ADVERTISEMENT

YES! WE ARE GOING TO PUT A WHIPPING ON THAT GEORGIA BULL DOG DONKEY

shun1

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 6, 2003
for those that don't like this topic can put your lips on my DONKEY.

and it won't be clean

!!!!!!!!!!!! GO TAR HEELS !!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Raising Heel
I agree Shun. A friend of mine has a son who graduated from UNC and a daughter who just graduated from UG. So he's sort of divided. His whole family is going down to watch the game. He had a pretty cool tee shirt made up with UNC and his son's graduation date underneath on one side and UG with his daughter's graduation date on the other. We have a friendly $10 bet on the game with me taking the Heels, of course.

Like you, I am very psyched for this game! Only 34 days and counting.

GO HEELS!

Reactions: shun1
I agree Shun. A friend of mine has a son who graduated from UNC and a daughter who just graduated from UG. So he's sort of divided. His whole family is going down to watch the game. He had a pretty cool tee shirt made up with UNC and his son's graduation date underneath on one side and UG with his daughter's graduation date on the other. We have a friendly $10 bet on the game with me taking the Heels, of course.

Like you, I am very psyched for this game! Only 34 days and counting.

GO HEELS!
Hi Archer, you are a good man & TAR HEEL SUPPORTER!

I am little disappointed in the response from my fellow posters. It doesn't matter what everyone says about our chances of winning are, daggumit you show the support and SPIRIT for your team to be a winner. I could care less what people think, they can put their lips on my DONKEY.

!!!!!!!!!!!! GO TAR HEELS !!!!!!!!!!!

Fear not shun, we have your back!

giphy.gif

I say we hang 50 on them and never look back. Seriously, we could be that good on offense.

Defense should be a lot better as well.

50-24, Heels roll them.

Reactions: maugwa and shun1
I say we hang 50 on them and never look back. Seriously, we could be that good on offense.

Defense should be a lot better as well.

50-24, Heels roll them.
Hi randman1, thank you for showing your support & SPIRIT for our UNC TAR HEELS!

Reactions: randman1
Hi randman1, thank you for showing your support & SPIRIT for our UNC TAR HEELS!

I like your spirit and am kind of shocked at some of the pessimism from some fans. First we should always be thinking we will win, and second, why in the world would we not expect to thrash them?

We've got a great, veteran O-line returning, great QB, maybe the best tandem in the country at RB and maybe the best WR corps in the nation. I just don't see it when people expect them to stop us.

Their best chance is to maul our O-line. Problem is we have a good O-line, maybe one of our best.

Defensively, I understand some cause for concern, but we'll have guys back like Naz Jones that were injured; young guys like Dalton developing; a terrific secondary, and are likely hungry to show they are not going to be pushovers. GA may run down our throat a bit but I don't think it will be like Baylor, and I do think we'll get a lot of stops and even pressure their QB a bit, and most importantly, deny them TDs in the red zone.

I was hyped us last year at this time yearning for a win against scar. Went to the game and was very disappointed in the TO's and the loss.
Well here I am again this year and once again I am jacked and ready to crush some dawg flesh. I'm thinking UGA might be the one choking this time around and hope to not be disappointed again. It still wouldn't matter like it didn't last year if we go undefeated in the ACC and on to the Championship. I agree with randman1 and say score 50 and never look back GO TAR HEELS!!!!!

I like your spirit and am kind of shocked at some of the pessimism from some fans. First we should always be thinking we will win, and second, why in the world would we not expect to thrash them?

We've got a great, veteran O-line returning, great QB, maybe the best tandem in the country at RB and maybe the best WR corps in the nation. I just don't see it when people expect them to stop us.

Their best chance is to maul our O-line. Problem is we have a good O-line, maybe one of our best.

Defensively, I understand some cause for concern, but we'll have guys back like Naz Jones that were injured; young guys like Dalton developing; a terrific secondary, and are likely hungry to show they are not going to be pushovers. GA may run down our throat a bit but I don't think it will be like Baylor, and I do think we'll get a lot of stops and even pressure their QB a bit, and most importantly, deny them TDs in the red zone.
Why are you shocked at "pessimism," or as I like to call it, realism? What in our recent history says we will win this game? Did you forget the SCar game last year? We dominated them in every facet and still gave them the game. I love Carolina Football....it's my favorite thing in the world, but I'm not naive or so blinded by fandom that I can't see that this program has a severe mental block when it comes to playing marquee games. If you re-do that SCar game last year and put the Gamecocks in green jerseys that said "Marshall" on the front, we would've won by 3+ touchdowns. But instead, the stage got the better of us (Marquise, yes, but it wasn't just him. Guys like Bug dropped passes when they were wide open).

Until we prove we can win a marquee game, I do not understand why you'd call it "pessimism" if I think we're going to find a way to lose against UGA. And trust me, I WANT this win badly. Everyone I know is a UGA fan.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
Why are you shocked at "pessimism," or as I like to call it, realism? What in our recent history says we will win this game? Did you forget the SCar game last year? We dominated them in every facet and still gave them the game. I love Carolina Football....it's my favorite thing in the world, but I'm not naive or so blinded by fandom that I can't see that this program has a severe mental block when it comes to playing marquee games. If you re-do that SCar game last year and put the Gamecocks in green jerseys that said "Marshall" on the front, we would've won by 3+ touchdowns. But instead, the stage got the better of us (Marquise, yes, but it wasn't just him. Guys like Bug dropped passes when they were wide open).

Until we prove we can win a marquee game, I do not understand why you'd call it "pessimism" if I think we're going to find a way to lose against UGA. And trust me, I WANT this win badly. Everyone I know is a UGA fan.

That was beginning of last season. After that, we really played well and even though we lost to Clemson, that was a bigger game than the scar game, and we played them fairly evenly. Marquise missed some passes but finally got into the groove, but the team overall played very well and were a touchdown away from possibly winning.

We did have 2 red zone turnovers but one of those wasn't so much on us but Clemson made a great play. Logan's fumble was a little harder to understand. But all in all, we were right there and could have won, and they were probably the best team in the nation even though they lost to Alabama.

Against Baylor, our offense didn't fold. Nor could Baylor stop them. We had guys out, lacked depth and experience on the D-line and they gamed us perfectly and ran all over us. Personally I blame the coaches for not adjusting. It's not our guys folded. They hit our weakness and outmatched us and we made very few adjustments to try to compensate. They were smart to avoid passing and our secondary.

So neither of those last 2 games did we fold mentally. We lost to Clemson due to Marquise taking so long to get going. My guess is he was still reeling from some particular hard hits and just took him awhile, and against Baylor, our defense just needed to get a couple of more stops. If we did that, we'd have won as our O was unstoppable.

I also thought they showed a lot of mental toughness to come from behind against GA Tech and put away a very determined VA Tech team.

These guys are not the same as they were during that SC game. They have that certain winning quality.

Would not be surprised to see us win by 4 TDs to be honest.

I understand THN's concerns, we have had major problems defeating big time programs. And I don't blame anyone for taking the "I'll have to see it to believe it" approach because we've all gotten our hopes up only to have them dashed many times before.

But I also understand Randman's optimism because I share it myself. We showed some grit last year that I haven't seen from a UNC football team in a while. And I think they're beginning to believe they can win a game like the ACCC game. I think we'll take another step forward this year. I think we beat Georgia in a very close game, something like 38-36.

Only 29 days and counting.

I understand THN's concerns, we have had major problems defeating big time programs. And I don't blame anyone for taking the "I'll have to see it to believe it" approach because we've all gotten our hopes up only to have them dashed many times before.

But I also understand Randman's optimism because I share it myself. We showed some grit last year that I haven't seen from a UNC football team in a while. And I think they're beginning to believe they can win a game like the ACCC game. I think we'll take another step forward this year. I think we beat Georgia in a very close game, something like 38-36.

Only 29 days and counting.
Though I have a "I'll have to see it to believe it" mindset, I still support the team and have season tickets and will be at the Georgia Dome on September 3rd. I wish more fans would turn out to Kenan to support the team. It's totally fine to have a "well, you need to prove to me you can win" mindset, but you still gotta show up and support the team. Nothing compares to a fall Saturday in Chapel Hill and Kenan. I wouldn't miss it for the world.

We're building something with Fedora and the staff he's assembled. It won't happen overnight, but it's in the making. And we're going to witness it, buddy. Can't tell you how much that excites me.
Gotta keep it rolling. Make sure you wear your Texas A&M hat every Saturday. I'm terrified that Sumlin will get fired. I think he's a massively overrated head coach. And that's the one job that Fedora would leave us for, IMHO.

Gotta keep it rolling. Make sure you wear your Texas A&M hat every Saturday. I'm terrified that Sumlin will get fired. I think he's a massively overrated head coach. And that's the one job that Fedora would leave us for, IMHO.

I don't even want to think about Fedora leaving. Let's just leave that idea alone. He's staying should be what we all think and what the entire program thinks. Just talk of him leaving can hurt recruiting and frankly actually believe he stays because he can become a legend here.

He can become the face and name most associated with Carolina football and build us into a powerhouse. The Gators used to suck at football. They are similarly ranked academic institution, though ranked considerably lower, but still considered one of the best public universities. If they can do it, we can do it too. Our fan base isn't there yet but it can be. It just takes some time.

We can become a top 10 football program year in and year out.

Yeah, that worries me too. And I agree about Sumlin being overrated. NTL, I hope he's successful there too. He's 36-16 in four years, an average of 9-4, and making $5 mil per year. That's pretty good but he's had back to back 8-5 seasons after starting out 11-2 his first year. Regardless, I hope he wins enough there for them to keep him another 8-10 years.

ETA: my hope is that by then Fedora will have built a program that he doesn't want to leave.

Last edited:
Biggest thing, imo, are the intangibles; leadership, team chemistry, mental toughness and execution. If we're as good at that as we were last year, I think every Heels fan should think we have a very good shot at literally being the best team in the nation or one of the most elite, and so of course we should expect to put a butt-whupping on the bull-dogs.

Reactions: maugwa
All right my fellow posters, will somebody explain to me why their seems to be a little shyness about cheering our UNC TAR HEELS TO VICTORY. It does not matter what people are saying about our chances of winning. I really don't give a DO-DO what other people say, I am wanting to encourage my fellow posters to just get in the CHEERING MODE TO CHEER OUR UNC TAR HEELS TO !!!!!!!!!!!! VICTORY !!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO TAR HEELS !!!!!!!!!!!!

!

Last edited:
All right my fellow posters, will somebody explain to me why their seems to be a little shyness about cheering our UNC TAR HEELS TO VICTORY. It does not matter what people are saying about our chances of winning. I really don't give a DO-DO what other people say, I am wanting to encourage my fellow posters to just get in the CHEERING MODE TO CHEER OUR UNC TAR HEELS TO !!!!!!!!!!!! VICTORY !!!!!!!!!!!!

!
I'll be in the stands at the Georgia Dome cheering on the Carolina Blue and white until my voice is hoarse. Doesn't mean I can't also be objective about our real chances.

Go Heels!

Fed has to keep the foot on the pedal in this one and not let up. Let Mitch and O roll over their D and force the dawgs to have to start throwing the ball so we can get several turnovers. Hopefully, Des took some time during the off-season to learn how to catch the ball so he can along with MJ get some interceptions. Love Des as CB but man if he had just intercepted that one easy pass last year he had a pick 6 and we win that opening game

I am still waiting. S P I R I T

A lot depends on who is healthy. If we are and unfortunately may not be but the PTB keeps it close to the vest, and IF our guys on the D-line can contain you guys, yes, we absolutely run all over Ga and win going away.

That being said, GA has recruited better, maybe has better athletes, etc,....I look at GA a little like Clemson but not quite as good. Not nearly as good at QB and overall offense, and so if our defense, if healthy can measure up to more stops, I think we could dominate.

GA's defense will no doubt be excellent. Just think we will score a lot and challenge them.

Reactions: maugwa and shun1
56-34 Heels all the way. I think Mitch gets out to a hot start and we never look back.

A lot depends on who is healthy. If we are and unfortunately may not be but the PTB keeps it close to the vest, and IF our guys on the D-line can contain you guys, yes, we absolutely run all over Ga and win going away.

That being said, GA has recruited better, maybe has better athletes, etc,....I look at GA a little like Clemson but not quite as good. Not nearly as good at QB and overall offense, and so if our defense, if healthy can measure up to more stops, I think we could dominate.

GA's defense will no doubt be excellent. Just think we will score a lot and challenge them.
Hi randman1, THAT'S THE SPIRIT SMILE

!!!!!!!!!!! GO TAR HEELS !!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: randman1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT