ADVERTISEMENT

Yale vs UNC game thread on: Monday 30 December 2019

IDUNK4HEELS

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2004
kernersville nc
First game in over a week against a 10-3 Bulldog team that have won 7 in a row including Clemson at Little John Coliseum. They have two big boys up front who will give Brooks and Bacot all they can handle.

I am mostly interested in two things during this clash at the Dean Dome. Number one: How will the layoff affect both teams early and Number two: If Francis does start at the point will that move make it easier for the bigs down low to get a bunch of bunnies when he drives to the hole hard from the left. Yes he is barely shooting over 20 percent from the floor but he has been great from the line and his many drives should help him get to the line a bunch.

With Harris and Francis now available to play the Tar Heels now have two more offensive weapons and options to turn to.

I think it will be another low scoring contest since Yale like Virginia is very deliberate on their offensive sets but in the end I feel a rejuvenated Carolina will pull away at the end and make it two wins in a row....

One more bit of info to pass especially for all of the people who enjoy piling on Platek for all of the UNC's early season problems, he will not be in uniform tonight due to a ankle injury.

Francis to start his 1st game for UNC.

1st of many hopefully. Amazing where this kid has come in the past year, it wasn't long where most of us (me included) that it would be best for him to redshirt this season.

I'd bet his worked his absolute butt off and it's paying off.

One thing Francis will need to work on is where he receives the outlet pass after a defensive rebound for us. I've counted twice that he's caught it behind the rebounder, which will never lead to a break or numbers in our favor.

He needs to anticipate the rebound a bit more and get up out in front for the outlet.

Minor thing but I'm sure Roy will say it during film review.

One thing Francis will need to work on is where he receives the outlet pass after a defensive rebound for us. I've counted twice that he's caught it behind the rebounder, which will never lead to a break or numbers in our favor.

He needs to anticipate the rebound a bit more and get up out in front for the outlet.

Minor thing but I'm sure Roy will say it during film review.

Yes, it will come. Just glad to see Francis in the starting lineup.

Monroe over Francis for a layup and then another three and it is 8-2 at the first tv timeout. BRob with two bricks so far. Brooks only attempt was blocked down low.

Absolutely pathetic. I could get myself and 8 guys from the neighborhood and run better offense then Carolina. I know for sure I could draw iron on a 10 foot wide open jump shot. Just brutal. April cant get here fast enough.

LOVE this lineup. Francis/Harris/Leaky/Brooks/Bacot.

Let's see what the + / - is on it. They entered the game down 11-8.

Francis is aggressive as hell. Definitely some Joel Berry in him when he drives - just no where near the jump shot that Berry eventually developed. Hope that comes also.

Reactions: mikeirbyusa
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT