ADVERTISEMENT

Zags...

I think hands down the best team. If the Wuflu doesn’t stop them, I don’t think anything else will. I really don’t think we’ll finish the season.

Reactions: gary-7
...(stepping on my own previous post) are REALLY good.

Just destroying a pretty good UVA team. Big Dance is always a crap-shoot, but they hafta be the odds-on favorite at this point.

Yeah, they are damn good but that Krispert kid may be playing like the best player in the country and Timme is the perfect counter punch. They are rock solid and kudos to one of the best active coaches in the game in Mark Few because once again he has assembled a great team, a great unit.

Few is easily my favorite non-Carolina coach in college basketball and he’s a good friend of Roy’s on top of that. Just a great dude and heck of a coach.

I think it is funny, the media fawns over a has been like K or a never was like Kal yet coaches like Mark Few and Jay Wright and even Tony Bennett just coach winning basketball teams without anything near the hype. Sad really!

Few is easily my favorite non-Carolina coach in college basketball and he’s a good friend of Roy’s on top of that. Just a great dude and heck of a coach.
Yep, if my Heels or Tigers arent going against them, I pull for them and 'd like to see Mark get his Natty. One of the 2 or 3 best in the business. He had a NC-quality team in '17 but ran into a Nasty Dog & the Redemtion Gang.

This bunch has all the ingredients as well.

...(stepping on my own previous post) are REALLY good.

Just destroying a pretty good UVA team. Big Dance is always a crap-shoot, but they hafta be the odds-on favorite at this point.
They were also the best team in the country in 2019 before Texas Tech knocked them off in the Elite 8. The biggest difference this year is that they have the best point guard in the country this time in Freshman Jalen Suggs.

Yep, if my Heels or Tigers arent going against them, I pull for them and 'd like to see Mark get his Natty. One of the 2 or 3 best in the business. He had a NC-quality team in '17 but ran into a Nasty Dog & the Redemtion Gang.

This bunch has all the ingredients as well.
2019 team was even better

Mark Few might be the most underrated HC in the history of sports. He may not have won a title yet, but he has made freaking Gonzaga into a perennial national power. The guy has maybe the best eye for talent that will work in his system and culture.

edit: I erased the 2017 from my memory bank, lol. I still stand by my statement of him being underrated.

Last edited:
I think it is funny, the media fawns over a has been like K or a never was like Kal yet coaches like Mark Few and Jay Wright and even Tony Bennett just coach winning basketball teams without anything near the hype. Sad really!
Seems like a good chunk of college basketball media coverage is just hyping future pro talents unfortunately. If the situation were reversed, with UVA having loads of 5 star recruits and UK having the Ty Jerome's or Diakite's of the world, I think the coverage would largely flip (though some of it is due to UK having more fans because of historical success).

Would love him to coach for us eventually. Sure it's unlikely though, but he's awesome

I thought he might have been a prime candidate if Roy had chosen to retire at 65. Would have been perfect for UNC. But he is 58 and has turned Gonzaga into his own perfect little world. Basically has little competition on the left coast so figure there is little chance of that happening at this point. This year his team seems to be head and shoulders above everybody else. This may be his best team. But they have been pretty good before, and have always been the pick by many to win it all, but they never have. Somebody always seems to trip them up when it matters most.

I thought he might have been a prime candidate if Roy had chosen to retire at 65. Would have been perfect for UNC. But he is 58 and has turned Gonzaga into his own perfect little world. Basically has little competition on the left coast so figure there is little chance of that happening at this point. This year his team seems to be head and shoulders above everybody else. This may be his best team. But they have been pretty good before, and have always been the pick by many to win it all, but they never have. Somebody always seems to trip them up when it matters most.
Well - in past years, they’d have maybe one or two tough games outside of conference - then have a total cakewalk in conference - never tested at all. This team is different - putting beat downs on very good opponents

Zags are so solid at every level including coaching. If one or two guys are off on a night they have plenty to pick up the slack. They have a shot at gong undefeated IMO.

It doesn't help that they are on the west coast, in a smaller conference, and the majority of their games will be played late night for the Eastern and Central time zones. They are impressive though, damn impressive !!!!!!

Gonzaga looked REALLY good. To put 98 against UVa with only 7 turnovers is impressive. They actually reminded me a lot of several of Roy's Kansas teams that looked unbeatable in November and December but fell short in March. Definitely the team to beat. Could be interesting to see them play an experienced defensive-minded Baylor team that also has a chip on their shoulder.

Gonzaga looked REALLY good. To put 98 against UVa with only 7 turnovers is impressive. They actually reminded me a lot of several of Roy's Kansas teams that looked unbeatable in November and December but fell short in March. Definitely the team to beat. Could be interesting to see them play an experienced defensive-minded Baylor team that also has a chip on their shoulder.
I think that game will be made up during conference season if it fits in Baylors schedule. Gonzaga will make it work just to get that later competition level in the season.

I think Gonzaga and Baylor are easily the two best teams this year. Hope one of them wins it, assuming we don't. :)

Zags are the best team in the country hands down. Take a look at who they have beaten this season and games have not been that close. Best team since the 2009 Carolina squad. Everybody else playing for second place this season and that includes Baylor. Zags have it all the pieces and then some.

Gonzaga is good. Champions are not crowned in December. I will praise them more if they win the tournament

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT