolina/story/1719699-pinson-out-indefinitely
Well, that's not definitive since they actually got that very thing wrong last year, but yes, the thought inside the team is that Theo was indeed on his way to being this season's starter at the 2.

This sucks so much. Even looked like he was getting a consistent shot from 3 during the scrimmage. This sucks so much!!

Clean it up,not gonna warn you again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I assume redshirt will be discussed/considered? He deserves 2 full seasons to show off what he's capable of.

Yeah Id think thatd be on the table. Even though luckily this happened early if its serious enough Im not sure how effective theo will be if hes able to come back. If thats the case for his sake Id like to see him redshirt and get 2 full years..ugh poor kid.

Dang, really hate this, do not want him to rush this coming back, if he needs to red shirt do it, but I do not want the kid to rush it back to soon, I do not want him to risk breaking it again and have long term cronic issues. Feel awful for the kid, he worked his butt off this off season to be more ready than he ever has and now this.
He isn't going to redshirt. He should be back by mid December at the latest, I am sure.

Really sorry to hear that guys ! I was feeling he was going to be an extremely important cog for you guys this year , Hoping for a speedy recovery,

Reactions: shun1
This just sucks.

I wouldn't count on mid December for a foot injury. Especially with his history of foot problems.

That said, while it really sucks and I am seriously upset about it because Theo is one of our funner players on the team to watch, I think this could end up helping the team more by the end of the season. It should let the guys who are not as much as a finished product (yeah I think Theo is about there) get more games in and hopefully build their confidence and show out some to be able to provide more down the road in the season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT