ADVERTISEMENT

WTF? Theo...

HS stats for one. Practice stats for two. That form for three. He was a frosh last year and struggled. Not the first, nor the last. Bottom line is once he gets more comfortable at this level, those shots will go in.
Oh, what was his practice stats? Just curious. Tried googling and couldn't find them. = (

Both Williams and Robinson should use the first few games to launch threes until they hit 3-4 in a row. Only way to get past the psychological element is to keep shooting cause eventually, they're going to start dropping...like rain. Remember Paige last year when he could not buy a 3 for several games. Still envision Berry and Jackson driving the land with a kickback to Robinson and Williams for the 3.

Nate began last year shooting very well from 3-pt range and then tailed off considerably. He's an adequate defender but gives up a lot of size/weight to some SG's(Tripper Allen).

Still, he's a senior and Theo's injury provides him with a golden opportunity to step up and finish his career on a high note. I'm really pulling for him because he's a fine young man who has accepted his backup role with maturity, and because he could now be a crucial part of the winning equation.

I think he will respond well but unless he shoots lights out, I think his ability to defend larger SG's will be an issue. Coming in I thought his primary responsibility would be to play 8 MPG at PG and 5-7 more at SG. His role may have just been expanded significantly.

Some of you forget the D job Nate did on the Arkansas kid. He has it in him.
Well, in fairness that was mostly ball-hawking more than stoning someone.
That being said, Nate made a nice jump defensively last season (he had to or he was in danger of losing PT) and I think will be fine in flow as long as teams don't have chances to isolate him in half-court situations.

I hafta admit I was salivating at what we could throw at teams defensively with a "small" group of JB, KW, JJ, TP and a Big, but so much for that :oops:. In any event, KW's defense will be vital for us.

True belief in the Tar Heel way should overcome petty differences when a Family member gets injured. Many of these posts are disrespectful to TP who sacrificed a great deal of pain and hard work to be a Tar Heel

I hope TP will get well soon and that the team can use this as a motivating factor. I believe that TP will still have a great impact on the team from the bench: He will provide encouragement to his peeps when their heads go down; he will get in their faces when they lack effort; he will lighten the mood when things are tense; he will provide a joy in playing that boosts the team; and his passion for winning will lift them all!

AND he should redshirt, get 200%, get stronger, work on his shooting, and tear the ACC a new one next year!

I hafta admit I was salivating at what we could throw at teams defensively with a "small" group of JB, KW, JJ, TP and a Big, but so much for that :oops:. In any event, KW's defense will be vital for us.
So was I Gary, so was I. Our small lineup was very effective for us late last year. Alas, I don't think it will be employed nearly as much now, nor will it be as effective, much to our detriment.

TPFKAPFS, I don't see this thread as being disrespectful to Theo in any way. We all realize what a blow it was to our chances. We're simply trying to theorize how we might compensate. Most of the posts are a testament to how important he is to our team's chances.

Reactions: gary-7
Don't give up so easy guys. Theo will work his tail off to get back, pull/pray for him.

Reactions: gary-7
While I hate this has happened to Theo, it could be the very extra thing this particular team needs to push us thru the season and post season. I was concerned about how much PT 7th and BRob would really get and to a lesser extent Luke. But without Theo those guys have more minutes IMO, more minutes = more of a chance to learn and build their own confidence. Look at kenny last season, while so much has been made out of his going 1-13 on treys, the kid never really had the chance to settle in and play confident. With Marcus & Nate ahead of you then you are going to be lucky to get a minute a game. Either 7th or BRob was IMO looking at that very thing for this season until this injury to Theo.

Theo didn't die folks, he will be back somewhere between the end of Dec and Feb, will take him a minute to get in to game shape but he will be back if everything goes as scheduled at the very time we are making a push for post season bid. To have a confident and hopefully productive 7th and BRob when Theo does come back is not a bad thing at very least as we have to see things now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT