ADVERTISEMENT

YES! WE ARE GOING TO PUT A WHIPPING ON THAT GEORGIA BULL DOG DONKEY

0ac967841baefa22697f926af81a12ed.jpg

That was beginning of last season. After that, we really played well and even though we lost to Clemson, that was a bigger game than the scar game, and we played them fairly evenly. Marquise missed some passes but finally got into the groove, but the team overall played very well and were a touchdown away from possibly winning.

We did have 2 red zone turnovers but one of those wasn't so much on us but Clemson made a great play. Logan's fumble was a little harder to understand. But all in all, we were right there and could have won, and they were probably the best team in the nation even though they lost to Alabama.

Against Baylor, our offense didn't fold. Nor could Baylor stop them. We had guys out, lacked depth and experience on the D-line and they gamed us perfectly and ran all over us. Personally I blame the coaches for not adjusting. It's not our guys folded. They hit our weakness and outmatched us and we made very few adjustments to try to compensate. They were smart to avoid passing and our secondary.

So neither of those last 2 games did we fold mentally. We lost to Clemson due to Marquise taking so long to get going. My guess is he was still reeling from some particular hard hits and just took him awhile, and against Baylor, our defense just needed to get a couple of more stops. If we did that, we'd have won as our O was unstoppable.

I also thought they showed a lot of mental toughness to come from behind against GA Tech and put away a very determined VA Tech team.

These guys are not the same as they were during that SC game. They have that certain winning quality.

Would not be surprised to see us win by 4 TDs to be honest.
Good call Nosterdamus!

Nosterdamus? Did you even pass 3rd grade English?
Lol, I sure did, and a lot further than that. Although I will admit I never won any spelling bees. I also think that it's sad, albeit understandable that after the game this was the best comeback you could muster. But I think you got my point regardless.

Lol, I sure did, and a lot further than that. Although I will admit I never won any spelling bees. I also think that it's sad, albeit understandable that after the game this was the best comeback you could muster. But I think you got my point regardless.
Actually, I'm not sure what your point is. You come over to our board and reply to other posters to make yourself feel better maybe? Also, that grammar still needs work.

Reactions: UNC '92
Actually, I'm not sure what your point is. You come over to our board and reply to other posters to make yourself feel better maybe? Also, that grammar still needs work.
Not sure what your point is, my grammar is fine. Please enlighten me on my bad grammar. And simply responding to outrageous statements made by a few here, that's my point.

Not sure what your point is, my grammar is fine. Please enlighten me on my bad grammar. And simply responding to outrageous statements made by a few here, that's my point.
Outrageous statements? It was a little harmless trash talk. How about having a little class and say good game and good luck. Then you can leave. You are making your fan base look bad.

Outrageous statements? It was a little harmless trash talk. How about having a little class and say good game and good luck. Then you can leave. You are making your fan base look bad.
I made that exact statement in another thread. Said y'all are a good team and wished you good luck the rest of the way. Just responding to a little trash talk on here. And trying to say that the refs cost y'all the game doesn't make your fan base look real good either. The refs didn't affect the game one way or the other. There were at least a half dozen blatant holding calls that were missed and were instrumental in keeping several drives going. It's was the same as almost every game, they missed and made some iffy calls both ways. If we had lost no one on your board would be talking about the refs. There were two good teams who played a hellava game that could have gone either way. This was an non conference loss in the first game of season. So there is plenty of time for y'all to climb back up the polls. And I think y'all have a good shot at reaching the acc championship game. Good luck to ya, and beat the shit out of ga.tek.

I made that exact statement in another thread. Said y'all are a good team and wished you good luck the rest of the way. Just responding to a little trash talk on here. And trying to say that the refs cost y'all the game doesn't make your fan base look real good either. The refs didn't affect the game one way or the other. There were at least a half dozen blatant holding calls that were missed and were instrumental in keeping several drives going. It's was the same as almost every game, they missed and made some iffy calls both ways. If we had lost no one on your board would be talking about the refs. There were two good teams who played a hellava game that could have gone either way. This was an non conference loss in the first game of season. So there is plenty of time for y'all to climb back up the polls. And I think y'all have a good shot at reaching the acc championship game. Good luck to ya, and beat the shit out of ga.tek.

Around the internet, our fans aren't the only ones saying this. Ever visit reddit? R/Cfb is full of fans, yours included, saying this was a total hosing.

Don't think I will go so far as to say refs "cost" us the game, but when even the commentators on ESPN comment about how many calls went against us late in the 3rd and in the 4th, you know something is up. Besides that, as I have ALWAYS said about calls, it isn't the number of bad calls or even the number of missed calls, it is WHEN they happen that matter. When you get a string of calls against you at critical times (I am sorry, but we have had a TON of bad calls at key moments against us the last few years in key games) it affects you. Players start thinking about not making a mistake and they lose focus. They hesitate and the next thing you know it is a hole you can't dig yourself out of. I think last night we saw that happen again. Should we have adjusted after a couple of bad calls? Yes, that is coaching. We didn't and Georgia capitalized. End of story. By the time our guys were refocused, they couldn't afford any more mistakes and Chubb busts his best run of the night to put the game out of reach.

Regardless, the problems for us from last year appear to still be present as we can't stop grandma in a walker from gaining yards carrying the ball. If we don't learn how to stop the run, it won't matter who we play, they will score.

Bigger concern for me was play calling and some bad plays by Mitch. Yes it was a first game, but you don't expect these things when you have a staff that is supposed to know what it is doing and a backup QB who was supposed to be able to step right in.

Kudos to UGa and I hope the Bulldogs have a great season. As I said before, I wish we had them on the schedule regularly as I think it would be a good rivalry game in the making.

Disagree. He was absolutely right to protest the call and the penalty only cost us 3 yards. I'm more ticked about the subsequent call for a screen pass in our own end zone.

Pretty sure that screen was a check-down, and I also believe Mitch was trying to throw it away. He didn't get it low enough and Hood caught it anyway.

Reactions: UNC '92
If it was a throw away then he should have threw it over his head. You can't ask Hood to ignore every natural instinct he has and just not catch it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT