ADVERTISEMENT

You guys see this shiz in the handshake line?...

Character. This word means something. If K wins in Chapel Hill next game I guarantee Roy will take the high road and not act with such disputable behavorior. You Dukies try and justify that bullcrap behavior from your goat.

Don't care if he wins 2K games, the man is an insufferable prick who will not acknowledge a superior opponent in any defeat. I have said it over and over, he is only gracious in victory. Even his post game comments show that he is not willing to acknowledge truthfully why his team can lose some games. He never puts the onus on himself....,never.

I think it's ironic that he manages to get all this wonderful talent and still cannot reach the pinnacle. What he wants to do, is win 1 more championship and then retire. Here's to hoping it does not happen, and his team suffers more losses this year.

Don't care if he wins 2K games, the man is an insufferable prick who will not acknowledge a superior opponent in any defeat. I have said it over and over, he is only gracious in victory. Even his post game comments show that he is not willing to acknowledge truthfully why his team can lose some games. He never puts the onus on himself....,never.

I think it's ironic that he manages to get all this wonderful talent and still cannot reach the pinnacle. What he wants to do, is win 1 more championship and then retire. Here's to hoping it does not happen, and his team suffers more losses this year.
There will be a day he will bow and confess!!!

Reactions: 2DDIMOND

Yeah, thing is, K has always been a prick but he was as well a great coach, in my opinion worth nearly 10pts a game for his team. There was always a very noticeable difference in games where K was not on the side lines and an assistant took over.

IDK if it is his health or what it is but now days it does seem as if more of the coaching is being done by his assistants and K is more involved in "working the refs" than coaching his team. It appears his thinking now days is to get and overwhelm opponents with the best talent available no matter what has to occur to get that talent. Seems he now needs talent (as opposed to that talent needing him) to be his best shot at 1 more natty, as if he is riding the coat tails of his former self.

Yaeh, I will say it, K as a coach, as a coach that develops teams, that develops individual players to become better both individual players as well as mesh in to great team mates, that has IMO noticeably slipped in him. While he will still "work" the refs for a few more calls than they should get he now relies on that great talent to carry his teams and far to many of those talents are freshmen. His failure to develop his bench of very good talents will haunt the final stage of his career, we saw that clearly Wed night!

Reactions: Heelicious
There will be a day he will bow and confess!!!
Here's my take on the rebuff of Roy, K was pissed! Why, because he had the world's attention, former President there, movies stars, sports figures, media types, former players, etc. The game had been hyped beyond his wildest dreams. He was going to show the world what the present and future of college basketball is and or was going to be. And he was going to show the world, that he Mike Krez… would dominate the game with freshmen phenoms. Well Roy showed him the results of what a few years of practice and playing together as a team looks like. K thought he could take a group of great freshmen, throw them out on the court and their talent would steam roll the opposition. I taped and watched the game again and I didn't see dook run one set play.

...from the interwebs:

Roy tells K he hopes Zion is ok and Rat just blows him off.
Guarantee if dook had won K would've done that condescending chest-pat thing.
#Classless.
I saw that to give the benefit of the doubt I guess he was concerned about Zion but Roy is a gentleman and K is a rat's ass and always has and always will be!

I find it odd - the juxtaposition of them showing Rat doing a little prayer, Catholic cross blessing motion with his hands , blessing or whatever right before start of the game.... followed by two hours of a constant stream of profanity, taking God's name in vain, etc.....

just seems out of sync. Like the Catholics in a Godfather movie - doing a blessing/baptism of a child at the same time the Corleone "family" members are butchering a bunch of family enemies.

While I'm sure he was concerned about Z, there is no reason that k couldn't have at least looked at Roy and pretended to care what he was saying. That slight expression on Roy's face after k walked by says A LOT. He knows that k is a poor sport, horses-ass.

If dook wins the next round, that SOB will show how much of a hypocrite he is.

Character. This word means something. If K wins in Chapel Hill next game I guarantee Roy will take the high road and not act with such disputable behavorior. You Dukies try and justify that bullcrap behavior from your goat.
Spot on.

I find it odd - the juxtaposition of them showing Rat doing a little prayer, Catholic cross blessing motion with his hands , blessing or whatever right before start of the game.... followed by two hours of a constant stream of profanity, taking God's name in vain, etc.....

just seems out of sync. Like the Catholics in a Godfather movie - doing a blessing/baptism of a child at the same time the Corleone "family" members are butchering a bunch of family enemies.
If you look up the word hypocrite in Webster’s, a picture of Knight Lite will be there.

To their credit, several posters on the dook site have admitted that K looked bad doing what he did. I wasn’t a bit surprised by his blow by handshake, I’ve come to expect that kind of behavior from him.

Ok to their credit on that board, but how about on "this" board.

And how about the "Carolina" fans who get mad when they are called closet dookies. Where are they right now? We all know who they are. :)
#Crickets

To their credit, several posters on the dook site have admitted that K looked bad doing what he did. I wasn’t a bit surprised by his blow by handshake, I’ve come to expect that kind of behavior from him.

There are also 2 other threads on this exact topic - I even started one of them...even though I'm sure FTH lumps me into whatever odd things are going on in his mind.

People can have different opinions on something like this without being fans of another team. What level of inadequacy must one feel if they think disagreeing with them means you aren’t a fan?

Me and 71 disagreed about this on the main board. Didn’t cause any beef between us. Hell, we didn’t even really discuss it. Wasn’t a huge deal.

People can have different opinions on something like this without being fans of another team. What level of inadequacy must one feel if they think disagreeing with them means you aren’t a fan?

Me and 71 disagreed about this on the main board. Didn’t cause any beef between us. Hell, we didn’t even really discuss it. Wasn’t a huge deal.
Yeah, but @UNC71-00 disagrees with everybody. Methinks he's just a grumpy old man.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT